DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Spoilers: Prologue debunks a theory! Sorry X :)

OsaroLJ

Moridin want Graendal to hurt rand emotionally. Maybe rand is too strong (two rivers stubbornness) and he need him to give up on the world if he want a chance at becoming the dominant personality.

Also, we have three people who fight over two bodies. Maybe rand will end up on moridin body. LTT would be in rand body and moridin would become the disembodied voice.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it only me who still thinks that the viewing of a merging only concern Rand and Lews Terrin? And that the whole Rand/Moridin connection is only there to set up an extremly cool and complicated fight between them??

This is what I think will happen: Rand and Moridins connection is going to increase, creating more problems for them until their final battle, where the connection will be severed and Moridin will die. Moridin, who seems to know what he is doing, at least seems to think that the link can be severed. Or why would he otherwise repeat that Rand is going to die at a time of his choosing?

I also think it's time for Moridin to reveal himself to Rand and show up in his dreams like in the good old days. 8) Who knows, their link might even help him slip past the wards around Rands dreams.

Concerning the bodyswap theory...

Another argument against it is that Moridins body probably soon is going to be as damaged as Rands is. Or do you think that Rand would want a body with pits of flames for eyes? ;) Or who knows, maybe he will think it's cool. Aviendhas children maybe gets flaming eyes too? ;)

All jokes aside, I still think that Moridin is going to get his flaming eyes soon, and that would really complicate the bodyswap. Speaking against this would be what will then happen to Rands eyes?

One thing about Mins viewing...

You touched, and seemed to merge into one another, and....one of you dies, and one doesn't

'Seemed to merge', instead of just 'merged'. So she has not seen a complete merge happen, only that it was headed that way. Might turn out to be a crucial difference.

Concerning the bodyswap theory...

Another argument against it is that Moridins body probably soon is going to be as damaged as Rands is. Or do you think that Rand would want a body with pits of flames for eyes? ;) Or who knows, maybe he will think it's cool. Aviendhas children maybe gets flaming eyes to? ;)

All jokes aside, I still think that Moridin is going to get his flaming eyes soon, and that would really complicate the bodyswap. Speaking against this would be what will then happen to Rands eyes?

Other than the saa, his body itself is not damaged in the same way. He feels the pain, but he still has his hand. He prolly feels the wound at his side, but does not actually have it. When the link is severed and Mordin dies, I think these phantom pains will go away.

As for the saa, I have no idea. Will Rand be forced to live with it and if so, will he have the addiction to the TP as well (which he would not be able to touch)? You make a good point in this. Mordin restarted the saa when he got the new body, so it seems it is connected to the body.

Can I humbly request all of you to NOT come up with definite proof that a swap, not a merger, will take place? Then I can go back to eagerly anticipating TGS and AMOL as a whole. Alternatively, I could just not check up on this thread but its too hard ;)

Do not worry, there will be no swap whatsoever, so noone will find any proof that supports that idea.

• Community Administrator

If Rand and Moridin are truelly connected, and the DO played a hand in it not to lose two of its most valueable play toys, who's to say the DO isn't using Moridin to screw with Rands channeling? Or that Rand is inadvertantly trying to channel the TP? LTT seemed to have no problem grasping sadain from Rand in KoD, maybe this link means, rand is going to find channeling impossible in his own body, but going through moridin = same as LTT over Rand?

Will there Bodies merge physically like Luc and Isam? Or will there 'souls' merge? Will they have three people in morridins head and one body dies? And theres a clash of 'wills' going on in a giant mental battle? I dunno, but we can't forget about Slayer. Slayer is the missing link to this puzzle.

I agree that Slayer is the link to this puzzle, though I don't think that it happened to him the way it happened to Moridin/Rand.  Neither Luc nor Isam can channel the OP or the TP, so neither of them could've channeled balefire to create the same effect that the Moridin/Rand link has.

• Community Administrator

I agree that Slayer is the link to this puzzle, though I don't think that it happened to him the way it happened to Moridin/Rand.  Neither Luc nor Isam can channel the OP or the TP, so neither of them could've channeled balefire to create the same effect that the Moridin/Rand link has.

Yea, but all we do know about them is that the DO had something to do with it. Like other 'shadow spawn'.

