DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Calichniye

Al Jenn Mael

Well I have stopped by the forums sporadically for the past decade ever since I started the wheel of time. It was thanks to google for I had several questions, some that were answered like meanings of the old tongue. I finally registered to talk about Brian Sanderson and because some people, like Luckers, have brought up some possible plot lines that I find interesting. So I'll be in the TGS forum, see you all there.

O' and I'm a 22 year old USAF Bomb Technician in Afghanistan and will be majoring in Biomedical applications in about a year. I'm glad Sanderson switched his major from biochemistry but it is totally awesome.

Brian Sanderson

Who?

O' and I'm a 22 year old USAF Bomb Technician in Afghanistan and will be majoring in Biomedical applications in about a year. I'm glad Sanderson switched his major from biochemistry but it is totally awesome.

Pretty crazy job. Good luck bro, and welcome to DM.

Brian Sanderson

Who?

Thank you. I had heard he was some type of creative writing teacher who... Hmm, I must have dreamed up something called The Gathering Storm, I'll be sure to try and post it here because it was an awesome dream ;p

Hee, I think he was making reference to his actual name being Brandon Sanderson. Anyway, welcome to Dragonmount, please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have. There are a lot of us, and we aren't going anywhere!

O.o Well, you know I just have to keep all of you on your toes. Can't have you Maidens becoming like wetlanders now can we? Thank you for pointing that out, I'll make sure to proof read my statements a little closer next time.

On a completely unrelated note WHATS THAT BEHIND YOU   

*Exits via gateway*

*dodges the incoming fireball*

Welcome to DM!

I see the madness of the Dark Side is corrupting this board...just join the Light to repel it! ;) But whatever you do at DM, have fun! :)

And don't hesitate to ask questions if you get lost and/or confused.

O' goodness, I can see that strife and chaos has spread all across the Forums from the DO's touch. Good and Evil are battling everywhere! I must say my interest is piqued since I love adventures and I did hear something around here about kittens?

I do have a question, who is Claire? Also does anyone know how to keep from being pancaked from a very high fall? The two questions may or mayn't be related.

welcome, but forget the light...evil is more fun...well unless you are killed and reborn traped under another chosen's command...but who cares...we must conquer the world at all cost... ;)

Lii

Congress of the Shadow

Guess I'll head over to the Black Tower, I heard something about cookies and I like cookies. I wonder if shadow cookies taste better than light cookies. Though light cookies seem like they would be better for your health. Neither one seems to have much substance, well I'll think about it on my walk over...

Seems like Lii is a congressmen, don't remember seeing you on the ballot. Did I vote for you? Or did you vote for me? Either way I demand a recount do to hanging chads, very deceptive those things. You could learn a thing or two I am thinking. Actually I renounce my demands of a recount, democracy is silly a monarchy works much more efficiently. So I think I'll have to rally a protest, well see you in a few days ;p

>.< You seem to have more acronyms than the military does :(.

Well I have poked around and lurked a little bit and now have a question or two.

I read the Black Towers History, what is the current state of affairs in the 'RP' world and how much has it deviated from whats in the books? (Civil Wars, Leaders, local hardships, and major events)

Do the various organizations commonly intermingle? Do characters from one group post or act in concert with characters from a second group?

Are any of the characters in WoT in the RP world: political leaders, forsaken, military leaders, etc.?

How do character time lines match up? If I begin a character now will it be hard to develop them comparable to someone who has been on the boards for a year?

[Edit]

Also does RP world mimic WoTs singular religious style? Are there groups that pray instead to spirits or a pantheon?

I don't know that the RP threads get that much activity, though I'm no expert on the subject. You should check them out if you want.

Ummmm. No?

. . .

First off, welcome, Al Jenn!  Secondly, we have a VERY active RP component (a couple hundred members) to Dragonmount, called the Divisions.  Many of the groups you find in the books (White Tower, Band of the Red Hand, etc) are represented in these Divisions by people who roleplay as them.  You can find their boards near the bottom of the main DM forum listing page.

The rules of getting started vary from Division to Division, but usually there is one one common factor: writing a bio.  You will need a biography for your character before getting started.

Here are some helpful threads to get you started from our RP Discussion Board:

How do I begin Roleplaying? 

What is the Dragon Reborn PSW? What are Divisions?

I read the Black Towers History, what is the current state of affairs in the 'RP' world and how much has it deviated from whats in the books? (Civil Wars, Leaders, local hardships, and major events)

I'll leave that for someone who knows more about the Black Tower, such as Arath or Covai.

Do the various organizations commonly intermingle? Do characters from one group post or act in concert with characters from a second group?

All the time. And over in the RP they are called Divisions, not Organizations. The Organizations are the social clubs that have nothing to do with the roleplay, and on the forum are located above the Roleplay section (with the exception of the Revolution One board).

Are any of the characters in WoT in the RP world: political leaders, forsaken, military leaders, etc.?

Sorta, yes. The Forsaken are all the same, but the main characters fall in under different names. Mat is Caldar for example. None of these characters are regularly played by members of the RP, and tend to only come in when it is plot important for moving the RP forward. For example, the Band of the Red Hand Division are going to Tanchico to rescue Mat Cauthon as he steals away the Daughter of the 9 Moons right now, so Mat and Tuon (Caldar and Ruan) are being played by a couple of people for the purpose of the plot, but will fade into the back again later.

Your character will be one of many in the world, and won't be one of the big main characters. They can become very prestigous people in the world though, but won't replace any of the core people from RJ's WoT.

How do character time lines match up? If I begin a character now will it be hard to develop them comparable to someone who has been on the boards for a year?

If you start a character now they'll be set in the events of now. I believe in certain cases things can be Retro'd, such as if you make an Aes Sedai who is supposed to be hundreds of years old (though, you best check with the White Tower Division on that first, they may say differently than me, and they are the authority on Aes Sedai).

Generally though, a character you make now won't be any harder to develop than one created back in 2005. It'll just happen later in the timeline than that 2005 character would have.

Also does RP world mimic WoTs singular religious style? Are there groups that pray instead to spirits or a pantheon?

It is a Portal Stone World of RJ's WoT. So major things like religion will be much the same.

Hope that answers your questions for you for the most part.

Thank you Barmacral, I've been jumping around the RP boards and they are... extensive. I have a strong general idea of how things are now and am in the process of creating a character. Still not sure if my first character will be a trial run I'll kill off or the one I'll cherish. Again thank you for responding, have a great day ;D

Archived