DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

So...

Nynaeve

*Hits TMD in the face with a frying pan!*

Hmm....

*looks down at TMD on the floor*

You know dude, your greatness is severely diminished when you can't even handle taking a cast-iron frying pan to the face!

Show some spine, man! We are the damned Shadow!

The Shadow is not about unity. It is about strength through suffering.

The Lighties are the ones who want unity. That and they want to frolic in flower filled meadows like the sissies they are.

I think you actually have to be very secure in your bad-assness to be able to frolic in flower-filled meadows without caring what other people think.

I'd like to see YOU frolic in a flower-filled meadow.

That's right.  Bet you CAN'T do it.

I think you actually have to be very secure in your bad-assness to be able to frolic in flower-filled meadows without caring what other people think.

I'd like to see YOU frolic in a flower-filled meadow.

That's right.  Bet you CAN'T do it.

Actually, it means you lack self-respect somewhat. A lack of dignity in the eyes of society  ;D

So you're saying that in order to be "cool," or show self-respect or whatever, you have to be a slave to the whims of society and its standards?

Seems to me that all that caring what other people think would take a lot of time and energy away from things that are more important.

And yet it's wrong to celebrate your individuality if that means playing in a flower-filled meadow with butterflies and trees all around, because you enjoy nature?

"Following the crowd" is not a good thing, I agree.  And yet it seems that there are still limits on just how individual one can be.  We're told, "do your own thing, except this and this and this and this and this and this and this...."  And in the end, that's conforming, which is a sheeplike thing to do in many cases.

Archived