DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What characters wouldnt you mind if they died?

Ziggdiezan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't think we need to vote for slayer, Perrin will kill him.

Hopefully he will stop being a whining bleech, Perrin won't die.

Elayne always annoying, but she is guarenteed a few months minimum

Min the worst (her fault Rand lost hand) die min die.

anyone care to remind me how was it min's fault? despite all the min hate in here :) i rather she stays. that one line of her dialog about aiel and toes i found so funny

elaida, cadsuane, fain, just a few i can think of. oh and taim. he's obviously a very bad guy that's corrupting a really cool organization of men getting a upper hand in the world where it used to be exclusively the property of women. yeah, rand needs to kill him good

It was Min's fault in the sense that Rand's puny, PTSD and Taint-addled brain had a 404 error because Semirhage lobbed a fireball at him, but he didn't duck because Min was behind him and god forbid anything happen to women.

This was a load of bovine fecal matter, and demonstrates once more to me how either incoherently stupid or heartbreaking broken Rand's mind is, possibly both, because, sigh, MIN IS NOT AN IDIOT AND WAS NOT PLANNING ON STANDING STILL IN THE FACE OF AN ONCOMING FIREBALL.

Times like that, I can't help but *headdesk* with Leigh, because the jerkhole really does fail to understand that women are capable of action and thought.

Man is standing infront of me and about to shoot, you are behind me and can't see said man. I stand in the way of the bullet (how kind of me) and keep you from getting shot. MOVE OUT OF THE WAY SO I CAN DODGE THAT BULLET, SEXIST.

Not saying that is how it went down, but he took a fireball to save (one of) his womens :P. Cut him some slack :)

to be honest i hope something bad happens to Gawyn or Egwene. i just dont think how she thinks rand should be guilded and all this stuff like she has been in the world for a long time. she is younger.

Faile. Wouldn't mind it at all. And toss in most Aes Sedai. Wouldn't mind that either since I loathe self-righteous women heavily.  :-*

i don't think we need to vote for slayer, Perrin will kill him.

Hopefully he will stop being a whining bleech, Perrin won't die.

Elayne always annoying, but she is guarenteed a few months minimum

Min the worst (her fault Rand lost hand) die min die.

anyone care to remind me how was it min's fault? despite all the min hate in here :) i rather she stays. that one line of her dialog about aiel and toes i found so funny

elaida, cadsuane, fain, just a few i can think of. oh and taim. he's obviously a very bad guy that's corrupting a really cool organization of men getting a upper hand in the world where it used to be exclusively the property of women. yeah, rand needs to kill him good

It was Min's fault in the sense that Rand's puny, PTSD and Taint-addled brain had a 404 error because Semirhage lobbed a fireball at him, but he didn't duck because Min was behind him and god forbid anything happen to women.

This was a load of bovine fecal matter, and demonstrates once more to me how either incoherently stupid or heartbreaking broken Rand's mind is, possibly both, because, sigh, MIN IS NOT AN IDIOT AND WAS NOT PLANNING ON STANDING STILL IN THE FACE OF AN ONCOMING FIREBALL.

Times like that, I can't help but *headdesk* with Leigh, because the jerkhole really does fail to understand that women are capable of action and thought.

LoL a 404 Page cannot be found error! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

At the risk of setting myself up for a flaming here...I actually quite like Elayne and Avi...yes they are predictably annoying and blinkered at times but they do (mostly) realise when they are being pig-headed, I think they are good (as in interesting) characters...same goes for Fain, love this characters unpredictablilty! Morgase, Tallanvor, Faile, Perrin, Min, Slayer...and a whole slew of the Forsaken should perish IMHO, the Forsaken are just plain rubbish aren't they? They couldn't organise a succesful plot to relieve a child of his lollypop right now, one of the others would counter it, then they'd get countered...continue until they are all tied up in each others scheming and the child skips off over the hill....Get rid of all of them except Ishy/Moridin, Demandred...and I would say Lanfear but her present incarnation as Cyndane is dull as...

EDIT: ...oh and the Sea Folk...all of them!!!

Elayne for sure, I hate her POV. She's got serious respect issues. Has anyone ever considered whether Robert Jordan dislikes women because most of his female characters are annoying to the max.

I have ALWAYS wondered at that. There are very few female characters that can function well in all situation, and yet he does it for men quite a bit. Cadsuane, now there's a woman ;) (excpet obv she gets up alot of ppl noses big time DX)

Some of the Aiel women are good balanced ppl.

Now i would like to be rid of Elayne and Have egwene suffer serious injury. Preferably to her eyes, or mouth.

The Asha'man should totally come up with an anti-sniffing ward/compulse weave]

Edit:> Die stupid Faile. Ur like a virus on our blacksmith. More like a drug, cause if u weren't there in the first place he'd be fine, then got dependant and changed behaviour because of you, now think he needs you and it would fuck him up completely if something really bad happened and you were no longer with him. But maybe he deserves Faile withdrawl for acting so stupid.

Has anyone ever considered whether Robert Jordan dislikes women because most of his female characters are annoying to the max.

I actually got the opposite impression. Every fantasy book I ever read has females that annoy me, Wheel of Time doesnt feel like that to me so much. Its the first story I ever read that made me be waiting for more if Im honest. That might make me sound sexist, but its just very very few female characters I have found likeable. Kitiara from Dragonlance was alright, and Cara from Sword of Truth is actually brilliant *erects forcefield* Those two are the only ones I remember liking. But in Wheel of Time there is Moiraine, Verin, Cadsuane, Aviendha, Nynaeve, Lanfear, Semirhage... Aviendha is my favorite female warrior ever, because she makes it believable. The only others I have ever read about are very cocky about it, ALL OF THEM, but Aviendha actually thinks to herself that she finds that resolving matters physically rather than through talking easier, and it is believable because she is the Maiden turning into a Wise One.

well you cant deny those (though i tend to space out during many forsaken PoVs), even though you'd still have to say Nynaeve is SUPER annoying. I mean, she's a very complicated character, and has many faccets that would be believable, however ther are just too many different faces of her for me to get a feel for her as 'real'.

The rest u mentioned- Moiraine, Verin, Cadsuane, Aviendha - all awesomeo!

Again i say - kill FAILE

Archived