DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

'09/'10 Premier League Season

Haxorsist

Arsenal is ABLE to do just fine without RvP. He has been on the IL a lot in recent seasons past, and while it would be better to have him, I'm sure Arsenal is used to working around him being hurt by now. And what makes you think Fabregas is not a destructive player? He isn't the captain at 22-years-old because he looks pretty. Aquilani and Gerrard are very talented players, but I'm not going to start doubting because of a few names.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Difference this season is that there is no Adebayor to throw into the box, which gave an alternative Arse does not have today. RvPs important skyrocketed when Adebayor decided that cash was nicer than honour.

As for destructive players, Fabregas is definitly not one. He is growing into a classic two-way player, but his focus is on the creative side, as he is the creative hub for most of Arses play.

Aquilano and Mascherano (how the hell did you work gerrard in there?) on the other hand, they have one job, break down the opponents attack. They are not expected to participate in the attack other than just being on the pitch. Of course, in Aquilanis case, the time on the pitch has been quite limited ;D

I think Arsenal will win on Sunday also I gotta say. Gerrard, Torres and Aquilani havn't had enough time to gel together, and as stated above, Arsenal are used to playing without RvP. Fabregas is pretty clever also, and you can't argue with the fact that Arsenal are leading the goal scoring tally, coming up against a very unstable Liverpool defence. 2-1 to Arsenal, but Arsenal probably deserving more.

Oh and I clicked on a related link to that one above, and saw a poor dudes ankle turn to jelly underneath a studs up lunge. I'm being serious, you know that trick where you bounce a pencil up and down inbetween your fingers and it looks like rubber?

No fooling, that was his ankle. Sideways.

Not sure what related link you looked at, but the one I posted shows a clear contact, studs straight in the belly area. The funny part is that the guy tries to protest when the ref pulls out the red card ;D

I also think that Arse will win, but perhaps not as easily as you lot seem to think. Granted, the beauty with football is that there are no guarantees, there is always a chance that the guy you least expect steps up for something crucial. Like Kiko Macheda did twice for us last season.

I am a tad worried about tonights game against Villa. They have some big lads up front, and while Vidic is back, we still have Carrick playing central defense, and Fletcher playing right back.

Fortunatly, SAF is not panicking, so the rumour about Sol Campbell that floated around a couple of days has been denied. A 35-yo psychopat is not exactly the great solution... ;D

Did not see Wigan-Stoke, only heard about it. And was too tired to check it last night, spent a full day in Copenhagen, with mulled wine and sushi :)

United had one of those days, when the goal just will not come, no matter how much they try. Annoying as hell, but everyone knlows there will be 2-3 of those games every season, so I am not too upset about it.

It was 7 on the trot for City before last rounds win against Chelski. So this was probably the start of a new one. Think they can get 8 this time? ;D

Ouch! Nasty tackle!

Did you hear about Hannover scoring 3 own goals in a 5-3 loss in the German league?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8410183.stm

And the other good news is that the mighty, mighty Southampton are storming up League 1! Upto 14th now, and a good play-off chance if we keep performing - we are only 9 points off, and would be in the play-offs if it wasn't for our points deduction at the start of the season. Only one loss in about 14 games, and the big game against Leeds this weekend. I think we also have buy of the season in our striker Ricky Lambert - £1m from Bristol Rovers, and already scored 17 goals in all competitions! Come You Saints!

As it happens, so was I, as I did say I believed arse would win. One might even say I was more right, as I said it would not be as easy as some here seemed to think, and pool where the better team by far in the 1st half, and Gerrard could have gotten a penalty, and such a decision would most likely have changed things a bit.

So there ;D

I think the man needs a break really.

January is coming up. Rumours or speculation?

David Villa is pretty certain to leave Valencia for real at the end of the season, and seemingly its a 50/50 to either Barca or Real, but he's also been quoted as saying he wouldn't mind playing in the EPL. Personally I think Liverpool just don't have the cash for him (but really they need someone like him with Torres..), I COULD see him moving to Arsenal or maybe even Man City, on the outside. Chelsea even less so.

I know Arse are all about the youngsters, but I've seen a bit of grumbling about not having a big power forward target man up front, lately.

Gah, total collapse by United. All those injuries are starting to take their toll, as Fulhams 2nd and 3rd goal can be contributed to mistakes in defence real defenders would never do.

Regarding Villa, I think Real is the most likely next adress for him. They are looking to offload RVN, Raul is not getting any younger, and rumour has it the club is somewhat concerned about Benzemas failure to impress. 

Barcelona could be another possibility, but the position is not quite right. as Villa is at his best when playing the same position as Ibrahimovic, while Barcelona is looking for someone to put the heat on, and eventually replace Henry.

If he goes to England, Liverpool or Arsenal would be the logical options. Both needs a player like that, question is if they have the cash. United are not interested, unless SAF would out of the blue decide to get rid of Berbatov, and that is not going to happen. City needs to look at defence and midfield rather than strikers. Chelsea has a great duo in Drogba-Anelka, and the Russian mobster has sent signals that he is not that interested in pumping in more money for massive transfers until he sees some results on the pitch.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived