DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Mafia Maddness <Game Over - Congrads Town & Siblings>

Guest dragonsworn1991

Locke makes a good point in the Dead Thread (as much as I hate to admit it, I don't trust Umbridge even dead ;) )

How exactly did Aemon target anybody when he was Vanilla Pete?

Ask Red she was the one who informed me he did. :D

Anyways, I think he may have submitted the NK

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok i posted it before my report said that aemon was a vanilla anti-town

i thought if you where vanilla you didn't get any actions correct me if i'm wrong

You are correct, but seeing as he is scum anti-town, then he would technically not have an action, but still be part of the team that kills someone.

Mottlee is there anyway you could be wrong! Because Aemon said that he had a roleblocking role. I also thought that everyone had a role in the game. So your viewing seems a little odd. I'm not accusing you of lying, but I'm wondering if somehow the info was corrupted or your info isn't 100%. Unfortunately we have nothing to check it against. I can't believe that Umbridge wouldn't have a role!

all that i know is that i get a coroners report when someone dies that says who there character is and what there role/alignment is.  :-\ i don't know if it can be corputed or not. my guess is that aemon was maybe solo win. she lied about who her charecter was so i'm guessing she lied about her role to. think of it this was if you where anti-town what better role claim then a role blocker. the town will want to keep you around and the mafia has bigger fish to catch. these are just my thoughts so i could be wrong

I can tell you for a fact that that line of reasoning is a false trail. 

Mine or Lia's, Locke?

Lia's.  I agree with yours, Adella.  I reached the same conclusion myself; it's the only thing that would make sense.

I don't know if Red chose to do it this way or not, but I have been in games where the mods do not consider the night kill to be part of a role, but more a function of the scum team.  So, for example, a doubling power wouldn't work on the NK because it works on a roll and the NK isn't a roll.  I don't know if that's what Red's done here, but it could explain him being vanilla and NKing.

Sorry if that is confusing... I'm working around a whining child at the moment.  *sigh*

I have to say that in games where there have been roleblockers, you usually find that the night kill is given to one person and it can be doubled. It is a role that is passed on though. The reason it is done that way is that the roleblocker has to block that particular person not the whole team. Otherwise it makes it easy for the roleblocker and a little unfair. As for making it a role, I think Vanilla would not be given in this case if he had a night kill. That would seems a little odd. I have never seen it come out that way before. In fact I have never seen a vanilla mafia, as mafia is part of something so they can't be Vanilla! It's why I find it all really odd!

I see your point about the roleblocker, but there might not actually be one in the game.  Unless I missed something, Aemon's the only one who claimed roleblocker and Mottlee says he lied about it.  The mafia might be able to swap around who sends the kill in and the roleblocker just have to get lucky and pick the right person for that night, but that would be much harder.

The vanilla mafia thing doesn't really bother me on principle.  I just find it another way of saying mafia with no extra powers.  What bugs me is that this is Umbridge we're talking about and I find that a very strange role for her.  Umbridge is one I would definitely not expect to be vanilla.  Which is why I'm trying to figure out how the pieces fit together with Pete seeing a kill and Aemon showing as vanilla.  It doesn't help that I'm always wary of Pete saying "I saw him killing" now after Buffy mafia.  :P

I don't know guys, this theory about showing a NA just because you are scum.  I've been mafia several times with no other role and when I get checked I was showed as having no NA. As for why would Aemon claim roleblocker if he wasn't one...he was scum.  He had every reason to lie and a vanilla role is the least believed for the most part anyway.  I am really suspicious of Pete right now...if the coroner's report showed vanilla mafia then he flat out lied about Aemon doing the killing, and again that's depending on the way Red works her findings and the like. I just don't see her giving everyone in the group the same finding result.

I, too, have been a 'vanilla' scum, aka mafia goon with no other role. So I can see how Aemon would/could be one. So, again - why would Aemon claim a role he didnt have? Pete could've received a viewing from the 'team' as Adella had said. My confusion is why claim to have a role and target someone when it would be impossible? Is it b/c Aemon thought we wouldnt believe him since everyone is supposed to be 'roled' in this game?

I will say, however, that as in my last character (which I think I can talk about freely), even though I was 'roled' it was more in the passive sense, like having a backup. So, as Viktor Krum I was 'vanilla' in the sense that I, too, could post no Night Action. If I gained a role it would be b/c of a shift in the game at some point later, or perhaps receiving a 'gift' of some sort - as we've seen in the storyline. So, I believe that Mottlee's report could be true, just as Pete's could also be true.

Vanilla to me means a normal townies no role powers etc. In a game this big, I have no reason to doubt there would be a roleblocker or two. Did someone not say they had been blocked? Not sure. Anyway I agree with you that Umbridge would not be a normal person with no role. I also thought that someone said that everyone in the game had a role, I need to check the first post to see if was there.

Why would Pete lie about Aemon showing an action against Meesh, if he didn't. Could it be there are on the same team, but Pete's role reveal would say that they weren't and that Pete would be telling the truth. The only thing we have to remember is recruiters. We know that Aust was one, according to Mottlee.

Another thing could be that mottlee's coroner report isn't 100% or it was messed with, which means others could have been messed with too. Too many things for my brain and I'm so tired!

Why would a scum lie about having an action they didn't? Because they are scum! Pete and Aemon were probably working together and Aemon was set up to be the fall guy. That way, when we lynch Aemon, we don't look at Pete! Or anyone else that Aemon was against.

[glow=purple,2,300]Classrooms[/glow]

Wait - are classrooms purple or blue?

Actually... I don't see why there can't be more than one Mafia team and thus they could BOTH be in Mafia. Just not in the same team. *shrugs* I'm just saying... we keep assuming that two people who act scummy seem to oppose each other and thus one of them MUST be town.

Well, I say, there could be more than one mafia team. And neither know who's in whose team. Thus... slaughterhouse!

I don't think I voted yet so [glow=purple,2,300]Classrooms[/glow]

I see everyone's points and I do agree, but we need to keep all options and theories in mind. I am in no way convinced of Pete's innocence. Boopsy is very right, with this many players there is most likely more than one Scum team and Scum players.

Deadline

Wed, June 16th @ 6pm CST or when all Night Actions have been received

Class Rooms - 8

Hogwarts Grounds - 14

meh i dont really care about the color so long as its glowed so i dont miss it :)

Guest dragonsworn1991

Why would a scum lie about having an action they didn't? Because they are scum! Pete and Aemon were probably working together and Aemon was set up to be the fall guy. That way, when we lynch Aemon, we don't look at Pete! Or anyone else that Aemon was against.

First of all in a game this big, it would be to early to try for a gambit.

Secondly, yes I did mean player, Aemon set him up to back him up but he didn't, so that makes me think that Player is scum :D

Night all

Archived