DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rands Twins?

Psycho-Frog

Hi, I am new here but have read the series at least 4 times over from 1-12, and I have a theory about the "Crown of Andor" being the key to winning the last battle, here it is... Would it not be reasonable to assume that Rands Twins are the key to softening of Rands heart enabling him to win at the last battle?

???

The very first thing Elaida had ever Foretold, while still an Accepted - and had known enough even then to keep to herself - was that the Royal line of Andor would be the key to defeating the Dark One in the Last Battle.
From Shadow Rising, Seeds of Shadow (actually from the WOT FAQ ;D).

Rand is who this is about.

Rand does have a Half brother, which i find interesting, i hope theres a interaction between rand and him, since Galad is the only living blood faimly that Rand has, besides Luc but thats safe to say hes not gonna have a hug session with him

Elayne's children won't be born for quite some time as they were conceived in WH.

The royal line of Andor refers specifically to Rand but also note that Galad, Gawyn, and Elayne are all apart of that line (although the last two were not of Tigraine's blood).

...Galad is the only living blood faimly that Rand has, besides Luc...

He may have blood relatives on his fathers side. The only thing said about him was that he had a way about him and was young for a clan chief, but nothing about his family. Maybe the Wise Ones would have said something but since they haven't Rand may have Aiel relatives.

About Rand's relatives, the Taardad clan would be the closest related of the Aiel.

Slight chance that Rand's twins playing a role in Tarmon Gaidon.  The twins were conceived in late winter of year 1000, they would be born in late fall of year 1000.

Tarmon Gaidon would be in summer of year 1000; though I am not entirely certain.

• 7 months later...

I have a theory,  I believe that the twins will be the rebirth of Shivan the Hunter and his sister Calian.  Who's coming is said to herald the end of an Age.  Every time i read that part of CoS where Matt remembers seeing them i think of how fortuitous it is that a set of twin will be born right at the end of an age.

I've long thought that Foretelling should be taken literally. As in the royal line of Andor. A line is a sequence, so my idea would be not just one person--Rand, Elayne, whichever--but all of them Rand, Elayne, Morgase, Gawyn, Galad, Tigraine... hell, even Luc can be said to be an integral part in the fight. Perhaps him fighting on behalf of the Shadow will undo them. He'll make mistakes, or incite people to actions that wouldn't have ocurred otherwise--it'd certainly explain why Gitara sent him.

But yeah--line to my mind=everyone in that line. And indeed every one of them has played some part.

I have a theory,  I believe that the twins will be the rebirth of Shivan the Hunter and his sister Calian.  Who's coming is said to herald the end of an Age.  Every time i read that part of CoS where Matt remembers seeing them i think of how fortuitous it is that a set of twin will be born right at the end of an age.

That particular theory was once presented to RJ, and I THINK he replied with a RAFO with emphasis on the FO part (i.e. we won't be left wondering by the time the series ends). I might be mistaken, though.

BTW I don't really think this is going to happen, but Elayne does frequent tel'aran'rhiod (though she does so less and less nowadays, if Egwene's to be trusted). It's entirely possible that she'll get trapped there somehow (after going there in the flesh) long enough for her babies to be born, and still make it back before TG (theoretically, almost no time at all can pass in Randland while she's there).

I always thought that Elayne's twins would be the Hero siblings. Only thing this would affect would be that they would have 2 fewer heroes to run down the side of their mist mountain when Mat lungs it. Considering (imo) you get your soul when you're conceived, not when you're born. And you can't be in two places at once...

if Egwene's to be trusted).

Haven't you heard? Everything Egwene says, thinks or decides is absolutely true.

Yup, I'm an Egwene hater. TGS only made me add the word 'pompous' to the train of derogatory terms I use when thinking of her character. A planet of potential, lost in a universe of hypocricy. That's our Egwene.

A number of people I take speculated that the twins would be the rebirths of those 2 Heroes.

It is a possibility.

The books have not yet confirmed nor denied it; and as far as I am aware, neither has either author.

Haven't you heard? Everything Egwene says, thinks or decides is absolutely true.

Yup, I'm an Egwene hater. TGS only made me add the word 'pompous' to the train of derogatory terms I use when thinking of her character. A planet of potential, lost in a universe of hypocricy. That's our Egwene.

It amazes me how in a book written to emphasize the differences between Egwene and Rand, people can still find reasons to hate her even more. You can't fault a girl for thinking she knows better than any man. I mean, you could, but really, is there any other kind of women?

