DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

'09/'10 Premier League Season

Haxorsist

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'm missing something there Maj...  :-[

If Liverpool have to sell Torres, we won't win the EPL for at least 5 years. Torres IS Liverpool, really, not to mention how much he bangs on about winning silverware with them and such. I had high hopes for Chamakh, but bleh. Cash as always.

We need a bail out! Gillett and whatshisname are yanks, surely they qualify!

OBAMA! Liverpool need you!

OK Fine. Torres is .45 of Liverpool, Gerrard is .45 of Liverpool, and the other .1 is the rest of the team :P

They really kind of rely on each other to get thier best performance which is worrying, but anyway.

And of course the badge! That's gotta make Mancini happy. Can't they get in serious trouble for that?

I would say that Gerrard is the heart and soul of Liverpool, whereas Torres is just a mercenary, looking for a good paycheck.

Comparing them is like saying that Drogba is just as much Chelski as Terry, or that Ronaldo last season was as much United as Giggs.

As for Adebayors little slip, he might have to pay a fine, nothing more than that. And an eventual fine obviously depends on what Mancini thinks is best for the team.

I see what you're saying. It's hard to 'be' Liverpool when your not even from the country I guess. He goes out of his way to assure a lot of people how much he loves it though, so who knows. Gerrard being an academy kid though, has got to take the cake.

I saw an old game v Everton the other night from 02/03 I think it was. He hasn't changed a bit! It's hilarious.

Pretty much every player who moves to a new club talks a lot about how much they love the new club. Yet, if presented with an opportunity to move to a club where the chances of silverware are greater, and/or the paycheck is a bit bigger, very few turns it down. If for example Barcelona came sniffing for Torres, he would be on a plane to Spain before FSW can say 'tapas'. Gerrard on the other hand, for him to move it would take something quite extreme.

I'm just going to pretend he's never moving anywhere, ever. *lalalalala*

That being said he's doing terrible in my FIFA 10 career mode team.

Anyway, a few postponed matches have been rescheduled for next wednesday. Whens the cold snap supposed to move along? It's looking an interesting weekend in football though, Burnley face Man U without Coyle, Man City vs an Everton who will feel ripped off after last game was 2-2 v Arsenal, Liverpool vs Stoke who are flying higher than expected.

I think Everton v City will be the one to watch.

Nice debut by Diouf (I do not really count the few minutes against Birmingham, with Fletchers red card messing the game up for him.)

Last time we had a striker from Molde he also scored in his Old Trafford debut. And that lads United-career turned out quite well... ;D

And Berba must be starting to realise he needs to step it up, his best game by far this season. He even ran!

Yet another late goal sinks Liverpool. God damn. And Kuyt's header at the 95' was heartbreaking. I nearly cried. Didn't see a great deal of Maxi but here's hoping. And N'gog is a piece of crap. I'd prefer one of the local lads from the under 17's than N'gog, at least they'd -look- like they were trying. Also, Aquilani needs to get involved more. I get he played a lot of minutes recently but... still.

Everton over Man City was a pleasant surpise for me this morning though. Also Tottenham drawing with Hull was helpful. It's finally digested that 4th place is the best I can hope for at this stage and both results helped.

Evra's header was good, a lesser man would have bitched out of putting his head there, from memory.

Also, poor Sunderland. 7-2 is vicious.

I see the blue side of Manchester is the happier tonight...but I gather in dubious circumstances. I am sure Fergie will get away with another rant about the referee. Seriously, please can the FA just fine and give him a touchline ban? Every other manager seems to get them bar him...

Anyway, the REAL cup action is tomorrow! Roll on the JP Trophy Southern Final 1st Leg as the Saints (Southampton) take on the MK Dons for a place in the final against either Carlisle United or Leeds United (from the Northern part of the cup). And if the Saints get to the Final at Wembley, I am sure to be booking my ticket as Wembley is about a 10-15 minute journey away for me from where I live!

Of course SAF will rant, and rightly so. Why should refs get away with horrible decisions? Footballplayers on this level are professionals, but the refs are jolly amateurs. Tonight, shitty scored twice from blatantly wrong decisions by the ref, someone must point that out. And FA will sure as hell not say a word.

And bellamy can thank his lucky star Keane does not play anomore, he would have kicked that cheating scumbag so hard he flew out of the stadium.

And SAF has recieved numerous fines and touchline bans, for saying what no other manager has the balls to say.

5th Round FA Cup draw:

Southampton v Portsmouth

Reading v West Bromwich Albion

Fulham v Notts County or Wigan Athletic

Chelsea v Cardiff City

Bolton Wanderers v Tottenham Hotspur or Leeds United

Derby County v Birmingham City

Manchester City v Stoke City

Wolverhampton Wanderers or Crystal Palace v Aston Villa

Now, that top tie, I am licking my lips! St. Mary's shall be rocking in a few weeks time...that is, if the Skates still exist...Come On You Saints!

Interesting deal for United, buying 20-yearold Chris Smalling from Fulham. What a career for the lad, 1½ ago he was bought for £10000 by Fulham from Maidstone, a team in the 7th division. Next season, he should get his first taste of Champions League. And a good sign for other youngsters, you do not have to get into one of the PL clubs academies to make it, just keep fighting and it might happen anyway.

Always great to see United pick up young Brits.

Archived