DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What Are Questions You Have Had For A Long Time That Aren't In FAQ Or Online??

The Fisher King

I don't mean RAFOs like ''Who Killed Asmodean'' lol - I mean just little questions and mysteries you have had from the plot through the years that The FAQ missed and you have never seen answered online...Heres a Few of Mine:

1 Was it Tylsen or Joline that gave Mat the note in ACOS?

2 Where was Noal sneaking back around the corner from in COT when Mat knew he shouldn't even have been there in the first place?

3 Is Verin Sedai mortal?

4 Did Hadnan Kadnere in FOH know that Keisendre was Lanfear?

5 Who sent the Trolloc attack against the manor house (rand, cad, min etc) in KOD? ... I know its always been said by everybody that its pretty obvious that it was Graendal...But, being me, Im not afraid to go against the mainstream, and I am going to stick to my guns and still posit that it was Moridin, even though I know that has me out on a pretty far limb there...

Well, those are just a few Non-FAQ questions that I think have kept most of us severely baffled and tied up in knots for years...What are Yours?

Fish

1. Teslyn.

2. We don't know.

3. She is mortal. Immortality would mean you are outside the Pattern.

4. He did not. He assumed she was dead since she vanished from the Aiel Waste.

5. We don't know. Most likely one of the Forsaken.

The warder would not be affected. Whether he would be able to be fully Compelled into doing activities of the Shadow is debatable.

5 Who sent the Trolloc attack against the manor house (rand, cad, min etc) in KOD? ... I know its always been said by everybody that its pretty obvious that it was Graendal...But, being me, Im not afraid to go against the mainstream, and I am going to stick to my guns and still posit that it was Moridin, even though I know that has me out on a pretty far limb there...

There are whole threads on this one, but my vote is Taim. I also don't believe there is much of a consensus on Graendal, though she beside Demandred seem to be the most popular choiced of the existing Forsaken--and I have seen a few suggest Moridin before.

Why are Myrdraal "not in phase with reality?" Does it have to do with the fact that the True Power was used in their creation.

How can the Ogier travel to a different world? Would this be one of the worlds of If?

What is the other bowl in the Seafolk's seal? (Two flattened bowls with a line connecting them -- I assume one is the Bowl of the Winds)

Are the Jendai Prophecies and the name Jenn Da'Shain Aiel significant or do they have nothing to do with eachother?

Does Rand need to kick LTT into Tel'aran'Rhiod to stay sane? Think Slayer -- Luc/Isam. One died, yet both are? (Also possibly fulfills the royal line of Andor -- Luc -- being the key to winning TG.)

Are the two sentences in Nicola's foretelling speaking about each other or different things? (three women in a boat with Rand and lion sword/dedicated spear/she who sees beyond/he who is dead yet lives) Personally, I think they are two separate events. Elayne is not the Lion Sword, that would be Gawyn. Avhienda no longer fits the Dedicated Spear since she is no longer a Maiden of the Spear. She who sees beyond could be Min, but is also just as likely to be Egwene. He who is dead yet lives could be Luc/Isam -- whichever one died. This brings up the next question. Who are the three women in the boat with Rand?

More to follow at a later time.

Edit: Sorry, some of these are probably RAFO questions, but I would like to see if some of these would be good for starting a thread or should just be thrown away.

I know its always been said by everybody that its pretty obvious that it was Graendal.
Off the top of my head, I can't recall that ever being said. Certainly it doesn't have any great following behind it.

Why Rand and Moridin didnt know not too cross thier streams of balefire?

If ghostbusters has taught us nothing ,apart from art is evil, it is that you never ever do this.

Ah it was prob an accident but they should be more carfull with that stuff, Moridin should know better. Ok really stupid question here but are we sure that Moridin is Ishy. I'm pretty certain but is it a dead cert no way it could be wrong.

Okay my question is - What happens to a person when caught by madscagar cloud thing in Arihdol (excuse the spelling there I just cant picture the word at all right now). I mean is the soul consumed? I do hope this isn't in the FAQ.

Ah it was prob an accident but they should be more carfull with that stuff, Moridin should know better. Ok really stupid question here but are we sure that Moridin is Ishy. I'm pretty certain but is it a dead cert no way it could be wrong.

It is as dead certain as Rand being the Dragon Reborn.

Okay my question is - What happens to a person when caught by madscagar cloud thing in Arihdol (excuse the spelling there I just cant picture the word at all right now). I mean is the soul consumed? I do hope this isn't in the FAQ.

RJ said at a Q&A that Sammael could be reborn eventually (the proper way, not DO-recycling style), which means the soul must survive.

Why are Myrdraal "not in phase with reality?" Does it have to do with the fact that the True Power was used in their creation.

Most likely, yes, though not even Aginor himself fully understood it.

How can the Ogier travel to a different world? Would this be one of the worlds of If?

They have this funky thing known as the Book of Translation that helps them travel, how this is done is still a RAFO. And they came from a parallell world, not a perpendicular.

Are the Jendai Prophecies and the name Jenn Da'Shain Aiel significant or do they have nothing to do with eachother?

Can not see that it is anything other than coinicdence, for all we know Jendai could be the name of the person contributing with the most Foretellings to make the prophecy.

Though, if we play with the idea that Jen here is a typo, and it was originally Jenn, we get Jenn Dai, which means True Battle... 

Does Rand need to kick LTT into Tel'aran'Rhiod to stay sane? Think Slayer -- Luc/Isam. One died, yet both are? (Also possibly fulfills the royal line of Andor -- Luc -- being the key to winning TG.)

Very unlikely, especially if you try to use Slayer as a model, since Slayer is a completely different issue. Rand can not get rid of LT, they share the same soul.

