DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

In All Fantasy - Which Characters Are The Deadliest With Their Trademark Weapon?

The Fisher King

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fat eunuch from SOIAF. with his dagger (arahka sp?)

Beowulf with just about anything. I feel like he could beat Lan using spatula if he had to.

-Rin

You mean Fat Belwas, he uses an Arakh and from my understanding its not a dagger but more of a curved shortsword.

The fat eunuch from SOIAF. with his dagger (arahka sp?)

Beowulf with just about anything. I feel like he could beat Lan using spatula if he had to.

-Rin

You mean Fat Belwas, he uses an Arakh and from my understanding its not a dagger but more of a curved shortsword.

Thanks. Any guy who openly moons his opponent during battle, is a bad ass. That doesn't even take into account his scars.

I don't like the image of being mooned by a fat guy with scars, personally :P

Of course completely out of the genre, but Darth Vader pre-black suit was pretty bad-ass with a lightsaber.

Oh you are so right!! Jedi characters with lightsabers. basically all of them are completely awesome with them.

Lan seems to be by far the best swordsman we have seen in the Wheel of time excluding mentions of off screen historical characters. And Bridget is certainly good with her bow.

Think what you want about the series but as someone mentioned earlier, Richard Rahl from the sword of truth series is quite impressive.

Syrio Forel the old man who Ned hires to teach Arya fencing in ASOIAF seemed pretty good even though he was a minor character, he was shown on screen taking on guards and one of the knights of the kings guard with a wooden practice sword, if I remember right he even killed at least one before he was presumably killed, though in that series it almost seems like a character is never dead unless you watch them get dismembered on screen.

Tomas in the Riftwar books is also quite the badass.

Oh and of course, the dread pirate roberts, Honorable mention for Inigo Montoya ;).

Not in particular, last time i re-read them was around 6-7 years ago, was it in the later serpant war books or when they went out looking for macros the black in the last riftwar book? Either way I remember Tomas being more or less an unstoppable killing machine, didn't he fight with a god at one point?

I think it was in Darkness at Sethanon, whichever book it was in it was when Pug and Tomas were searching for Macros I think, in some wierd otherworld type place. They encounter a Dreadlord, which grabs hold of Tomas's shield and yanks his arm clean out. Tomas falls; almost unconscious, he asks where Macros is and the Dreadlord tells him. Then Tomas smiles, starts chuckling, starts laughing his head off as his arm reforms, with the shield attached as before. He fooled the Dreadlord with an illusion.

That moment when Tomas's near-dead chuckling became maniacal laughter has stuck with me ever since. Love it

I think it was in Darkness at Sethanon, whichever book it was in it was when Pug and Tomas were searching for Macros I think, in some wierd otherworld type place. They encounter a Dreadlord, which grabs hold of Tomas's shield and yanks his arm clean out. Tomas falls; almost unconscious, he asks where Macros is and the Dreadlord tells him. Then Tomas smiles, starts chuckling, starts laughing his head off as his arm reforms, with the shield attached as before. He fooled the Dreadlord with an illusion.

That moment when Tomas's near-dead chuckling became maniacal laughter has stuck with me ever since. Love it

I remember that scene - it was awesome.  Actually, I'd add Pug into the mix with his magic as a weapon.

I'm going to have to look it up when I get back from school in a few days but I thought his arm like few back and reattached it self, as opposed to being an illusion. For some reason I'm remembering something about the mail on his arm re-meshing with the mail at his shoulder or something as it happens.

Posted this earlier today some dang where but thought it needed to be shared here. Probably not though.. it's what I get for thinkin'.  ;)

I have to laugh my arse off every time some WoT fan bugger ask's who'd win Rand or Gawyn or "Glambert" (Galad).. Neither lordling would have a snowballs chance against a Plasma Cutter. What a couple o'Goobs those two little princes are.

To me the funniest potential scene in the entire 14 books of WoT would one or both of em' accosting Rand, twirlin' their little Heron Marked Blades and walkin' all Cat Craps In The Sandbox and Rand rolls his eyes and drops a nearby "muck wagon" on em, Clydesdale attached.

You want "Billy Bad Arse" with his chosen weapon and it's potential for death and destruction? It's young Randall Thor with his .44 Magnum Balefire Peacemaker. Yippie Ki Yay *(&^#$$£¢*#$

I am gonna do a top dog with weapons list but categorically.  You guys are gonna kill me for this list because it breaks the rules on some of the answers but Manga and the Anime that springs forth from them are my second fantasy category and I love it just as much as when I read actual fantasy novels.  And hey the are based in fiction/fantasy/scifi.  Oh well tear me apart if you wish

1. Sword-(any kind) Hitokiri Battousai AKA Kenshin Himura (Reverse Blade Sword) {Manga- Rurouni Kenshin}

2. Gun - (any kind) The Humanoid Typhoon AKA Vash The Stampede (custom six shooter) (Manga - Trigun}

3. Staff weapon - (any kind) Matrim Cauthon (Ashendarei) - duh...The Wheel of Time Series

4. Axe - Loial (ogier axe) Wheel of Time Series...no not Perrin...lol

5. Hammer - Perrin (blacksmith hammer) Wheel of Time Series

6. Bow - Legolas (bow) The Lord of the Rings Trilogy

Archived