DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

'09/'10 Premier League Season

Haxorsist

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, even Ferguson makes mistakes now and then, though it is quite rare. Having just kids on the midfield in a game like this was one of the biggest the last couple of years. It became quite obvious early on that either Fletcher or carrick should have been on the pitch, to give it some muscles.

Berba more and more seems like the biggest mistake in transfers since Veron. I was hoping he would grow into it, but now I am more hoping SAF will use him as part of the payment for someone like Villa, Benzema or Dzeko next summer.

I know...

Theres a horrible dark part of my mind which keeps repeating "That which goes up..."

Then I watch Leeds beat Man U in the FA Cup. I'm so confused!

Be glad you are not a Skates (Portsmouth) fan! And at least you haven't suffered points deductions as well, like my team, Southampton, or crippled by the FA, like Luton.

Credible rumours? I think fourfourtwo and the premier league site itself are pretty credibly! :P Yeah thats a really strange call that one. You'd think theres more credibility in keeping Burnley up than Bolton. Who knows.

I would be sick to my stomach if Man U picked up Villa! I would turn gay for Villa. I'm just that devoted.

Berbatov's future is probably downwards. I dont think any top english/spaniard/italian clubs would want him, maybe a struggling club might pick him up on a knee-jerk january transfer but I doubt it. Who knows. I don't like him anyway, he looks too smug for my tastes. :P

I do feel for Portsmouth. Theres always one, though. Its ironic because in my Fifa 10 Manager mode, I'm about 5 seasons in and Pompey have been top 6 every season.

I think any club in Spain except Barca and Real would pick up Berba, if the price was right. Most Italian clubs would as well, except maybe Milan, he is a bit too young for that club ;D

Thing is, his style is a lot more suited for those leagues than PL, as the game is quite slower in those.

Also, he suffers a bit extra by playing with Rooney, they both have the same style of dropping deep. Berba would benefit from playing woth someone like Ibrahimovic or Drogba, who constantly are up there pushing at the opponents backfour.

Berba + cash for Benzema or Dzeko would make me a happy camper. Not a possible deal if SAF wants Villa though, that could only be a cash-only deal, as Valencia really needs money.

They'd probably prefer Vierra rather than a current squad member that was rumoured about a month ago though! Vierra could be quite solid and just the thing the Man City backline needs. Scary!

And I agree with Villa, it's starting to get to crunch time. I wonder if he does move if the change of situation will be the start of the decline. I seriously hope not, of course!

No matter how I try, I can not understand that. Having taken Burnley to PL, he is quite well liked by both club and fans. They are quite a bit better off in the leagu atm than Bolton, and it is not like Bolton sits on a mountain of £, to go on a spending spree.

Voronin and Dossena leaving liverpool. Quite nice to get a reminder that, however upset we United-fans are with Berba, some clubs have bought players that has been way bigger failures ;D

Yeah, I heard the rumour about Chamakh as well. And selling Voronin could be a sign that there is some truth in it.

A rather foolish signing in my eyes. Sure, he is a good player, and might be able to adapt to life in the PL. but a new attacker is not what Liverpool needs right now. 1-2 new defenders, and at least one winger should be Benitez priority. But then, his transfer history is not exactly among the more impressive in the league ;D

Having made the transfer signing of the summer in the top 4 leagues in England (Ricky Lambert for £1m and who has scored 20+ goals already), I think Southampton may have made the signing of the January transfer window. Jose Fonte, the Portuguese centre back, has joined us in League 1 from Championship side Crystal Palace for an undisclosed fee. At 26, he will be a great addition as I don't think Jaidi and Thomas can last much longer in the centre of defence. All Palace fans rate the former Benfica player. Personally, Alan Pardew and the new board are making a seriously strong team. If we get out of League 1 this year, that will be a big bonus after our points deduction - otherwise, roll on next season! Seriously, who needs top flight football?  ;D

So Portsmouth (and Liverpool  :P), we will be having your place in the Premier League shortly!  ;D

I love the fact that pompey paying thier players makes the premier league news these days.

Liverpool need some consistancy and more time in the midfield, as well as an organised defense. But I wouldn't say no to Cham up front with Torres. With Gerrard running out of the center just behind those two, it would make for some speedy attacks.

Archived