DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Mafia Maddness <Game Over - Congrads Town & Siblings>

Here's what I find myself asking: would Victor Krum be in this game? He really isn't part of Hogwarts thoughhe was a major character in GoF. There are numerous people that would probably have been chosen first in the Hogwarts world before going outside. That said, I'm going to wait and see if there is a counter claim before making my final decision on who to vote for. At the moment I am leaning more towards Daruya because of Pete's arguement. I believe Mynd is innocent. I have no read on Charis. Dah'mir is acting strangely, but I don't want to risk lynching an uncontested finder. There are still plenty of other people acting strange that we don't have to go there right now.

EDIT: LMAO Mynd

A lying liar

his pants ablaze with fire

getting us all lynched!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like i said, I'm waiting for Red to give me my read.

And my role is Arthur Weasley who is the Day Finder in this game. And Aemon, how am I acting strangely? I'm just revealing my role and my reads on people is all.

In a normal mafia game, Nyn, I would agree.  In a game where everyone has some kind of role; however, you have to be very careful.  For example, in the LOTR game that Talya ran recently, Meesh was absolutely sure of Adella's scumminess with no basis for it.  She was essentially as vague as Dah'mir about it and with no evidence other than her claim, people were starting to suspect her mafia.

As it turned out, she was being controlled by Sauron and told that she must push for a lynch on Adella.  I suspect that if HE WHO CANNOT BE NAMED is in this game, he might have a similar influence.  I suspect that Dahmir is either making a poor move, misguided in his reading, or influenced in the very same way that Meesh was in the other game.

Like the Transformers,

there's more here than meets the eye.

What is going on?

I REALLY wouldn't refer to that game there Sparkplug. ;)

Charis has alluded to being a quiddich player for awhile now.  I remember reading her saying that awhile back.  Doesn't mean she's Krum... even Malfoy played the game.. but her claim wasn't out of the blue at any rate.

Here's what I find myself asking: would Victor Krum be in this game? He really isn't part of Hogwarts thoughhe was a major character in GoF.

Would you think Aberforth Dumbledore would be present in this game?  I would say that Viktor Krum has a hugely higher chance of being in the game than Aberforth.  And Aberforth is in the game.  So, asking that kind of question is pretty silly.  The MOD chose who was going to be in this game and who wasn't, not too much point in speculating as long as someone isn't claiming to be Fleur Delacour's veela grandmother or something like that.

And this game isn't called "Harry Potter Mafia--Madness at Hogwarts" so let's not use Hogwarts as any sort of major qualifying factor, here.  If the person is in Harry's world, I'd say he or she has a fairly decent chance of being in the game.

I'm not defending Charis' claim by any means, but I just wanted to point out that speculating over who would be in the game and who wouldn't doesn't actually get us anywhere in the majority of cases.  (again, that's not so much the case if someone's claiming one of Dudley's mates from school)

I claim that Bitter Lemon is the most delicious soda drink thing that has ever existed in this world.

Oh my goodness, YES!  (Although, I thought it was called Lemon Bitter.  Are they the same thing?  I've never before met someone who knew what it was.  The one my family makes consists of lemonade and Perrier Lime)  Yeah, that just stuck out to me, 'cause lemon better IS epic.

Also, consider the possibility that Krak has a PR here as his next post was about this too....If it is, that would throw a third PR into today's list which would....support Daruya's chance of being a scummy PR giver?....

Okay, now for my actual post.

Sorry I haven't been around at all for the past week, folks.  I was also frozen, like Mynd......and then I had a school trip to St. Louis, this followed up by, when I got back, DM issues and a very busy soccer schedule plus a couple other things.  But I'm back now.

On the subject of Dah's claims:  I believe his role claim for now, however I doubt that Charis is scum and Mynd even more so.  Charis just doesn't really strike me as scum or being scummy, plus her character reveal (Honestly, I have no idea who any of these characters are, but if you people say they're good, I'll believe you. :D)  As for Mynd, he's practically the epitome of Town; if he's scum, we mine as well give up now.

