DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

'09/'10 Premier League Season

Haxorsist

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Evertons two last goals can both be laid on Evans, who has completely lost form the last few weeks. It does not help when Evra for the first time since coming to United shows signs of being tired, the bloke needs some rest.

Shows, not for the first time this season, that the big teams must be sharp when playing Everton, or this will happen. Unfortunatly, United did not manage to recharge after the historical win in Milan, resulting in quite an awful appearance. When even Rooney was bad, something is not quite right.

Hopefully it will work as a wakeup call.

Evans loss of form could be related to being alongside Wes Brown. Also Utd were poor against Milan during the week. Lucky not to be out of it in first half. Scholes and Carrick both played pretty awful in midweek and against Everton. I think its Scholes last season at Utd and Carrick isn't god enough for them. Liverpool had no prob with the toffees.

God Liverpool were dire today. How can he stay looking at Lucas. He cannot see a pass or pass a ball.

It looks like the Skates are heading into administration. We will see by Friday...

I think I am looking forward to a possible South Coast derby next year...as long as Southampton have an awesome run in at the end of the season. It started well last weekend with a (fortunate) 2-0 victory away at Norwich, the League 1 leaders. Bring on Wycombe tonight!

Well, that they had to loan money just to pay the players wages kinda speaks for itself.

What I really can not understand is why they did not sell any players during the January window. I mean, fighting for survival was a rather futile struggle even when the window opened. Sell a bunch of players, get some cash, and reduce the amount of wages you have to pay. Instead they waited halfway into february, realised they had to sell, and begged FA to allow them to do so. ::)

Makes me think they had a buyer lined up, only for them to pull out after the window closed.

Sucks to be Bridge right now, the greatest honour a player can have right around the corner, and then through no fault of his own he misses out. I get he could choose to play on, but really Terry makes the situation difficult.

Really it should be Terry bowing out of the team, he isn't doing to well in his last few games anyway from what I've heard/seen.

Kinda feels like the bad guy won, yeah?

Depends on what you mean with 'won'. Terry had the chance to captain the best gteam England has fielded for a tournament in ages, now he is no longer captain, and the defence is seriously weakened. When England is knocked out, Terry will recieve a fair deal of the blame even if he himself puts in a top performance.

The only winner here is Englands opponents.

Well, the bad guy ended up in a better net position. Bridge is out of the team, no honours, playing for 4th in the league, and betrayed. Terry is still in the national team, headed for a league title, and currently embroiled in a scandal that, let's face it, we'll all forget in about two years time, or at least the impact of it.

I don't think losing the captaincy is a big a deal as it's made out to be. Prestigious yes, but how much more prestigious than being in the team anyway?

And now it is official that negotiations have started to take United back from those greedy rednecks.

Sell or die!

Negotiations? I thought it was just a bunch of unhappy fans with no power making some noise...

A bunch of unhappy fans with the ability to raise an enormous amount of money, as well as the ability to convince fans to stop buying merchandise, stop going to games etc...For the first time since EPL started, there has in several games been a noticable amount of seats not sold.

• 2 weeks later...

Heh, Torres seems to have told Spanish media that if Liverpool does not buy 4-5 top class players next season, he wants to leave. At the same time, rumour grows stronger that Real might try to go after Gerrard this summer, as well as going after Benitez.

Watching Uniteds last couple of weeks, Berba seems to have taken the criticism the right way. He has put in some stunning performances, including yesterdays MOTM against Fulham. And he is not the only one, Nani returned from having been sidelined most of the season a completely new player.

But most of the focus when talking about United right now obviously falls on Rooney. 32 goals total in all competitions right now, and at least 10 more games to play. He might actually reach Ronaldos "impossible" 07/08 tally of 42 goals.

And if Rooney can keep this insane form up, the World Cup can be quite fun for England...

Archived