DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Morgase and party...

Jasonm

Yep, Galad could turn out to be quite the character.

He's got all kinds of doodoo to sort out within the Children, then he has to tackle the seriously creepy Asunawa.

He has to discover the stepmom he thought was dead, and was willing to die to avenge, is hale, hearty and pulling her forelock to a man believed to be the worst kind of Darkfriend by two of the Children under him.

He has to discover that those two Children were involved in some very shady behaviour with a walking talking cesspit. (Fain)

And, unless Berelain shows an interest in some lanky gai'shain, the Prettiest Man in the Known World is gonna be set on by a phenomenon of boobies & perfume.

And, he may just find out his new half brother is the Dragon Reborn, and the father of his soon to show up niece and nephew.

Fun reading ahead!!

You get women like Berelain - they only want a guy if he "belongs" to another woman whom she dislikes / considers as competition. I believe that's the only reason she went after Perin so ferociously. And then stopped, once Faile wasn't around to witness it.

Has to refer to Galad. She's ambitious, and she's not gonna bother looking at his underlings. He seems to keep a fairly rabid selection of thos about. I had thought that if Perrin got taken gai'shain it would've been done.

Speaking of that, is anyone surprised Perrin wasn't (at least) accosted by the Shaido before he met up with Tylee & co?? I've always thought it strange that we were told so often - def more than once or twice- that blacksmiths can NOT be made gai'shain. Then, Semi throws blacksmith-liver-eating (or something similar) shaped insults at Sorilea. Is there a thread exploring this?

The WhiteCloaks were kinda disapointing, I wish they were a larger evil, really by now, Rand, the Seanchan, Perrin's group, the Band of the Red Hand, the Aiel, the Shiado, the Ashaman, and the trolloc/darkfiend armies are all stronger then them. 

As for morgese, another thing she'll do is tell Elayne that Perrin really doesn't want to restart mantheran.  I like Elayne, but I remeber one PoV about her getting upset about what Perrin's doing, and while it's understandable from her PoV, it still was frusterating. 

I myself am surprised she hasn't sent Birgette and a company to TR (via gateway made by the kin) to learn what happened with the raising of the Red Eagle banner.  She does know there were trollocs and whitecloaks involved (Egwene told her) but she hasn't gone to any great effort to find out for herself.

The WhiteCloaks were kinda disapointing, I wish they were a larger evil, really by now, Rand, the Seanchan, Perrin's group, the Band of the Red Hand, the Aiel, the Shiado, the Ashaman, and the trolloc/darkfiend armies are all stronger then them. 

they are still an elite group. I see them taking action in some key moment or position.

Like conquering an important  castle, or defending a passage in the mountains.

Or saving rand himself.

One of the most favored theories is that there are darkfriends hidden among the forces of light, and they will attack from the inside. Such an action could be extremely dangerous, even for Rand. I imagine at that point the whitecloacks will manage to hold the position and prevent the defenses of the forces of light from being broken.

Kind of like what happened during the siege of Caemlyn when a group of mercenaries betrayed.

Morgas will help galad get the cairhien throne and be the queen mother!

or wait, how much claim does galad even have to the sun throne?

I would say he has as much as Elayne, though would he be accepted? Would he be a good king?

I think Morgase will have a role to play going forward.

As others have said:

1) In mediating between Perrin and the WC's Galad is leading.

2) In getting Gawyn's head out of his rear.

3) In helping to potentially help fill the void in Cairhein (herself, Galad, or Elayne, or acting as Steward herself).

4) Play a key role in what happens to the Two Rivers/Manetheren/Perrin/Andor question.

Also, she could:

4) Help spread the truth about Gabreil/Rahvin (once Perrin tells it to her)

5) Help with Elayne's state of mind enormously (her mother isn't dead)

6) Ditto with Galad

7) Maybe she'll be pivotal to Rand and Galad figuring out they are half brothers. That could have real consequences

Real ones.  Like complicating family trees.

Rand: No, son, I'm not related to your mother.  But my half-brother is her half-brother.  Its just that, well, the halves don't line up.

Elayne: Is that clear, little Tam?  Its like, A is to B as B is to C, but A and C can have sex without worrying about increased risk of genetic disease.

Little Tam: O .... kay ....

Real ones.  Like complicating family trees.

Rand: No, son, I'm not related to your mother.  But my half-brother is her half-brother.  Its just that, well, the halves don't line up.

Elayne: Is that clear, little Tam?  Its like, A is to B as B is to C, but A and C can have sex without worrying about increased risk of genetic disease.

Little Tam: O .... Kay .... So, next question. When Dad goes into the bedroom with Auntie Min and Auntie Avi - What are they doing?

Real ones.  Like complicating family trees.

Rand: No, son, I'm not related to your mother.  But my half-brother is her half-brother.  Its just that, well, the halves don't line up.

Elayne: Is that clear, little Tam?  Its like, A is to B as B is to C, but A and C can have sex without worrying about increased risk of genetic disease.

Little Tam: O .... Kay .... So, next question. When Dad goes into the bedroom with Auntie Min and Auntie Avi - What are they doing?

O man, those kids are gonna be so screwed up.  :D

Archived