So, who to lynch then?  We have the whole Adella and Wombat fiasco.  Either of them would be a liable lynch with some promise.  We have the lurkish, vote-casting, non-substantial inactives, mainly rojano and Taei.  We have a rather suspicious someone else who has made a claim, but is it believable?  And then we have the PR-giving Daruya as framed by Pete.  Personally, I could go with any of these, but since lynching the inactives wouldn't prvide much information, and the others......er, well, let's just say [glow=red,2,300]Daruya[/glow] is my tops since not taking down the others doesn't make much sense at opportunity.

Although, it would be nice to get a vote count.....

Okay, I believe that's all I have to say for the moment.

Charis has alluded to being a quiddich player for awhile now.  I remember reading her saying that awhile back.  Doesn't mean she's Krum... even Malfoy played the game.. but her claim wasn't out of the blue at any rate.

I want to add to this that if you look back, I specifically said I was "practicing Quidditich for the World Cup." Something that no ordinary player could claim, since that is a game for elites.

Victor Krum comes back in the later books of HP. Its brief and not really important but he is there

Thank you. Viktor was not a huge character, true. But, as was mentioned, he did come back in book 7, as he was invited to the Wealey wedding. (Everyone knows Weasleys only befriend good wizards.) If you read that book, you'll know how fiercely angry he was about Dark Wizard Grindelwald, whom Dumbledore defeated in a duel.

Viktor was minor, yes. He wasnt a Hogwarts student, yes. But, nonetheless he/I am here. Viktor is Town - whether you've read the books or seen the films. Even I'm willing to give Dah the benefit of the doubt that his reading just came back wrong. But, either way you flip it, lynching me is only a victory for the mafia. Whether Dah is on it, I'm not sure. And like someone else said - I'm unwilling to vote for an uncontested Finder.

Guest dragonsworn1991

Dah, my suggestion is view one of the two you have viewed again tomorrow, and see what comes up again that way the margin for error would be a little smaller if you get the same result twice.

Dah, my suggestion is view one of the two you have viewed again tomorrow, and see what comes up again that way the margin for error would be a little smaller if you get the same result twice.

This actually makes good sense.  

Dah, have you gotten your response from Red yet?

Silence speaks volumes,

where are the unspoken ones?

Inactivity!

Okay, now for my actual post.

Sorry I haven't been around at all for the past week, folks.  I was also frozen, like Mynd......and then I had a school trip to St. Louis, this followed up by, when I got back, DM issues and a very busy soccer schedule plus a couple other things.  But I'm back now.

On the subject of Dah's claims:  I believe his role claim for now, however I doubt that Charis is scum and Mynd even more so.  Charis just doesn't really strike me as scum or being scummy, plus her character reveal (Honestly, I have no idea who any of these characters are, but if you people say they're good, I'll believe you. :D)  As for Mynd, he's practically the epitome of Town; if he's scum, we mine as well give up now.

So, who to lynch then?  We have the whole Adella and Wombat fiasco.  Either of them would be a liable lynch with some promise.  We have the lurkish, vote-casting, non-substantial inactives, mainly rojano and Taei.  We have a rather suspicious someone else who has made a claim, but is it believable?  And then we have the PR-giving Daruya as framed by Pete.  Personally, I could go with any of these, but since lynching the inactives wouldn't prvide much information, and the others......er, well, let's just say [glow=red,2,300]Daruya[/glow] is my tops since not taking down the others doesn't make much sense at opportunity.

Although, it would be nice to get a vote count.....

Okay, I believe that's all I have to say for the moment.

Bolded the part I am addressing. I would like to know why I would be a good lynch candidate please. I have had the Mynd-suspicion, which I tend to expect EVERYONE to have this early in the game. In LoTR he went after everyone to see how they reacted. My issue with that is that Mynd's arguments just SUCK compered to those he found on that game. This may be meta-gaming, but his thought processes in the game are making me question his claim of Lupin. [/tangent]

Here's what I find myself asking: would Victor Krum be in this game? He really isn't part of Hogwarts thoughhe was a major character in GoF. There are numerous people that would probably have been chosen first in the Hogwarts world before going outside. That said, I'm going to wait and see if there is a counter claim before making my final decision on who to vote for. At the moment I am leaning more towards Daruya because of Pete's arguement. I believe Mynd is innocent. I have no read on Charis. Dah'mir is acting strangely, but I don't want to risk lynching an uncontested finder. There are still plenty of other people acting strange that we don't have to go there right now.