Are the two sentences in Nicola's foretelling speaking about each other or different things? (three women in a boat with Rand and lion sword/dedicated spear/she who sees beyond/he who is dead yet lives) Personally, I think they are two separate events.Elayne is not the Lion Sword, that would be Gawyn. Avhienda no longer fits the Dedicated Spear since she is no longer a Maiden of the Spear. She who sees beyond could be Min, but is also just as likely to be Egwene. He who is dead yet lives could be Luc/Isam -- whichever one died. This brings up the next question. Who are the three women in the boat with Rand?

The part about three on the boat echoes the Dream the Wise Ones had, as well as Mins first viewing of him, and it fits with Rand borrowing heavily from Arturian mythology. The funeral imagery alone makes MinElAvi as the most likely candidates.

As for Nicolas other part, foretellings are not always so precise that when they say a sword, they actually mean a physical sword. It could represent courage, something that has been mentioned several times about Elayne. Avi may not be a maiden anymore, but that is still very much the identity she clings to. And min, well that one speaks for itself.

Edit: Sorry, some of these are probably RAFO questions, but I would like to see if some of these would be good for starting a thread or should just be thrown away.

If you look around, there are threads about most things already.

Are the two sentences in Nicola's foretelling speaking about each other or different things? (three women in a boat with Rand and lion sword/dedicated spear/she who sees beyond/he who is dead yet lives) Personally, I think they are two separate events. Elayne is not the Lion Sword, that would be Gawyn. Avhienda no longer fits the Dedicated Spear since she is no longer a Maiden of the Spear. She who sees beyond could be Min, but is also just as likely to be Egwene. He who is dead yet lives could be Luc/Isam -- whichever one died. This brings up the next question. Who are the three women in the boat with Rand?

Since the Wise Ones had a dream with the same boat vision, we know that there are three women.

"...with three women whose faces they could not see..." (LoC, 19).

Edit: I missed that you said "who are the three women in the boat with Rand?". But I don't get it - there are three women in the boat, so how could it be two separate events? The three women are "the Lion Sword", "the Dedicated Spear", and "She Who Sees Beyond". Three women in a boat.

There are whole threads on this one, but my vote is Taim. I also don't believe there is much of a consensus on Graendal, though she beside Demandred seem to be the most popular choiced of the existing Forsaken--and I have seen a few suggest Moridin before.

This is clearly a RAFO as is the Noal question. The other questions have been directly answered in various books. Teslyn - Mat works it out and then it's confirmed by two conversations. Lanfear is confirmed by Kadere's PoV. 

Since the Wise Ones had a dream with the same boat vision, we know that there are three women.

"...with three women whose faces they could not see..." (LoC, 19).

Edit: I missed that you said "who are the three women in the boat with Rand?". But I don't get it - there are three women in the boat, so how could it be two separate events? The three women are "the Lion Sword", "the Dedicated Spear", and "She Who Sees Beyond". Three women in a boat.

Sorry, I misquoted a few things. Went back and read that Foretelling again. I still think that "the Lion Sword, the Dedicated Spear and She Who Sees Beyond" could be different from the three women in the boat. They are in two separate sentences. Would they not be tied together in one sentence somehow if they were the same people?

I did misquote the part about "he who is dead yet lives" which must be Rand since he is in the boat. I still have my suspicions about the first part of this Foretelling though.

I am not saying it WOULD be. I am saying that because it IS NOT, the possibility I mentioned in interpretation of those three(lion sword, dedicated spear, she who sees beyond) is still a possibility.

And on a side note, where is the whole Fisher King Theory presented. I read it about a week back and can't seem to find it anymore.

I am not saying it WOULD be. I am saying that because it IS NOT, the possibility I mentioned in interpretation of those three(lion sword, dedicated spear, she who sees beyond) is still a possibility.

What? What do you mean with "IS NOT"? I can't see any other explanation than three women - descriptions fit Rand's three women better than anything else in the whole wide world. Could you please elaborate on you theory?

It might be a result of them being made with the True Power but we are not certain if Aginor used the True Power or the One Power. We most likely will never know.

They use something called the "Book of Translation." Apart from the name, we don't know anything about it. However, it implies the Ogier are from either a different planet or reality and that they originally came before the AoL.

What is the other bowl in the Seafolk's seal? (Two flattened bowls with a line connecting them -- I assume one is the Bowl of the Winds)

I don't remember reading about the Ath'an Miere seals but we might find out soon.

Possibly. There is a theory that the Sea Folk are in fact descended from Aiel that went south during the Breaking. It holds some weight. It's also interesting to note that the Amayar follow the Water Way which is basically the Way of the Leaf. Anyways, the similarity between the names supports that theory.

We don't know. I don't think so though. Not a big fan of any sort of ending with Rand going to Tel'aran'Rhiod in the end. It's a RAFO question regardless of what he want or don't want to happen.

As for the royal line of Andor being key to winning Tarmon Gai'don, it is already "fulfilled." Elayne, Rand, Galad, and Gawyn are all of the Andoran Royal line and they will all play big roles in Tarmon Gai'don.

They are the same. The Lion Sword refers to Elayne who sits on the Lion Throne of Andor. While I can see why you would think the "sword" part would reference Gawyn, Elayne fits the profile. The Dedicated Spear is Aviendha. Aiel means "dedicated" in the Old Tongue and as we all know, she was a Maiden of the Spear. She Who Sees Beyond is Min because of her ability to see the future of people. I can see why you'd think it was Egwene or any other Dreamer but Min is currently the only person who constantly sees and knows the future as opposed to Egwene.

Archived