DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

So, what'd you get for Christmas this year?

U4ea

*smiles* This is our January Sign in thread and I thought we could all use a minute to brag about our presents and/or brag about how awesomely creative we were at finding the perfect gift for someone else!

My husband bought me a netbook this year. *grins like a loon* Now I need a bigger purse to carry all geekiness in one place!

I bought him a Citizen watch that will never need batteries.

He bought us Rock Band II. *grins* I'm mean on the drums, I tell ya!

I bought my mother fairy doors and other little things to start her fairy garden this spring.

I bought my Dad tickets to see Celtic Woman in February.

Peanut really racked up this year. She got a 3-in-1 play set that has a bassinet, high chair and stroller for her beloved baby, a Cozy Coupe that is her favorite thing in the den (she gets in and out of the car ALL DAY!), a motorized 4-wheeler with Tinkerbell all over it, a table and chairs, sheets and a comforter for her TWIN BED (my baby is getting so big! *sobs*), lots of stuffed animals and Legos, too!

So, c’mon! I wanna know… what was the most awesome gifts you got/gave/saw this year?

Ooo, a netbook? Awesome!

And Celtic Woman, awesome x10! ;)  I got to see them in concert a couple years ago, they are great!

I didn't really give any gifts; I was going to give my BF something but he didn't think it was a good idea to do that for our first Christmas, when we haven't met in person yet.  I didn't think it was a bad thing to give gifts, but at the same time I understand where he's coming from too.  So it's going to be a birthday present instead, because we should have already spent some time together by then. :P

My sister bought me one of the CD's of the GLEE soundtrack, which I was super-excited about (and also really glad I hadn't purchased on iTunes yet, because that would've ended up a waste of money!).  She also got me a bag of Gardetto's, which is a hilarious inside joke between us from Christmas a few years ago. :D

My parents got me wireless headphones, which I'm so glad for, even if the ones they ended up getting me aren't as good as the ones they tried to get but couldn't find (and the store ended up discontinuing that product, too, just my luck ::)).  I am a hopeless klutz and have gotten so worked up over getting my headphones pulled off of my ears by the cord because it got caught on stuff, because it happens all the time. :D

My grandparents got me a $50 gift card to Borders. ;D YAY!!!!

My family got a Wii and a puppy for Christmas.  Jack Russell Terrier.  I don't like him, but everyone else does, so I guess I can't really complain. :P

My school bought me a laptop this year and I got a new mattress. Its been 10 years since we got one so it was needed, badly.

Tony got all sorts of clothes, which was also badly needed. The girls got him Homer Simpson boxer shorts. Made everyone laugh. He also got lots of cooking stuff. My MIL got him a heavy duty mixer. Not sure what we will use it for but we have one now. He was also given a replacement blanket that he lost years ago. Its a smurf blanket that he has had since he was a kid and means a lot to him. My MIL was also able to find a doll that his grandmother gave to him. He was very close to his grandmother and this doll means a lot to him. There was a lot of crying going on while we were at her house.

Jackie and Vic got lots of play (and real) cooking stuff. Makeup for both of them. Clothes and shoes. Several dolls and stuffed animals. I found these bouncy things. One is a donkey and one is a cow. The girls can sit on them and bounce around the house. Its kinda driving me crazy now.  :D They both got Leap Frog computers and more than a few books.

I think that is about it. I am sure I am missing something.

OH, I totally forgot, something that means a whole lot to me, that I got as a slightly early Christmas gift....  A friend of mine from here on DM gave a good sum of money to me, to go toward being able to travel to meet/visit my BF.  I was utterly shocked to receive such a gift, but am sososososo grateful to this person. :)  I have met few people nicer than this friend. ;)