EDIT: LMAO Mynd

A lying liar

getting us all lynched!

If Dung is in it, then Krum is also very likely. Key sub-char in the same ways.

Malfoy didn't play enough for someone to really think of that off the top of their head, and was never in the World Cup.

Just caught that Charis said this already, but I wanted to point out that if we are accepting someone who was hardly ever around like Dung to be a very probable role, then IMO Krum is a very good solid claim, especially since no one has countered her, and she was hinting at it from BEFORE she got accused.

Right now I am really wanting to try out the Finder theory with Mynd rather than Charis, although I'm totally willing to go for either to test Dah's claim. I'm not feeling good about how Dah is handling the accusations, but the claim of being Arthur Weasley with a finder role makes sense from a HP nerd viewpoint. I know Mynd is gonna ask for me to case him and find quotes of when he was making weak arguments, and if I have to, I will, but I am feeling too lazy at this current point in time to do it without it being needed.

Oh Charis, it's almost the same as I am thinking with Dah. Not handling it well, but the character claim makes sense with what she hinted to earlier.

Would like to say, I'm not reading fully so I can go back and reread later but its AMADINE! Not Adella and Thorim, its Ama and Thorum. That is all.

:P

:-*

*runs from ASS MOD Eddie*

:D :-*

I know Mynd is gonna ask for me to case him and find quotes of when he was making weak arguments, and if I have to, I will, but I am feeling too lazy at this current point in time to do it without it being needed.

Seriously. WTF?!  You are too lazy to go back and read the facts?  How in perfect health does that make any sense?  

PR Haiaku

koo-koo-achoo, Timbuktu,

Adella lazy!

I think Charis and Mynd are innocent and Dah (I tentatively believe his claim) has just had bad luck so far. Pete's suggestion is very sensible.

I still find Wombat to be suspicious myself but I'd be interested to see if there is anything to back up the current thought that Daruya is scummy. And I'd reiterate that PR-givers can be both innocent and mafia, and if someone has the role that does not make them automatically scum ;)

Would anyone fancy a Canary Cream?

I could fancy Mynd calming the heck down. IT'S A GAME! I am online for hours and hours at a time and have no reason to do things on DM when I don't feel like it, cause then I would just do a crap job of it anyways. I'll get bored tonight and not want to sleep and I will case you on why I think you are scummy for your stupid weak arguments, kthx.

I could fancy Mynd calming the heck down. IT'S A GAME! I am online for hours and hours at a time and have no reason to do things on DM when I don't feel like it, cause then I would just do a crap job of it anyways. I'll get bored tonight and not want to sleep and I will case you on why I think you are scummy for your stupid weak arguments, kthx.

I don't know what else to say to this.  :-\

Seven sins deadly

Pride, Wrath, Greed, Envy, and Lust

Sloth must be the worst!

10 posts done (well 11 I couldn't count) and I'm done with the PR...wooohooo!

[glow=red,2,300]Unvote[/glow]

I was going to say that we test Dah's theory, but I think Charis has put that down.

And Adella sweets, Mynd doesn't need to calm down at all, he never takes/means anything personal in this game, I wouldn't get so stressed about it! And i understand him wondering how you can say things about how you think he is suspicious, but you can't be bothered to go back and read what it is. That doesn't help the town at all.

so going back. Pete doubled Dar's night action, because he thought she was a killer. That is a bit silly thing to do. If there had been two night kills, it wouldn't have mean it was all down to her if at all. In a game this size I can't believe just one player has a night kill. This game would go on forever! So it wouldn't necessarily have told you anything at all. Now there seem to be at least 3 PR's going around, so that doesn't mean much. And not everyone has come in yet after night, so there could still be more.

Back to Dah's claim, I'm tending to believe him now. He wouldn'e be able to claim Arthur Weasely easily if he wasn't. though he should have been more honest to begin with about his role. The fact he took his instincts and added them and gave a 100% positive feel to his vote on Mynd, brought all this about. Instead of being up front. The role can be useful, but the 75% can still be too much lee way. And you can't spend your time on just one player a few times to check. So the role isn't too helpful at present, but maybe used with other things later on.

