DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

naming help...

Pookie

Well, seeing as how I was informed at my doctor's appointment yesterday that baby #2 will be joining the family sometime next week (*gasp*) it's occurred to me that we should just maybe have a name for the kiddo. :D The last name is set (Lott) so that's taken care of, and the first name was easy (Alexander), but middle names... ugh.

Hubbie's super picky, but some names he hasn't hated were Thomas, Martin, Seth, Nathan, and Trevor. Any of those sound better than any others? Initials have also been a pain to deal with, since A_L can spell a variety of things/common abbreviations, which my family will make merciless fun of. :) Any other suggestions that I can wave temptingly under my hubbie's nose? He's still at that stage where he's lobbying for "Thegreat" or "Grahambell" and I'm leaning towards not waiting until after Alex is born to figure this out. :)

We already tried having our 3.5 year old choose between the five names above. Didn't work so well, since Sam insists that his name is SAM (or Sam Lott) and not Samuel and won't even entertain the concept that he might have a middle name. He told me yesterday "I'm not a sweetheart! I'm Sam!" which had me cracking up every time I thought about it. :lol:

Help? Anyone?

Not Trevor *lol* I'm sorry, you know I love you and appreciate all things Pookie, but you can't have a son with Trevor as a middle name. Trevor is a toad and he belongs to Neville and he always disappears. So yeah.. no Trevor :P

Can I just say that I love the name Alexander, though? Good choice, there! And I'm also a fan of Nathan (actually I'm a fan of the name Nathaniel which can be shortened to Nathan, but that's beside the point), and my brother's name is Martin so I'm not too opposed to that either. I also really like the name James. Umm.. I guess there's no way you'll name your son Sirius, is there? *lol* But yeah.. Nathan and Martin are great names!

ETA: And Noah!

Awww... no toads? But Sam loves frogs! It would be so appropriate. It also has the advantage of being one of the ATL names, fitting since our last big fling pre-pregnancy was in Atlanta. :lol: I could get the same effect with Turbolumberjack though....

Sam's middle name is Jonathan, so I definitely like that one, but don't plan on using it again. ;)

Thomas. Definitely Thomas. It is an awesome name, and he will share a great name with a great person like myself, and countless other members of my family, and other families in this world.

*waves banner for all the Thomas' in the world*

Since I can't choose one I like most...

Go with what Muir suggested, or What Corki, Nia and Tess suggested (and a few others ;))

(*stops and looks at the striking similarity btween his and Nia's avatar* "wow, I seriously didn't try to copy that, it kinda, just, happened...never even payed attention to Nia's avvy...spooky)

I liked Maria's idea with Nathaniel...

Alexander Nathaniel Lott

Although I’ll feel sorry for him when it comes time to learn to write his name.

If you’re not set on Alexander for the first name and you like J names…

James Alexander

Justin Alexander

Joshua Alexander

The J names tend to do better as first names (my first name starts with a J, actually I have appox. 10 relatives with the same first and last initials as me, *shrugs* maybe that's why I’m bias for a “J†first name :wink: )

Good Luck!

i would from my own experience with long name hazle sugest to just maybe drop the midle name if you cant descide...Alexander in itself is a long good and strong name and one of those that really aint to suitable as a double name...the initials would then make AL which could also prolly be used as a short as good as AJ ;)

less to learn to write...less to fill into 1000 forms and to write over and over signing papers after turning adult

I really like the name but had to giggle at James Alexander. We actually know 3 different men named James who all go by their middle names instead of their first name. :)

We're pretty glued in on Alexander for the first name though, since our 3 year old has been calling him Alex for quite a while. If, by some very unlikely chance, we end up with a girl, we'd already decided to make her middle name Alexa since I'm utterly inflexible on a girl's first name (Emily).

Archived