I bought a wireless router for hubby and I (we typically don’t do gifts for each other; last time was 2 years ago when he bought me an anniversary band).  Hubby got Home Depot and Lowe’s gift cards and some AU scrubs.  My parents bought us some lamps and a roaster.  I got some slippers and a gorgeous shower curtain (for the guest bath), some towels and a gift cert for a haircut/style with my long-time stylist.  I also got a numbered Trail of Painted Ponies figurine.  The boys racked up.  Logan got a gift cert (from hubby and I) for a new Rock Band II drum set and my sister gave him a 3-cymbal set for Rock Band II drum set.  (BTW, the drum set he got with Rock Band II for his birthday last year broke within 10 months - the yellow drum stopped working.  I’m still waiting to hear back from Toys-R-Us when they’re available.  This time I’m buying them from some place that offers the 15-month full replacement warranty - it’s only about $3.50 through Toys-R-Us.)  He got some other video games and an Auburn jersey and Harry Potter Clue (board game).  Joshua got several video games, Sorry Sliders (board game), Auburn jersey, a gift cert (from hubby and I) for winter horse camp (day camp last week, riding 2x daily, learning all sorts of stuff), and some Bakugan stuff.  Both boys got inexpensive digital cameras and each received a GI Joe walkie-talkie headset with camcorder.

We kept it rather low-key this year amongst the adults and even kept the spending down somewhat from last year (except for Joshua's horse camp - that was the priciest item).

We also received an older decorative Oriental plate from an elderly lady we help out (we help her pay bills sometimes, hubby has fixed stuff in her house, and we check up on her regularly - ended up calling an ambulance for her Christmas Day which probably saved her life).  She also gave me a ring which I still don't feel right about her gifting to me because it's just too much.  :-\  She wouldn't take no for an answer though.  I don't understand why I feel guilty about accepting this gift from her?  :-\  Maybe it's because she could have sold the ring and used it for bills (electric, gas, etc.) and it probably would have lasted her several months.  We help her because we know she needs it and not because we want or expect anything from her.  Gifts like the plate or an odd knick-knack don't bother me so much but this ring really threw me for a loop.  :P  I still can't bring myself to wear it . . .

I had 2 favourite presents... one from my parents as they took me to see the Red Hot Chili Pipers in concert and it was rockin' ... and one from Owen as he got me a SG1 DVD boxed set to add to my collection.

Mysty got me the first 3 Kushiel books which was really sweet of her and I also got a new headphones/mic for the computer and the usual bath stuff/jewellery/choccies.

My 3 front teeth ;D <--Seez'em? Now I don't smile all  :D Anymore :P

And A pair of 8) so I can  :o when the sun is out instead of ;) -ing all the time which makes my eye :'( .  :-*

I also got  ??? when I was told to  :-X ... my mouth doesn't do that with 3 front teeth. :-\ See? I can only do half of it.  :-[ *sighs* ::)

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's rather late, but I'll go.

I won't list all my presents, but I will say my favorite one.

This year, I live off-campus and needed a way to get on campus.  To take the bus, I would have to walk far (which meant waking up earlier) and then wait for it, which would take forever.  I didn't want to drive because of gas money and parking costs a lot of money.  So I decided to bike; it takes about 4-5 minutes to bike on campus and about 8-9 to bike back (hilly).  The problem is, with winter coming up, I needed some cold weather gear.  I had a jacket, scarf, and beanie, so all I needed was to keep my hands warm. 

For Christmas I got these AWESOME hobo gloves, the kind that cut off halfway up the finger and have mittens attached.  They are SO warm!  Thick, woolen gloves that keep my hands beautifully warm in the cold morning wind.  They are gray with a black stripe in the middle.

And that was my favorite Christmas Present.

I gave my wife DDR for the Wii, and my sister got us Wii Sports Resort (awesome game!). My wife started a scrapbook for me and will finish it now that she can work on it even when I am home.

I also got The Eye of the World (HB) and my wife got a fake candle-- we are not allowed to burn them here, and this one is made of wax and flickers. Awesome.

Other than that, pretty much stocking stuffers and cash. Good Christmas. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we had to keep a reign on ourselves this year, but the kids still got all they wanted.  Tammy and I didn't exchange this year, but she did get a new dining room set, and I got a giftcard to Target(Which Tammy was expressly forbidden to touch...lol) from my MiL.  I used it to get Band Hero for the Wii.  Since then we see a lot of SiL and her Hubby as they come over and we all play together. 

Archived