And Lia, I think I will decline - thanks ;)

Anyways, from the few posts that Aust has made, I have a few theories.  First, one can gather that he was gunning for Wombat, and perhaps the mafia got nervous about this and whacked Aust before he could push further on him during Day 1.  When most people were gunning for either Boopsy or Som1Else on Day 1 redeux, he was stuck on Wombat. 

..then again, perhaps Wombat is a patsy.  If the mafia saw those posts, they could have figured they could night kill Aust and pin it on Wombat.  Who is voting for Wombat right now?  Thorum.  but Thorum is innocent, right?

Second, from what I can read in those posts, he seemed pretty cozy with Talya, almost as if they were masons together, but let's suppose they are not.  Is it possible that Talya selected Aust for night kill because she would be the least likely suspected for his agreeing with her? 

Then, there is the possibility that Aust was chosen because he didn't post much at all, which I would hate to believe.  There must be a better reason for Aust's selection and, more importantly, why not some others?

Mynd - Thanks to Thorum, the mafia didn't target me last night.  It probably would have been good for the town if they DID target me but so much for that. 

Seriously? I get that you are trying to look at it from all angles, or some excuse like that, but you HONESTLY think the mafia is blind, deaf, AND dumb?! There aren't enough total noobs in this game to give the excuse of "they don't know not to incriminate themselves". Your bit about Talya makes some level of sense, but still, this is weak stuff and mostly just creating WIFOM for the TOWN to try to sift through. Not town-like behavior.

People, please!  If you are going to cast your vote on this day, you have got to give more reason than just "he's pinging my radar" or similar vague reasons.  Please give clear, concise reasons for voting, even if its me.  ESPECIALLY if its me.  Its unfair to the townies who are actually trying to win this game for someone to come along and ignore all the glaring hints out there dropped by players like myself simply because they cannot be bothered to read or re-read the thread. 

The two people who voted for Thorum after he was pretty much vouched for are included in that. 

THIS IS MAFIA! There is not a Cliff's Notes version of this game!  You have to do the work!

Okay, you have officially said you are "town" now stop. We get it. Hopefully if we have a lie detector they have checked that by now and have been following the game (even if they are lurking ::)) enough to see you shouting it from the mountaintops. You re-stating it is not something I can see a townie doing unless it is brought up again. Guilty conscience?

Forgot to mention that we are now 25% revealed. The mafia is probably having kittens right about now.  ;D

I would have to say you are right on with your post, AK, with the possible exception of Som1.  Has he actually claimed that Collin? His responses were vague and non-committal.  Do we push for a mass reveal at this time?  If we can get everyone to claim their player, the mafia won't have time to false claim. 

You've been saying that bolded part a lot too. It makes me feel like your role hints so far may have been just you setting yourself up to claim Lupin, so if someone counter claimed, you had the excuse of having hinted at it first. You are smart, smart enough to have easily thought of that before I did in my reread.

My poems do not rhyme

Five-Seven-Five must each be,

but more can I post!

I'd like to think that Dah is a finder and got an incorrect viewing on me. It would make a lot more sense than just voting because he wants to.  Reading this...

No Mynd. I dont need to do the work. I know that you're Mafia is all.  :P

...I would almost take this as a finder claim, but knowing I am town and who I am (howl), I would assume some kind of misdirection, corruption, or 50/50 accuracy.  Still, a finder with a mafia finding should come forward and beg protection from the healer (or healers) we have in the game.  What I fear is likely closer to the truth.  He isn't bothering to read the long posts and would rather just point fingers.  This is dangerous.  Lynching a lazy townie is still lynching a townie, so this behavior is either gonna get one of us lynched, both of which score one for the mafia. 

So Dah'mir, it might help us understand the nature of your behavior if you reveal (partially or fully) who your character is in this game. 

....AND this does not let Wombat off the hook either!

Mynd- Do you think a mass reveal would help us or hurt us? I have never been in one, but those who have seemed to believe it was an extremely bad idea.

Kitten, I have seen it go both ways.  In roled games, I've always pushed for a mass reveal early on but it only works if you can get everyone to claim immediately, as to not give the mafia time to create a good false claim.  I've also been burned by this before in that if one claims a character that is not in the game or is owned by an inactive, they go on uncontested and ignored until its to late. 

