DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Off Screen Fun (Full Book Spoilers)

Luckers

Wouldn't it be nice if they all went back to the Queen's Blessing to have a pow wow like they did way back in the first book.

I would really like it if Rand went and swept Egwene away from the WT  and they went back to Emond's Field for a day--at least for the Bel Tine that they missed from the Trolloc attck in EotW (it's around this time in the books, no?). Both of them need a break, and I think it'd be a good opportunity for them to remember that they're friends and realize that they can start working together. It gets so annoying seeing them--especially egwene--prodding each other every time they get even the most remote interaction.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could someone point out to me where it says the Rebel AS delegation went specifically to see Taim? Narishma came from Rand, why would they just go merrily off to Taim's BT? Seems to me they'd interpret/refer to, any herd of Ashaman as "BT". So Logain's group would do just as well as any and they had Narishma to show the flamin way..

It seems entirely possible it's only the Pavara Group who've stepped in a midden heap o'trouble.

We know the rebel AS went to the BT. It's said several times in Egwene's PoVs (but I don't recall where). Even if it didn't say specifically "they went to the actual Black Tower, not just to members of the Black Tower," we know that they've been missing for a mysteriously long time, which makes it obvious they went to Taim.

Not obvious at all. No more obvious than they're with Logain, who never showed up in TGS either, for all intents and purposes. And what mysteriously long time? This whole book is only just a matter of weeks, hell they could all be in AS/Warder boot camp .. for all love.  And "boot camp" has been done before. With Rand, in that other backwoods lodge in Haddon Mirk or wherever it was.

why do bloody people constantly make mountains outta mole hills when discussing this bloody story...

I really like the speculation that Rand, Mat, and Perrin, and maybe even Egwene ALL meeting up in Caemlyn (or the Two Rivers).  Rand to learn about his children, Mat to get the dragons and other preparations taken care of, Perrin to reunite Elayne with Morgase and report back to Rand (and be forgiven that Masema is dead, rather than lash out in frustration at Perrin), and maybe Egwene to update Elayne on the happenings in person, re-assign Nynaeve and Elayne to certain tasks.

It would not only be a really cool meeting with all the characters, but it would be a very important, and even necessary regrouping of the forces of the Light.  Actual communication could take place between all of the good guys.

To be honest, this would be great, but I wonder if it will ever really happen.  I wonder if the final reunion of all of the main important characters (Nynaeve and Lan and Moiraine and all them included) will not really happen until the very end, during Rand's funeral...

While this all sounds really cool, it also sounds a bit like fanfic.  If it's meant to happen in RJ's notes, it will.  If not, it would be something a fan would do, but it won't help the story as RJ wants it, so it won't happen.

Could someone point out to me where it says the Rebel AS delegation went specifically to see Taim? Narishma came from Rand, why would they just go merrily off to Taim's BT? Seems to me they'd interpret/refer to, any herd of Ashaman as "BT". So Logain's group would do just as well as any and they had Narishma to show the flamin way..

It seems entirely possible it's only the Pavara Group who've stepped in a midden heap o'trouble.

We know the rebel AS went to the BT. It's said several times in Egwene's PoVs (but I don't recall where). Even if it didn't say specifically "they went to the actual Black Tower, not just to members of the Black Tower," we know that they've been missing for a mysteriously long time, which makes it obvious they went to Taim.

Not obvious at all. No more obvious than they're with Logain, who never showed up in TGS either, for all intents and purposes. And what mysteriously long time? This whole book is only just a matter of weeks, hell they could all be in AS/Warder boot camp .. for all love.  And "boot camp" has been done before. With Rand, in that other backwoods lodge in Haddon Mirk or wherever it was.

why do bloody people constantly make mountains outta mole hills when discussing this bloody story...

NO, It has been two months. Quite a lot of time for people knowing traveling. 

People have raised alot of good points.  The DO did marshall the Forsaken to try to stop sadin from being cleansed, they really were not all that hot on the idea, and I'm sure the male Forsaken, when doing the logical calculus saw the benefits of no longer needing the DO to filter the taint for them.  I do recall that during the Shadar Logoth fight, they were more terrified of being near that much of the Power being wielded because they were worried about the potential consequence, the fight was small potatoes compared to that.  Still, if he did channeled the power he drew or not, all of the male channeleres in the world would have felt him drawing it.  It is arguable that the cleansing of the source, Rand's existential freakout, and LTT's mountain creating suicide were the three largest drawings of the One Power in history, two done with the CK, and the other done when LTT drew way past what his internal buffer would handle.  When he did that, he created the biggest mountain on the planet, and that was probably the 3rd ranked in terms of power in the set.  I think it is safe to say that all 4 of the women in his brain would have felt the change in state in Rand no matter where in the world they are (with the exception of Avienda, if she had already entered the Ruhidean ter angreal).  Everyone else who could have felt him charge up would not have been 100% sure it was Rand doing it, just that sadin was being drawn en masse.  I'd bet that there were some male channelers that gated to the vicinity to gather intelligence, maybe not the Forsaken, but Taim would have ordered someone to go see what was up from the BT.  I'm hoping for a POV of that, an Ashaman or Moridin a few miles from Dragonmount watching (or feeling, I forget, men do not see a glowing around someone holding sadin like the women do right?  I know that some [or all] men feel tingly when women hold sadair, but not vice versa).  I would bet that some of the pro Rand faction will show up at DM to see whats going on in TOM, or at least we will get to see what they were up to at the time, I mean the last major use of the power was in WH with the cleansing, and then in COT the prologue had several POV's of what other characters were doing when they felt that go down. 

Enough on that.  One of the other Off Screen's I'm hoping to see is the Black Ajah's flight from the Tower.  I can't decide if they would have went North to the Blight to rally the rank and file as Dreadlords, or if they will be going to meet up with the darkfriend portion of the Black Tower, which could be more fun, what with Lan and everyone else to the Gap and the Blightborder, if there was an army of 300 or so evil channelers smack dab in the middle of Randland it sure would shake up the pot. 

Who are the  AS "retired from the world" who Cadsuane has asked to investigate Callandor?

How are they doing it without male channelers?

If they are using male channelers, who are they using? 

What odds that one or more of them is Black? Ditto the male channelers?

What happened with the Choedan Kal when Semi was freed and the domination band handed over to Semi via Elza?

The wards on Caddy 's box were either broken by Shaidar Haran, by Elza, or by some unknown channeler, possibly another forsaken. (The Elza compulsion is a possible hint that some third party was involved. Verin was not afraid of her compulsion being found on delving and she did it months before in TPoD. If it's somebody else's compulsion, it's done by a female since Semi could remove it.)

Elza knows the Choedan Kal, any male forsaken or channeler would recognise it if they didn't know it anyhow. SH almost certainly knows it - he can smell residues of saidin. saidar and tell the difference, as well as do peculiar things like create a local stedding effect, black fire, etc. Yet whoever busted the wards didn't take it - there's no mention of the CK being with Elza or Semi, when they're balefired. Nor did they hide it elsewhere, if only to prevent it being used again by Rand.

Did the Aiel maidens who Rand sent to rouse Caddy just find it and hand it over to the Caracarn?

The next thing we know, he's using it like a personal sidearm.

Suspect these are important details, which will be revealed in due course - possibly with a DF close to Rand  being involved.

Archived