DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

My top movies of 2009 (so far)

Emperor

We still have a month left in the year... but I like to rank em early and then come back and change em when I see new ones.... and oh will this list change.

1. Up In The Air

2. Star Trek

3. Zombieland

4. District 9

5. Taken

6. Watchmen

7. I Love you, Man

8. The Hangover

Movies that could make the list but haven't seen yet...

Where the Wild Things Are, Up, Inglourious Basterds, The Road, The Lovely Bones, The Hurt Locker, A Serious Man, Public Enemies, Precious, Nine, Avatar (I doubt it) and A single Man,

Ouch, I have been really bad at watching new movies this year, only seen three of the ones Empy listed, including the ones he wants to see. Star Trek, Watchmen and Inglorious Basterds.

Left to see of his mentions, that I really want to see, are Up and Nine. But I am mostly looking forward to White Ribbon. Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, Broken Embraces, Antichrist, Un prophète and Samson and Delilah also looks promising.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok... saw two more this past week... so need to update my list...

1. Up In The Air

2. Star Trek

3. Zombieland

4. District 9

5. Taken

6. Watchmen

7. I Love you, Man

8. The Hangover

9. Avatar(I bet this falls)

10. Invictus

Where the Wild Things Are, Up, Inglourious Basterds, The Road, The Lovely Bones, The Hurt Locker, A Serious Man, Public Enemies, Precious, Nine, 500 Days of Summer, A Serious Man, Bronson, Moon and Fantastic Mr Fox.

1. Star Trek

2. District 9

3. Up

4. Taken

5. Inglorious Basterds

6. Public Enemies

7. I Love You, Man

8. Where the Wild Things Are

Haven't seen:

Up in the Are, Zombieland, Watchmen, The Hangover, Avatar, Invictus, The Road, The Lovely Bones, The Hurt Locker, A Serious Man, Precious, Nine, 500 Days of Summer, Moon, and Fantastic Mr. Fox

I saw Pait's list and reminded me of another movie I saw...

1. Up In The Air

2. Star Trek

3. Zombieland

4. District 9

5. Adventureland

6. Taken

7. Watchmen

8. Inglourious Basterds

9. I Love you, Man

10. The Hangover

Dropping off:  Avatar, Invictus

Where the Wild Things Are, Up, The Road, The Lovely Bones, The Hurt Locker, A Serious Man, Public Enemies, Precious, Nine, 500 Days of Summer, A Serious Man, Bronson, Moon and Fantastic Mr Fox.

Empy, I think you should throw in The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus on your list of movies to see that could make your list. Terry Gilliams is one of our times most interesting moviemakers after all.

And now that I have seen it, I would say it is one of his better movies. Not as brilliant as Brazil, but still a great movie. Just the opportunity to see Tom Waits play the Devil makes it worth seeing ;D.

Also, just saw White Ribbon, and it is every bit as great as I was hoping for. And in its own way one of the scariest movies I have seen the last decade or so.

Star Trek better than District 9? Really? Star Trek was fun, but lightweight. I'd rank the (only) three movies I saw this year in this order:

1. District 9

2. Zombieland

3. Star Trek

My 2 - 4 could easily be jumbled depending on my mood.  I will rewatch Star Trek and think on it.  I think I plan to see Precious this weekend and I hope that makes the list.

1. 500 Days of Summer

2. Up In The Air

3. Star Trek

4. Zombieland

5. District 9

6. Adventureland

7. Taken

8. Watchmen

9. Inglourious Basterds

10. I Love you, Man

Dropping off:  Avatar, Invictus, The Hangover

Where the Wild Things Are, Up, The Road, The Lovely Bones, The Hurt Locker, A Serious Man, Public Enemies, Precious, Nine, A Serious Man, Bronson, Moon and Fantastic Mr Fox.

Sunshine Cleaning was great, but I was a little surprised at the direction the conflicts turned in. I was expecting problems from the competing cleaning service that Sunshine Cleaning kept underbidding.

I guess that's what I get for reading The Mystic Arts Of Erasing All Signs of Death just before watching it.

Ok watched Precious and Public Enemies over the weekend.

Precious was... gritty... real... but it failed to deliver that knock out punch.  Monique is a shue in for Oscar nomination, if not a win.  I am not sure what the hype is about Mariah Carey.  She is in about 10 minutes of the movie.  Maybe it was because she was not drunk...

Public Enemies was nothing special.  It wasn't bad nor was it awesome.

The Road - I am still chewing this one over in my head.  Very dark movie but this is good because the book was dark.  Viggo was excellent.  The boy was annoying.  Overall I liked the movie.. but unsure if it deserve a top 10 spot.

1. 500 Days of Summer

2. Up In The Air

3. District 9

4. Star Trek

5. Zombieland

6. Adventureland

7. Taken

8. Sunshine Cleaning

9. Inglourious Basterds

10. Precious

Just out of Top 10:  I Love you, Man, Avatar, Invictus, The Hangover, The Road, Watchmen, Away We Go

Moon, Sherlock Holmes, Where the Wild Things Are, Up, The Lovely Bones, The Hurt Locker, A Serious Man, Nine, A Serious Man, Bronson, Moon and Fantastic Mr Fox

I have Up at home and expect to get The Hurt Locker this week.

My top 10

1. The Princess and the Frog

2. TBD

3. 500 Days of Summer

4. Sherlock Holmes

5. Star Trek

6. The Hangover

7. Taken

8. Grace

9. Moon

10.Avatar

Movies that came close: Coraline, I Love You, Man, The Young Victoria, Away We Go, Up, The Soloist

Movies I'm going to see soon: The Men Who Stare At Goats, Nine, The Lovely Bones,  

Star Trek on two places?

I only saw one movie 2009. 2012.   It was... OK, I guess.  :-\

Wait... you only went to one movie and you chose to go to 2012?  Do you need a hug?  2012 is not even on my netflix list with the losers like Obsessed and...errr... Transformers 2.  That is like saying the only movie I saw this year was Alvin and the Chipmunks the Squeakel. 

Archived