Still, I think in this game, it would benefit us more to mass reveal, within the rules of the game.  The only way it would be a harm is if we also reveal our abilities.  That is really what the mafia are after.  We already know who Dumbledore is, so the mafia do as well.  My abilities (naturally) are night actions, one passive and one active.  That is all I am willing to say at this point. 

Someone claiming to be Harry Potter is likely telling the truth in that I am quite sure that character is in the game.  Someone claiming to be Beezlebub MacSecondary-Character might not be so believable. 

Your whole argument is all over the place here. Dah is innocent, no he is scummy, but he is innocent! That doesn't fly with your casing I have seen previously. You were GOOD in LotR, and here it is all very weak. I am still deciding if it is having weak stuff to go off of, or just being scum and searching for any and every reason to accuse someone.

Bolded part - Again, this is a good statement, for a townie, or someone who already has their fake claim in progress. I am considering looking into everyone who started hinting at their roles for no reason. It could be a scum tactic that a good player like Mynd might come up with ::)

Another thought....

Death Eaters abound

with He who shall not be named,

Who else would be scum?

What would be the powers of the mafia (or mafias) in this game?  I know first hand that there is a freezing power out there.  Would there also be an illusion power of some kind?  What about mind control, like we had seen in LOTR?  Someone seems to be slinging PRs around too, but it doesn't necessarily mean its a mafia power. 

And what about a power/role blocker?  Has anyone been blocked by their actions so far?

I also believe that there is a lie detector on our side.  This will definitely come in handy if we push for a mass reveal!  ;)

I honestly almost didn't quote this post, but the italic part caught my eye. Way to role fish under a fairly good cover. I honestly wasn't gonna quote just because I agree with your opinion on the possible mind-control like in LotR, but slipping in the bit about trying to get someone with a power to come forward... It's just silly!

The next few posts I did skip (quoting-wise), nothing that struck me as bad/odd in them.

A couple pages later:

Nope. I mean, you have your say in it. You can try to defend yourself that you're mafia or try to protect you mafia members. Its up to you. And i'm not under any kind of PR or influence of anyone. Sorry Mynd.

So, would you agree that lynching you would confirm your claims?

Why Jeran. People can flat out say that so and so is mafia without revealing too much ya know.

Because you are claiming that two people are mafia and have no proof of such a claim.  One of the two that you are accusing is me and I think that I have been way too clear as to who my character is.  I have also been blatant about my alignment and the fact that this escapes you leads me to believe your alignment is not 'TOWN' (again, notice my wording here).

Apparently, based on Daruya's post, not clear enough for everyone.  If you are a finder, how is it that you were able to get more than one viewing?  Dah, you are a better player than this. 

What I find interesting is that everyone is quick to tag Mynd as Lupin based on his hints (fleas, mange, howling).  Have we forgotten people, that there is also another character with rather wolfish tendencies . . . one who is closely aligned with Voldy?  So which one is he, truly?  Let's not be too quick to jump on the "Mynd as Lupin" bandwagon; I think we need to consider he's working for the other side as Fenrir Greyback.  Just sayin' . . .

And Pete . . . you're wrong.  Although it would help if I knew what "PR" stood for . . . I doubt it stands for public relations!  Although your rather single-minded targeting of me in this game really casts you into suspicion, I'm going to vote [glow=red,2,300]Mynd[/glow] because I think he really might be Fenrir Greyback.  I also can't help but wonder if you are working together in this game and are just purposely not aligning in your votes.

Why would I hint at being a scum character? Lemme do this without risk of modkill, I am he who AeomonKitten has stated.  I don't mean to throw anyone for a lupe but I am he. 

Also, I have been using the word "town" not innocent because of a reason that should be clear to those similarly aligned.  I don't know what else to say at this point, but your vote baffles me. I mean, I've really seen some out of thin air reasons for voting someone, but......wow. 

Seriously, what else needs to be said?  I am really getting tired of spoon feeding some of these players.  Beating the grass to startle the snakes only works when we don't already have solid info to go on. 

My guess?  Some people are getting very worried about this mass reveal. 

And where the hell is Wombat?  I will not remove my vote until we have heard from him!

Running like the roach

when the dark becomes bright light,

so do the scum flee!

Logical players, please save my sanity here!!! 

Bolded - So are you Mynd, to not think of day 1 being reset and thus people being able to have day actions again.

Italics - Okay, my less experienced side is gonna show here, but I really don't get the difference, never have, and I have spent a lot of time thinking on it. If someone is innocent (as a townie often shows up on a coroner game) why would that make them bad to have? That only implies a mason group or some such like that. Still win when [insert generic town win condition here].

A reveal early in this game is not the wisest thing to do. But yes, i claim that two people are mafia.

You need to say more here, bro.  Especially since I am one of the two you claim and I know I am town.  I hesitate to suggest a lynch on you for fear that you are being manipulated in some way.  I'm uncontested in my character claim and I've often used the word TOWN, which similarly aligned players can confirm makes sense.  I've also been the victim of a freeze spell which was keeping me quiet during a Myndwagon that YOU were part of....but you didn't count on someone reversing time.  A cute yet OCD Muggle I expect. 

My instincts say there is something deeper going on here.  For not only the sake of your own neck, but the town, you need to be explicit at this point why you think both me and Charis are mafia.  The less you say, the more guilty you look. 

Dahmir, last chance to come clean. 

Okay, am I paranoid by seeing a scum move in that too? I honestly could see him willing to be shut up day 1 because it would give a good excuse for later on in the game! I might just be really mis-trusting of Mynd though.

So, let me recap, just so I can make sure I have this right.

Dahmir, claims to be a 75% accurate finder.

Dahmir claims Mynd is anti-town.

Dahmir claims Charis is anti-town. 

Dahmir has not revealed his character.

First of all, this would be an awesome claim for mafia.  Risky, but how can we hold him 100% responsible for lynching either of us?  Remember, if his claim is true, then there is a 25% chance that he got an inaccurate reading even if the other has already flipped anti-town.  That's how probability works.  I don't suddenly have a greater chance of being scum simply because Charis flips town, and the other way around. 

Suppose Dahmir is telling the truth.  Charis could also be telling the truth and if we lynch her, we kill a town player.  Then, we decide to lynch me despite the insurmountable evidence to the contrary, and I flip (surprise) town.  So, we then say "well, Dahmir must be scum" so we lynch Dahmir who has been telling the truth the whole time and lynch our third town.  Toss in a couple night kills and you have the Mafia rolling on the floor laughing at our ignorance. 

So how valuable is a maybe-so/maybe-not finder anyway?  What if he is 25% wrong every time?  Improbable but possible.  Just go to vegas and ask the nearest pit boss. 

Then, we factor in the likely hood that Dahmir is a LYING LIAR WHO LIES WITH PANTS ON FIRE!!!

What further has me believe that this is some poorly executed gambit is that he only started in on Charis after Charis disagreed his claim. 

Dahmir, if you claim to be a day finder, then who did you find today on Day 2 and what was your reading?

Also, its time to reveal your character. 

I am not sure lynching Charis is a good idea either at this point. 

A lying liar

getting us all lynched!

I am impressed with your superior WIFOM ability. I could never have made up half of what you have said. You are far more creative than I, good sir. This whole post is all "well, Dah MIGHT be right (even though I'm TOWN) but then again, look at all you could give the mafia by trying to find out! :o"

::)

I know Mynd is gonna ask for me to case him and find quotes of when he was making weak arguments, and if I have to, I will, but I am feeling too lazy at this current point in time to do it without it being needed.

Seriously. WTF?!  You are too lazy to go back and read the facts?  How in perfect health does that make any sense? 

PR Haiaku

koo-koo-achoo, Timbuktu,

Adella lazy!

BITE ME. I never said I wouldn't do it, but I happen to live on my own schedule, rather than yours. Kthx :-*

Anywhoo, these are all the posts from this game day that I had a problem with from Mynd, who has been the only one repeatedly "pinging my scumdar" so far. With Dah's finder viewing on top of all this, I will AGAIN say I am much more comfortable voting for Mynd than Charis to test Dah, but I will go with the majority opinion on this because 75% is gonna be 75% for them both.

Someone remind me to never do that ever again. I feel like I just wasted an hour of my life with trying to prove something in a game of underhanded lying and deceiving!

Archived