It amazes me how in a book written to emphasize the differences between Egwene and Rand, people can still find reasons to hate her even more. You can't fault a girl for thinking she knows better than any man. I mean, you could, but really, is there any other kind of women?

Personally, I find Egwene's character almost as annoying as Cadsuane's. She just has this...i don't know...arrogant kind of attitude and she needs a total psychological reform! As Amyrlin she needs to be forward thinking like the other Supergirls (i.e. Nynaeve & Elayne) not orthodox mentality like the older Aes Sedai. Not to mention the fact that she needs to understand what kind of strain Rand is under and not be so angry at him.  :-\

Seriously? I get people who think she's a hypocrite or obnoxious, but arrogant? I mean, she is arrogant, to a degree that is, but she's hardly the best example for it in the books. Look at Rand's own arrogance, it's even been prophesized (Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time, may learn the truth too late). Think how incredibly arrogant one has to be for that to happen :)

Anyways, thanks. You helped me settle a question I've had for some time now (I was wondering if there are women out there who have the same issues with Egwene as some of the dudes here).

haha yea.

I dont think she is arrogant, at least any more than any AS is. (they all think they konw better than anyone else, especially men.)

I think the reason why people hate her is her being a  hypocrite and almost total disregard for her friends.

(Rand hates himself for doing it, but egwene barely thinks twice)

and yeah, it is not only because she is a strong woman character, shes jsut has real flaws.

Groups such as (hardcore) feminists find it easy to say that anyone stating flaws in a woman only dislikes her because she is a woman, ignoring her actual attitude.

Much the same as say, a member of a certain race says another race dislikes a person, not because of their flaws, but because of their race, which is not true in most cases

edit: So we know now that it is not just because she is a strong woman character, but she is actually annoying in her own way  ;D

I've always thought that Elaida was just crazy and didn't have the Talent to Fortell. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong (and I am frequently) but don't those who have the Fortelling have no recollection of what they fortold unless somebody who heard the Fortelling tells them? Or am I thinking of some other story where this is the case?

I've always thought that Elaida was just crazy and didn't have the Talent to Fortell. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong (and I am frequently) but don't those who have the Fortelling have no recollection of what they fortold unless somebody who heard the Fortelling tells them? Or am I thinking of some other story where this is the case?

There has been others who cannot remember, I seem to recall this aswell, but evidently this does not apply to Elaida, I have no idea why, but there it is.

So we know now that it is not just because she is a strong woman character, but she is actually annoying in her own way  ;D

Well, you know, some people just don't get along, and it's not always anyone's fault. I'll write it down to RJ making these characters believable enough for people to dislike their personality.

Personally, I really like KoD-onwards-Egwene, and I've always liked Elayne, and it frustrates me seeing how many people don't. That is why I sometimes make a point of questioning people who express their dislike of them.

Edit:

I've always thought that Elaida was just crazy and didn't have the Talent to Fortell.

[...]

There has been others who cannot remember, I seem to recall this aswell, but evidently this does not apply to Elaida, I have no idea why, but there it is.

Here's my take:

Skeeve, we've seen an Elaida PoV, and she truly believes in her Foretellings. You may argue that she's deranged, but she's not attempting fraud.

And I don't see why we're to assume that her Foretellings aren't true. She identified Rand on sight (she kept a part of that Foretelling to herself, you'll remember, which is the reason Morgase took it the way she did), she knew that the Andoran royal line will be crucial at TG, it all seems to fit.

Personally I dont "hate" any character really, doing so would be stupid, they are not real people.

The characters can get frustrating, and I sometimes do dislike their actions, but in general, they all have good and bad sides to them.

Egwene, I am with you, i do like her character alot more, KoD-tGS, although as with all the characters, she still has a way to go.

I always liked Elayne aswell, when i first came to the boards, i was suprised that so many didnt like her aswell.

She messed up some stuff, and shes arrogant, yeah, but overall she is good.

I also like Cadsuane, I think shes a great character, apart from messing up with Rand (although she has done better than anyone bar Moiraine, who cannot be topped) She, unlike most AS, can admit she is wrong, and she has some pretty solid views on the world, so i dont see why people dont like her.

Faile, I cannot stand though, not hate her, but just an annoying fly buzzing around my head, she sticks her nose (a considerable one) in  everything, when she is not important to anyone but Perrin.

Skeeve, we've seen an Elaida PoV, and she truly believes in her Foretellings. You may argue that she's deranged, but she's not attempting fraud.

I agree with this but thought not recalling the Fortellings was a rule of the Talent? Is this the case or is it more hit or miss as Barid Bel Medar suggested.

Archived