DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Inception

Krakalakachkn

Has anyone seen this?  I keep hearing how awesome it is, how it'll blow me away, how I need to see it immediately.

Here's a review from NPR:

Dreaming is life's great solitary adventure. We experience its pleasures and terrors alone.

But what if other people could literally invade our dreams?

Welcome to the world of Inception; it's as disturbing as it sounds. Leonardo DiCaprio stars as a thief who specializes in what's called extraction, in taking secrets from the subconscious. He's hired to perform the even riskier task of inception — to put ideas in the head of one of the world's richest men. For this he has to employ Ariadne, a young architect played by Ellen Page.

Inception's plot is easier to follow than to explain, and it's not always possible to know which world the characters are in from one moment to the next. But even if specifics can be tantalizingly out of reach, you always intuitively understand what's going on and why.

Besides its science fiction theme, Inception's roots are in old-fashioned genre entertainment. The picture has strong film noir aspects, and everyone will recognize tropes like the glamorous femme fatale and the always-fateful decision to take on "one last job."

These elements come together because writer-director Christopher Nolan, who did the last two Batman films, is a master at creating what he calls a "tumbling forward" quality, keeping his cameras in motion so audiences are pulled along into the action.

And you will be. Inception is a popular-entertainment knockout punch so potent it'll have you worrying if it's safe to close your eyes at night. (Recommended)

I saw it last night.  At first I was thinking I would be disappointed, but it got better and better as it went along.  By the end you know what was going on at the beginning so the reason for my early confusion was cleared up.

It is fairly awesome.

I watched it. It is, in fact, awesome.

Saw it last night, and this is very true.  Nolan is a genius - I'll watch anything he makes - the acting was great, and the layers in it . . . I walked out of the film looking forward to seeing it again

Just saw this movie, very awesome. I went into it hearing it was great so I was expecting to be disappointed by my high expectations. This movie blew them away easily. Sure there are some plot holes like *SPOILER* why wasn't the watcher guy on level 2 jerked awake when the van rolled over? *END SPOILER* But still, they don't detract much from the movie. Still have to let it settle in my brain a bit more but this is now one of my top 10 movies.

Oh, and I'm for the happy ending.

I saw this last night and was stunned. It was so much better than I was expecting! I trust in Nolan but even I was blown away!!!

'Happy ending'? I don't think there is such a thing for the film and I don't really care which it is. It was an excellent journey!

Revolving rooms and excellent action? What more could a girl want?!!

@ Kivam - I'm looking forward too it again too! It's certainly one of the best films this year if not the best, in a close tie with Four Lions, which I highly recommend!

Great, great movie.  For the first quarter or so, I was worried that it wouldn't live up to my expectations since I was so excited for it that I must have watched the trailers weekly for a couple of months.  ;D  The beginning's confusing, since you're sort of dumped into the middle of the plot.  That's really my only criticism.  After that, you get sucked in and the rest of the movie is spectacular.  And once I got out, I kept thinking about it.  I never, ever watch movies twice in the theater, but I'm seriously considering it with this one.  Definitely worth the money and time.  I love Nolan's films and this one is his best yet, IMO.

Btw - the most important thing?  He walked away from it.  For the first time, he didn't care whether it would stop or not - he just cared about enjoying the ones he was with (trying to make this as spoiler free as I can)

Archived