DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

'09/'10 Premier League Season

Haxorsist

Does anyone actually want to put a hand on the Premier League trophy??

And Southampton's slim play-off hopes continue to exist. I do think Huddersfield are likely to get it. If only we didn't suffer that 10 point deduction at the start of the season...

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The finish of the league will be quite exciting.

United and Chelski will fight for the title, it is very likely this will not be decided until the very last game.

Tottenham, City and Liverpool are fighting for that last CL spot, and Aston Villa is not completely out of that race. Small advantage for Spurs atm, but that can change very quickly.

Pompey is already out, Burnley, Hull, Wolverhampton and West Ham will fight to avoid the other two relegation spots. Even Wigan and Bolton faces a tiny risk of getting involved in that. Phew!

• 2 weeks later...

Well done to Chelsea, gotta say it deserved this year. Euro failure helped for sure, but that's football.

And as much as he is a diving chump, Drogba did pretty this season with the golden boot. You've gotta be a good player to be leading goalscorer in one of the toughest leagues in the world.

Heres to a quick Liverpool FC sale and new blood, and dear god move Rafa along... He's had his chances.

Interesting to see who Man U will pick up in the off also.

And yeah, bloody Tottenham. I bet City are quite peeved, all Tottenham did was bring in 'arry, and he didn't cost $200M :P

And, in the final game Richard Dunne remembered that he had not yet scored an own goal, so he made sure to get one. ;D

Considering how the season has looked for us, losing Ronaldo and Tevez, and the winter injuries on all defenders except Evra, pushing Chelski all the way is a quite ok result.

Wishlist for next season: Berbatov out, Benzema in. Possibly a creative midfielder to cover for the aging Scholes/Giggs. And that is pretty much all we need. Maybe start looking for a new keeper, byt Big Ed has at least one more season in him, so that is not urgent.

Yes they did do pretty well in comparisions with Liverpool. All we lost was Alonso and we had our worse season for over tens years I think and a hell yaeh to what DeRouge said about Rafa. Had a lucky first season and then the best he  could do, in how many years, was to throw the league away last year with all the draws. Well at least he cleared that up this year we just got beat instead.

Well, the rumours about Rafa going to Juve are still strong, so you just might get lucky.

But at the same time you might want to worry about Torres. He has expressed some concerns about how tough the Premier League is, making him worried about injuries. And now Liverpool misses CL next season, which is a huge concern for any player on Torres level. Question is who could pick him up. Only realistic option as I see it would be either Barcelona, or possibly Inter. Barcelona will bring in Villa instead of Henry, so for them to go for Torres they must sell Ibrahimovic, which seems quite unlikely. Inter on the other hand could use him, since Eto'o has not exactly impressed. Not so sure that Inter has the money though.

The club that should worry about Barcelona going shopping is Arsenal. Barcelona will go for Fabregas eventually, question is if they do it this summer or next. My guess is next, replacing an aging and increasingly injury-prone Xavi as a starting player.

The Blues are coming... this was our best season ever, but I think missing Champs League will be good for us in the short term. A gradual progression is what we need, not instant success. I've waited my whole life, I can wait a bit longer.

The Blues are coming... this was our best season ever, but I think missing Champs League will be good for us in the short term. A gradual progression is what we need, not instant success. I've waited my whole life, I can wait a bit longer.

This is how it feels to be Shitty

This is how it feels to be small

this is how it feels

when your team wins Nothing at all

35 years! 35 years! 35 years! 35 years!

Aaah... I forgot there was another Cockney glory hunter on this board. How are those Glazers treatin you then? Does your soul feel cold and bleak knowing you're 700 million in debt and sponsored by the greatest scum of the earth besides yourselves?

Least we're actually from Manchester.

Archived