DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

11 YEARS...

Talya

Yep, thats how long this place has been going, as of yesterday.

Makes my three and a half yearrs look pretty small.

go celebrate here..

http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,47943.msg954446.html#new

And in this thread too.

What brought you to this place (DM)?

Why did you decide to stay?

What are the best bits about DM?

What don't you like? (be nice no flamming etc!)

;D

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three years as of August...24th.

Searching for what the black bars connected to the Forsaken were, and why they were never mentioned after...Asmodean?

Random impulse to join.  Found Fiddlesticks.  The rest is history.

Bits?  I don't know about that.  But I think the best thing about DM is the people here.

What don't you like? (be niv=ce no flamming etc!)

The misconceptions about Spammers (at least, Fiddlesticks Spammers).

The placing of = in the middle of a word. (Especially a word that was misspelled anyway)

Not being able to flame.

:P

A few days I have been here plus the three and half years from the first time  ;)

I was looking for a place to immerse myself in the WOT the first time, this time I simply got tired of missing the place so came back  ::)

I agree totally it is the people that are the best both before and now. I also think the staff do a great job of making this the best WOT site out there.

What don't I like? The site STILL goes all wonky from time to time >:(

Aran

I started reading WoT in the summer (a couple years ago), and I was finishing up KoD in the fall.  Someone at my church had told me that the author had some disease or something, and they didn't expect him to live to finish the books.  I didn't believe it, but as I was finishing KoD, it started bugging me and I went online during one of my classes at school.  I researched some WoT stuff, and then I found somewhere the news that RJ had died exactly one month previously. >.<  I found a link to RJ's blog, read about the funeral, and eventually found my way to the forums.

It looked like a really cool thing, being able to talk to people that were fans of the books as well.  Also, I saw the Illuminators, and as I love writing and stuff, I wanted to join.  I then joined the Aiel, and made friends, had good times, and now here I am.

Like others have said, the people are what make this place amazing.  I wouldn't have even joined if not for the idea of interacting with other people who are fans like me.  I've made amazing friends here, and grown a lot as a person.  I also like the WoT theme (der. :P).  The RP side is cool, but I don't know enough about it to really appreciate it.  But its presence is still neat. :D

What don't you like? (be nice no flaming etc!)

I don't like SMF.  Really, it's the technical stuff that gets on my nerves, like glitches and crashes and not notifying me of replies and that sort of thing.

Also, there's a lot of drama that takes place on DM.  Not all the time, and not every place has that much, but you don't have to look hard to find any.  People are people, and everyone has his/her own opinion that might clash with that of another person.  Sometimes they choose not to do much about it, but sometimes they handle it badly and the situation gets out of hand.  That also happens when people just don't get along with each other.  They oftentimes handle it very poorly, and I hate that kind of thing.

The Devil

Devil made me

Every board I post in?

What don't you like? (be niv=ce no flamming etc!)

Every board I don't post in?

;D   

Nyn

Archived