If the DO brought ishmale back as Moridin, and sees those to useing balefire, perhaps the DO was able to use that Balefire to link the two for whatever reason? That, or they somehow by pure accident, turned each other into another 'slayer', in a method that didn't quite replicate how the DO creaed Slayer, but in the 'weave', it may as well have been the same? As others have sugjested, there 'threads' have become inter-twined, and we know balefire 'destroys threads', whos to say it couldn't cause threads to be 'welded together', when something like two balefire streams crossing? ;)

If Morridin used balefire with the DO's power instead of Saidan, its possible that the DO could have had some hand to play, as the 'power' Moridin used, came directly from the DO, so in essense, rand 'balefired' a part of the DO. ;)

interesting thoughts, I want to see how this will play into the war. Since Moridin will not want Rand killed till the last second, will them meeting face to face create an epic fight? like will they be able to read each others thoughts?

side note: Graenal notices that Moridin looks like rand standing like that, when did she see rand standing like that?

Can I humbly request all of you to NOT come up with definite proof that a swap, not a merger, will take place? Then I can go back to eagerly anticipating TGS and AMOL as a whole. Alternatively, I could just not check up on this thread but its too hard ;)

Do not worry, there will be no swap whatsoever, so noone will find any proof that supports that idea.

It really does seem to be the case of someone coming up with a clever but unlikely theory, and then sticking with it even when everything rational goes against it. I've seen it before with theories, and I even saw it when someone was so convinced of Taimandred that they flat out refused to accept RJ's debunking. They accepted that RJ might have said it, they just didn't accept that it was true.

It really does seem to be the case of someone coming up with a clever but unlikely theory, and then sticking with it even when everything rational goes against it. I've seen it before with theories, and I even saw it when someone was so convinced of Taimandred that they flat out refused to accept RJ's debunking. They accepted that RJ might have said it, they just didn't accept that it was true.

Explain how a a single "rational" thing goes against the theory of the bodyswap.

That, and there's still plenty of evidence to support it, and nothing that solidly disproves it. Luckers isn't being illogical, everyone else is by refusing to accept that he still could be right.

Now, that doesn't mean that he will be. I don't think the bodyswap will happen either. But it could. Let's not discount it based on what we think or want.

Actually it is absolutely possible. Luc and Isam merged; one lives, one did die, but both are. Maybe Moridin is He Who Is Dead. Maybe Aviendhas kids will be different because they are literally Rand and Moridins kids.

That's pretty stupid. Aviendha has quadruplets, and unless Rand and Moridin suddenly swap bodies while Rand is doing it with Aviendha, I don't see how they can be Rand and Moridin's kids. LOL, I can imagine Moridin's thoughts. Wow, I swap for the first time, and I'm already scoring with a hot girl.

On a more serious note, I wonder if Graendal will put 2 and 2 together when she finds out Rand has lost his left hand, and Moridin's is hurting him?

Now that is downright offensive. I would never accept that RJ said something against the bodyswap.

Hi, I'm Luckers. I'll be here all week.

In a reference to an earlier book, Crossroads of Twilight Chapter 24, Rand finds himself thinking about the creators plans and philosophy in general, but he realizes this isnt something he would normally think about and that it must be LTTs thoughts. This always struck me as odd because i don't believe LTT was into Philosophy much either. Ishamel on the other hand was a noted philosopher in the Age of Legends.

Also "But he could feel Lews Therin nodding in approval, a man listening to someone else." This seems to imply it was not Lews Therins thoughts either. If i had to bet money i would say bits of Moridins psyche or persona are slipping across into Rand's head.

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but does it shed any light on the current discussion?

In a reference to an earlier book, Crossroads of Twilight Chapter 24, Rand finds himself thinking about the creators plans and philosophy in general, but he realizes this isnt something he would normally think about and that it must be LTTs thoughts. This always struck me as odd because i don't believe LTT was into Philosophy much either. Ishamel on the other hand was a noted philosopher in the Age of Legends.

Also "But he could feel Lews Therin nodding in approval, a man listening to someone else." This seems to imply it was not Lews Therins thoughts either. If i had to bet money i would say bits of Moridins psyche or persona are slipping across into Rand's head.

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but does it shed any light on the current discussion?

The Moridin theory seems more likely, but I must admit, the first time I read it, I thought it was simply a leak of opinions from Lews Therin to Rand, and when Rand was thinking it, Lews Therin was agreeing with him, since that is obviously how he feels too.

Archived