DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

In All Fantasy - Which Characters Are The Deadliest With Their Trademark Weapon?

The Fisher King

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm.. That one Warder Gawyn sparred with in Dorlan was supposed to be good and took 2 rounds from Lan out of like 8 or ten.. And he couldn't even best Gawyn once while fighting with another very competant Warder at his side.  Wouldn't that make Gawyn better than Lan?

If so, I'd say him.  But that depends on if Mat can still best him.  I seem to remember Mat not having the easiest time with Couladin, so he's not invincible with his ashandarei.

Lan lost some of my personal person-to-character-in-a-book admiration when he took a slice from Toram Riatin. :\  Not that I don't think he's up there in the best swordsmans in the WoT universe, I just think that Rand and Gawyn surpassed him.  Or maybe, before(to avoid spoilers)"the incident," Rand had matched him.

I was thinking similarly on Gawyn being the best but Decided Kenshin would destroy him with his Hiten Mitzarugi Style Battou Jutsu and the best part is Gawyn would live to know the shame since Kenshin uses the Reverse Blade Sword.  for some reason I have always loved his draw technique.  I got carried away on that, all I really wanted to say is that I think Mat could still beat Gawyn, and remember it wasn't just Gawyn he beat, he beat Galad along side him and both are now blademasters.  I don't know if I would say he could beat both at the same time again, but one on one I do believe he could dispatch either one of them still.  He too has grown and gotten better with the memories he now has, which he did not have when he beat  the pair of them while still in pain and weakened from the healing separation from the dagger.  So full strength at this point in time on level ground  Mat would demolish everyone in Randland one on one and many of them two or three on one.  

The 3 ta'varen styles of fighting are so different though.  I would say Perrin would be the easiest for great fighters to match up against,  but the hardest to kill in terms of tenacity and will.  He doesn't have a learned form like Mat and Rand but when he goes into wolf fight mode he will be unlike anyone anybody has ever fought but he is pretty much purely offensive.  Mat has that defensive parry then strike style that will keep him unharmed the longest in a fight and best against multiple enemies and Rand has the mix of offense and defense being a blade master.  I still say if fought w/o Saidin aid for Rand, Mat would win out of the three and Rand is second and Perrin a not to shabby 3rd especially since I think he is best suited for taking down Shadowspawn with his style.  The other two are good against them but I think more suited to hand to hand with other human foes.  Thats my little rant. Done.

• 1 month later...

Archived