DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What characters wouldnt you mind if they died?

Ziggdiezan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd actually love to see some prophesied characters die off.

I've despised Min's existence in the narrative - even while liking her character - since the gang first got to Baerlon in Book One.

Just for bloody once, I'd love to see prophesy mean that things *might* happen that way, namely, that if they don't happen, then we'll be in trouble, rather than knowing "oh, well, Moiraine's totally getting rescued because Little Miss Plot Device saw visions that haven't gotten fulfilled yet"

Morgase.  Done nothing useful or interesting since EOTW.

The revelation of her still being alive will restore some of the worlds faith in Rand I expect. Morgase still has a role to play before she dies the way I see it.

I really would kill Min. The only thing I thought was interesting about her is the viewings.

This is very interesting :o, so far Min is in the lead with 4 death votes; Egwene, Gawyn, and Bela have 2; Morgase, Berelain, Cadsuane, Slayer, and Elayne have only 1.  Rand, Perrin, Faile, and Nyneve have none at all and they have some pretty intense death wishers out there.  But I'm sure they will start puring in since I said that.

As for MY death wish(es), I can't really say I hate anyone enough to want them to die. I guess Padan Faine can get the chop, and maybe Berelain as I never really liked her. Some of those I don't like have already been dealt with (Sevanna, Galina, Couldin). 

While I can't stand Egwene or Gawyn (they do deserve each other though ;D) I don't want them to die. I just want Egwene to treat Rand with the same level of respect and dignity as she demands for herself.  I have lost all respect for Egwene since TSR when she tried to get into Rand's dreams and when she couldn't she was determined to find a way.  She slid even further in books 5&6. Nothing she has done since has restored any amount of respect for her as far as I am concerned. Gawyn just needs to clear up the lies about Rand, he may still be an idiot but at least he won't be a jerk to Rand anymore.

Elayne for sure, I hate her POV. She's got serious respect issues. Has anyone ever considered whether Robert Jordan dislikes women because most of his female characters are annoying to the max.

I wouldn't say so. HE constantly mentions Berelaine's loyalty. Moiraine is seen very well. Siuan as well. We have the Aiel Wise Ones. I think the characters just turned out that way due to events and their upbringing. Besides, do you WANT perfect women in the book? It just wouldn't be true to life.

i don't think we need to vote for slayer, Perrin will kill him.

Hopefully he will stop being a whining bleech, Perrin won't die.

Elayne always annoying, but she is guarenteed a few months minimum

Min the worst (her fault Rand lost hand) die min die.

Min's fault Rand lost his hand.

Gawyn and Egwene are idiots (that is why they fell in love, stupid minds think alike).

Cadsuane thinks she is BA (she isn't).

Gawyn I can see how he's an idiot, but Egwene is actually pretty smart IMO although I'm only on book 8 in my reread so she might have changed.

And from what I remember while Cadsuane thinks quite a lot of herself she's one of the few Aes Sedai that deserves some respect.

Elayne,Padan Fain,Gawyn,Egwene and Min so there are no more viewings/dreams that have to be fulfilled.

From that list only Padan Fain does not have a prophecy.

Viewings/Dreams (and other forms of prophecy) I imagine would last as long as the Pattern wants/needs things (about the future) revealed.  When the Pattern no longer wants/needs to have them revealed, those would stop.  Eliminating people who have those capabilities I imagine would cause at least one replacement.

anyone care to remind me how was it min's fault? despite all the min hate in here :) i rather she stays. that one line of her dialog about aiel and toes i found so funny

elaida, cadsuane, fain, just a few i can think of. oh and taim. he's obviously a very bad guy that's corrupting a really cool organization of men getting a upper hand in the world where it used to be exclusively the property of women. yeah, rand needs to kill him good

anyone care to remind me how was it min's fault? despite all the min hate in here :) i rather she stays. that one line of her dialog about aiel and toes i found so funny

elaida, cadsuane, fain, just a few i can think of. oh and taim. he's obviously a very bad guy that's corrupting a really cool organization of men getting a upper hand in the world where it used to be exclusively the property of women. yeah, rand needs to kill him good

It was Min's fault in the sense that Rand's puny, PTSD and Taint-addled brain had a 404 error because Semirhage lobbed a fireball at him, but he didn't duck because Min was behind him and god forbid anything happen to women.

This was a load of bovine fecal matter, and demonstrates once more to me how either incoherently stupid or heartbreaking broken Rand's mind is, possibly both, because, sigh, MIN IS NOT AN IDIOT AND WAS NOT PLANNING ON STANDING STILL IN THE FACE OF AN ONCOMING FIREBALL.

Times like that, I can't help but *headdesk* with Leigh, because the jerkhole really does fail to understand that women are capable of action and thought.

Archived