DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

'09/'10 Premier League Season

Haxorsist

So who do you think will win the PL this season? Right now Man Utd are at the top of the league, with Chelsea trailing 1 point behind. Will it be one of the Big Four, or does Man City have a chance?

Personally I think either Man Utd or Chelsea will win (hopefully Chelsea). Tottenham are still clinging to 3rd place, but I don't see that lasting through the season. Liverpool looks hopeless this year. Manchester City might be able to compete for the title, but I don't have any faith in Arsenal.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be as usual, a two-horse race between United and Chelski.

City will claim 3rd or 4th place, but it is still unclear if Arsenal or Liverfool will be the team bumped down. Until last night I would have said Arsenal had the upper hand between the two, but if Liverpool manages to get knocked out of CL in the group stage, they can focus everything on staying with the top 4. Also, if United beats Liverpool this sunday, chances are Rafa will get sacked, and that should imporve Liverpools position a bit. Almost so I a part of me hopes United will throw the game, just to keep Rafa at Anfield ;D

However, the league is more unpredictable than it has ever been, since the smaller teams have improved a lot, and all big teams will lose points here and there. And Spurs and Sunderland have come so far that they might even seriously challenge for a 5th spot.

We got relagated last season, and then started this season on -10 points for going into administration! We are finally off the bottom of the table, so it is onwards and upwards, and maybe some silverware in the JP Trophy!

No, they won't. I agree with Maj that it will be a two horse race between Chelsea and Manchester United.

The Skates (Portsmouth) and Hull will definitely get relegated this year.

Well, ask nicely, and you could loan one of our U18 players, that should help you ;D

Thanks for the offer, but our squad is quite good for League 1. Onwards and upwards!

The Skates (Portsmouth) and Hull will definitely get relegated this year.

I am not so sure about that. Sure, Hull has started in a just awful way, but they do seem like a team that better than most in the bottom can handle the nitty gritty of Jan-Feb. Granted, that depends a lot on which teams they are facing in that period.

Of the teams that does struggle for survival, I really hope Wolves can stay up, I like their mentality with its focus on young players. Hope it pays off.

And I kinda hope Birmingham can say up, just because of Larsson. Nice to have at least one Swedish player in EPL (Elm in Fulham does not count, he was bought as a squad player, I doubt he will get 90 minutes total on the pitch the entire season, unless injuries forces otherwise).

I'm seriously shocked at Liverpool's form at the moment, nevermind the beachballs.

We just don't have a good squad, or any depth. That being said, I think a top 4 is still on the cards for liverpool, everyone will drop points. Pompey for relegation, but I think it will be tight with a whole host of teams in the firing line with them. I hope Hull and Wolves stay up though, I enjoy watching both of these teams.

No, they won't. I agree with Maj that it will be a two horse race between Chelsea and Manchester United.

Just because they are in the top two positions now means they will be then? I think not.

I certainly do not make predictions based on current positions, and I doubt Corki does it. Rather, it is a matter of simply looking at the squads. Just looking at the best possible starting 11, United, Chelski and Arsenal are more or less equal. But, a campaign like the PL, with 38 games, requires more than 11 good players, you need good back-up on every single position. You need a team that can handle the key player missing several games from injury. From that perspective, Arsenal is quite behind United and Chelski.

Arsenal has a squad more suited for CL, with few games spread out over an entire season. In the EPL, they will get punished when the January nightmare kicks in. Or sooner, if Fabregas gets unjured.

No, Arsenal does not have the depth.

Lets make an experiment, and make two teams from the squads...

United A

Van Der Sar

Rafael Ferdinand Vidic Evra

Valencia Anderson Fletcher Giggs

Berbatov Rooney

United B

Foster

Neville Evans Brown Fabio

Park Carrick Scholes Nani

Owen Macheda

Subs

PIG, O'Shea, Hargreaves, Laet, Gibson, Obertan, Tosic, Welbeck.

United could field an entire extra team that would easily be on the upper half of EPL. Meanwhile, Arsenal can barely scrape together a full bench with that level of quality.

The smack talk has begun. I like it.

My grandpa is a huge Wolves supporter (he went down in the basement and got out a horrible orange Wolves shirt from the 70s when they got back to the PL) so I hope they stay up. Even though I'm a Chelsea fan I hope West Ham stay up, if only for Gianfranco Zola. :)

Wolves are the new Hull.

Arsenal seem to have an ability to pull a youngster out and have him kick ass overnight though. It's a wide open league this year, and that scares me. I think it will be close, I still see the top 4 in the top 4 however.

As much as I hate to admit it, if anyone dropped out it would be Liverpool, and replaced by Man City. Man U have a huge squad, Chelsea too. Arsenal A team are just kickin, and I think they can dodge a lot of injury. Call it a feeling.

Yeah, the media has been all over that.

I actually read today that Newcastle has been looking at a friend of mine who plays on the 3rd league level in Norway. Supposedly it was Dennis Wise who scouted him. That's pretty cool if it's true.

Yeah, that would be cool, hope it happens.

And if you have time&interest to go stream hunting, Uniteds reserves play against Blackburn tonight, with both Eikrem and King from start. Eikrem to the left on a 3-man midfield, King central in a 3-man attack. Usually at least one of them grabs a goal or two. Lads are great news for the future of Norwegian football (once you fully break away from Drillos ideas ;D)

Archived