DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Poll] Best Musical Style

Which style of music is your favorite?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which style of music is your favorite?

• Metal
    • Rock
    • Pop
    • Indie
    • Techno/Dance/Electronica
    • Classical
    • Country
    • Bluegrass
    • Vocal/Opera
    • Hip Hop/Rap
    • R & B
    • Jazz
    • Irish
    • Punk
    • Christian
    • Screamo
    • Pretty much everything

Yeap, there are some tags there that are basically the same, for example, female vocal, female vocalist, female vocalists and female vocals. But because you can tag freely on last.fm, that arises.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here is an example of screamo

*cough, cough* this is your idea of screamo? hmm... i don't know about that. Emery is a band that i would give as an example of screamo, but definitely not whatever... this... is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t69Sn3ZX8js

I barely heard any screaming in that song.  and I do believe portraits of the past is considered screamo.  Why, what was wrong with it?

Sorry, that was actually not a great example of their more screamo stuff. The Walls would have been a better choice.

IMHO, that's just too straightforward screaming. I think of screamo as having more singing. Otherwise there isn't enough straight emotion.  But i really hate debating genre, so i apologize for crapping on your example. Twil not happen again.

And, there should have been a "pretty much everything" option on the poll...

thats kind of where i sit.

I personally wouldn't consider Led Zeppelin as metal.

I must agree, but Wikipedia has spoken! ;D

to tell the truth i was surprised when i first learned that Zep was metal too, it just didn't seem heavy enough, even for the time in which Led Zeppelin was formed.

you don't listen to Dio, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Metallica, Deep Purple, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Motley Crue or anyone else like that. For a man who likes Led Zep, im thoroughly surprised. especially since Led Zeppelin is considered metal.

Every one of those bands is bad-ass, best of their genre. ;D

I personally wouldn't consider Led Zeppelin as metal.

I must agree, but Wikipedia has spoken! ;D

to tell the truth i was surprised when i first learned that Zep was metal too, it just didn't seem heavy enough, even for the time in which Led Zeppelin was formed.

That's your problem...take what wikipedia says with a pinch of salt! ;)

That's your problem...take what wikipedia says with a pinch of salt! ;)

A lot of people say that and with good reason; but the fact is that you can't just post anything you want (trust me I've tried) the moderators will see it and correct the info to be as accurate as possible or they'll just delete it. So Wikipedia is more reliable than what most people think. Besides, I said that as a joke playing up to people's negative perceptions of Wikipedia.  

Plus Sam summed things up pretty well. Zep's music could be considered the bridge between rock and metal.

Archived