DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

'09/'10 Premier League Season

Haxorsist

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some players, like mascherano, are just wired that way. There is something wrong in their heads.

I must say that I am not terribly upset that he did not get sent off though. I do not agree with this rule, since a penalty plus a red card is much too hard for most incidents. If you must give a penalty, change the red to a yellow.

So, Webb acted more according to how I want it to be, rather than to what the rules say ;D

It could have easily been a lot worse than 2-1, Gerrard is just not kicking which is vital to keep the midfield ticking over. Need Kuyt-Aquilani-...someone-and Babel/Maxi sitting behind gerrard and Torres for us to have any chance of keeping possession and move forward...*sigh*

4th looks like a bridge too far, but with City and T'ham to still play some big games I can hope for a miracle.

I think toothless is the right word for last nights performance. Never looked dangerous.

• 2 weeks later...

Great news for England that Rooney will only be out for about three weeks. Means he will get some games under the belt before the World Cup.

Tomorrows battle between United and Chelski might decide the outcome of the leage, as the winner will get quite an advantage. With Rooney out, we might get a chance to see how either Macheda or Diouf stands up against tougher opposition, as one of them (most likely Kiko) stands a good chance at coming on as a sub.

And, if any of the teams does win, Arsenal is definitly out of the race, now that Fabregas and Gallas are out for the rest of the season, possibly Arshavin as well.

I think the relegation was a good chance to clear out a lot of the dead wood from the club. Congrats Tooners.

In other news, what the hell was Rafa thinking taking Torres off after 60? Gerrard's face said it all...

Surely the Europa cup isn't as important as a 4th place spot? Unless he thinks it's already over...

I just don't know. I really don't think Rafa will be coach next season with stunts like that.

The look Gerrard gave Rafa when he saw Torres was the one leaving... ;D

Problem for Liverpool is that with their financial situation, they can not afford to fire Rafa, so they need another club coming in to take him. And very few clubs can match the wages paid in Premier League.

I think it all makes sense now.

Liverpool get money this summer, buy a few new players, hopefully at least one big name there, forget about the Champions League, field a half strength team in the Europa league matches not caring if we win or lose, and concentrate ALL efforts on the Premier League.

I bet Rafa knew about the sale when he took Torres off the other week, in a definate move to NOT get 4th place.

Plus, his after match quotes today he says 4th place is a long way off, which is kinda defeatist...

It will never be proven, but in my head it totally makes sense.

Owayn, look at the date of my quote ;)

Well then, seems like Benitez is on his way out.

Juventus just announced they have have fired Ferrara, and Zaccheroni takes over as manager for the rest of the season. Zaccheroni has not managed a team since he was fired from Torino in 2007, which strongly indicates Juve in no way sees him as a long term solution.

Meanwhile, strong rumours, of which I find some quite reliable, claims Benitez' lawyers have been meeting with Juve, which indicates a move for the Spaniard this summer. That would be the best solution for Liverpool, since a move means they would not have to pay his salary after his departure.

Archived