DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Canuk's Moments When You Wish You Could Self-Lobotomize

Canukistani

Setting:  Art Gallery where Canuk volunteers behind the front desk.

Me:  Canuk

Her: some random woman in her 50's

Me:  Hello

Her: Hello, do you know a (woman's name)?

Me: no i'm sorry i don't

Her: oh she's an artist.  she lives on the islands and goes from island to island painting trees and rocks.  her husband makes boxes.  so beautiful boxes.  these paintings are very nice.  Like her work, she does good depth.  *woman leans back and holds her arms out stretched infront of her* I like the depth in this one.  you can really feel the depth.  my grandfather went to art schools in france.  he would go to the south of france and come back and paint what he saw there.  he would remember the colors and they would be so wonderful.  he resuced a (indecypherable hebrew sounding word) from poland.  *she looked at me expectantly*

Me: i don't know.  *i was standing with her, arms clasped behind my back*

Her:  they rescued my family from the firebombings.  Oh you know parachutists, parachuters?  one was a big man that had to go to the bathroom.  the bathroom was soo tiny and he was big man.  don't know how he through there.  wonderful artists my family.  that cow painting is so cute.  look at those ravens.  why must they do that?  why must people do that?  we all on this earth together.  we should all get along.  My famly is from france.  some where hugonauts.  some, one he hid with his horse in a barn during waterloo.  they thought he died.  My name is Esha (?) what is yours?

Me: My name is Rosemary

Her: oh, which one is yours?

Me: I'm a photographer.  this one is mine *walk over and point to mine*

Her: oh that is beautiful

Me: thank you

Her: oh these are beautiful *walks over to some pottery*  This looks like glass, so pretty.  Who did this?

Me: I think it is glass.  * bend down to look at the artist initials*  I don't know who the artist is.

Her: These mugs are so wonderful, just love they are all different.  lovely shape to keep the' warm. In france we call tea the'.  Howmuch is the set?

Me: It's not a set, this one is $16

Her: oh so lovely.  i need to go get my mom from zellers.  i don't know if i was supposed to go to london drugs and get something first.  i'll have to call her.  *she finally steps out of the gallery and leaves*

Me: *tries to lobotomize herself with a pen*

Archived