DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A quick-talk about Logain Ablar

magnutz

Logain is grumpy but that doesn't make him a Darkfriend. I'd be grumpy too if I had to deal with Rand ignoring Taim and letting him train an army of dreadlords under my nose.

Logain helps Rand some, but that doesn't make him a Lightfriend either.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's most certainly not a forsaken and he is concerned about Taim training darkfriend channelers. He then takes the info to the Dragon Reborn. Certainly leads me to believe he's not a bad guy. But of course, he could be a bad guy. So could Lan.

Lan is a bad boy! I bet he holds a firm grip on Nyneave's braid at times... (grins) ;D

Logain is a small favorite of mine and I'd hate it if he turns out to be a bad guy. :)

He's most certainly not a forsaken and he is concerned about Taim training darkfriend channelers. He then takes the info to the Dragon Reborn. Certainly leads me to believe he's not a bad guy. But of course, he could be a bad guy. So could Lan.

I really wish I could continue discussing this, but I am going to wait until this board is open to TGS spoilers.

I really wish I could continue discussing this, but I am going to wait until this board is open to TGS spoilers.

Ooohhh, walkin the line !

Are you hinting that this is in TGS ?

:-X

You've spoiled me damn you!!  :P

Logain and Taim are both anomalies.  And, both very similar.

Each has channeled for years.  Each has devised many weaves entirely on-their-own so far as we've been told.  Both are arrogant.  Neither has gone mad.

The only apparent difference between them is that Taim is more patently offensive.

Based on the bare facts, and setting aside personal like/dislike, I'd guess that either is as likely as the other to be Dark.

I don't see Logain as being evil, but I  do belive he has his own agenda, which may or may not coincide with Rands.  I would be a little suprised if he does turn out to be a darkfriend.

As for him  and Taim not being mad, maybe their more subtley mad than whats generally expected.

Each has channeled for years.  Each has devised many weaves entirely on-their-own so far as we've been told.  Both are arrogant.  Neither has gone mad.

The only apparent difference between them is that Taim is more patently offensive.

Based on the bare facts, and setting aside personal like/dislike, I'd guess that either is as likely as the other to be Dark.

Excepting the whole Taim is Evil and Creepy, while Logain is one Bad Mutha-shut-yo-mouth!

(But I'm talkin' about Logain!)

Excepting the whole Taim is Evil and Creepy, while Logain is one Bad Mutha-shut-yo-mouth!

Yeah, the main reason for me to doubt logain is that he has channeled for a long time and not gone mad. That is not an option if you are not under the protection of the Dark One. Everybode else (male)goes mad.

Yeah, the main reason for me to doubt logain is that he has channeled for a long time and not gone mad. That is not an option if you are not under the protection of the Dark One. Everybode else (male)goes mad.

They go mad, yes, but the time it takes for them to go mad varies with every man.  We have seen reports of a man who had apparently channeled 40 years and was a ruler...only taken down because it was finally noticed that he did not age.  It was explained that the madness varies for each man. 

I have a feeling it has a lot more to do with the individual psychological make-up of each man.  Logain, unlike Taim, seems to be a well-rounded and level headed man.  I'm confident that his fighting of the madness was legit, and not Dark-One protected. 

I am thinking more and more that Logain will betray Rand. I think his glory is not what we are going to expect. You know, the Dreadlords have glory. The Nae'blis has glory (though I think we will see Demandred in that spot soon enough).

I am thinking more and more that Logain will betray Rand. I think his glory is not what we are going to expect. You know, the Dreadlords have glory. The Nae'blis has glory (though I think we will see Demandred in that spot soon enough).

Something might happen to Logain. Logain - Low Gain... RJ did have fun names.. what about Dobraine - Doh Brain..

I hope to get TGS in the mail soon.

Logain can't be Forsaken.  All Male Forsaken are accounted for, as has been noted.

I think it unlikely that he is a darkfriend.  He opposes Taim who I am pretty sure is either a darkfriend or somehow being controlled by one.  His anger in CoT is because he opposes Taim.  The Ash'a'man says, "Hey, get some special training with Taim," which sets Logain off.  Tons of people react negatively to Taim and Logain is closer to him than most.

As to the suspicious circumstances of Logain, he isn't that mysterious to me.  We see him a lot in TFoH.  He is a little shady sometimes (stealing the purse) but he is also in turmoil over getting gentled.  I am confused as to what weaves he learned on his own that are suspicious.  He had to learn something on his own considering no Black Tower was around to help him.  What awesome old weaves does he display without getting the knowledge of those weaves from a legit source.

I think it is possible that Logain gets fed up with Rand.  A lot of the male Forsaken were people who were once on the side of Light but ended up opposing the Light because of jealousy.  Rand's continued ignorance of the BT could drive Logain to the Shadow.  I am waiting for one of Rand's closest companions to change sides because of his hardness/insanity.

If Logain was a Darkfriend, it would be unnecessary for Arangar to have Delana request him to be gentled or killed since Arangar would be able to order him.  Also, various Light-sided characters have done favors for him (Egwene letting him escape, Nynaeve studying his gentling); doubtful of them doing those if they knew he was a Darkfriend.  And it seems doubtful that Logain would frequently report to Rand or remind the Sea Folk of Rand's deal with them if he (Logain) was a Darkfriend.

If Logain was a Darkfriend, it would be unnecessary for Arangar to have Delana request him to be gentled or killed since Arangar would be able to order him.  Also, various Light-sided characters have done favors for him (Egwene letting him escape, Nynaeve studying his gentling); doubtful of them doing those if they knew he was a Darkfriend.  And it seems doubtful that Logain would frequently report to Rand or remind the Sea Folk of Rand's deal with them if he (Logain) was a Darkfriend.

Perhaps he is that devious. He does the unthinkable - he aids the Dragon R. Let the Lord of Chaos Rule.

I really don't understand how you guys can persist in thinking he's evil!

If he's bad, it's like I said, the man is one bad mutha.

He's like Shaft, for Christsakes.

Not thinking he is but fervently hoping he isn't while fearing he might be... ;)

Perhaps he is that devious. He does the unthinkable - he aids the Dragon R. Let the Lord of Chaos Rule.

That does not explain why Arangar wanted him either gentled or dead.

That does not explain why Arangar wanted him either gentled or dead.

Because Arangar is envious and stupid. ;) But then again, I still hope Logain is the supreme good guy. That is how I want him to be. And speaking of that, I have The Gathering Storm on its way in the mail...  ;D

Archived