DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Brown Ajah's Kathana Wayback Machine

Ludmian

Sneaking up behind Jenn Barm paused to reflect on his plan for a moment. Once he decided that he liked it, he nodded, jumped up and pushed Jenn into the moat. Watching her curse at his quasi-roleplaying, Barm pointed and laughed as she stood there, drenched in bytes of the Internet.

What?

It's not that quasi-RP is a bad thing. You guys just like to take it to excessive levels of stupid. STOP CRYING OVER THE DAMN MOAT MONSTER ALREADY! HE ISN'T REAL AND NEITHER ARE YOU!!!

That cracked me up. Seriously. Coffee all over the keyboard cracking up. She does that every now and then, I've noticed.

And Lor, I wonder how many other people have been ambushed by Kathana on PM? This totally out of left field PM that catches you completely by surprise and makes your eyes pop and your heart go all warm an fuzzy? She did that to me. I'm not an oldster, but I think I'll share it with you anyway, because it's something that meant a lot to me, and was a total surprise. And goes to show that it might not look like it on the surface, but I have a sneaky suspicion that Kathana knows all her people on here rather better than we might suspect  ;)

So one day last July, up pops this PM from Kathana, headed: "Elgee my love..."

Instant sphincter contraction, hollow feeling in the gut, ice cold hands and lightheaded feeling, followed by "Ooooooooh *bleep bleep holy mother of dog bleep bleep* I must have FU beyond all possible repair if Momsy herself is sending me a PM *gibber gibber gibber* ...

I get up and pace the room a bit, sit down again with my mouse hovering over the PM, repeat procedure a few times, smoke half a packet of coffin nails, and eventually pluck up the courage to open the PM ...

"I am bored. Would you mind terribly if I put you on trial for treason? "

:o

I think I did a Sally Field, and then gushed a little in my reply. Of all the things she could have done to capture my heart, asking me to HAVE FUN was a stroke of genius. And that trial turned into quite possibly the most fun I've ever had on DM in a 72 hour period.

PS: Lor, we REALLY need a monthly newsletter again ... though maybe not a very big one ...  ;D

Rubs his side where he has been poked extensively

Sheesh!  Can't a man serve his country for a few weeks?  Figures it would be something pertaining to Jenn.  ::)

Hmmmmmm...well, there really isn't any dirt that I have, being that I live 3000 miles away.  Jenn and I were "bonded" over ICQ (dating myself).  I wish I could remember the name of the guy who got us together  :-[  He used to try to get as many people into a group before ICQ had a hissy fit and crashed.  I happen to have been enjoying my 15 minutes of fame when we ended up talking to each other and decided that since, at the time, we were sorta the top people at DM, we should be bonded.  That was all there was to it.  We RPed it on the boards (Don't remember if it was on the BraveNet boards or not).  http://artguyjoe.deviantart.com/art/Many-Moons-Ago-138130448

So then I went out to meet her and this guy named Jimmy, as well as Mary (Soraya).  We went to a park and to Little Five Points.  Jimmy was cool the whole time.  As it stands, Asians have ALWAYS been my best friends, so it stood to reason that he and I would hit it off.  Good thing because the retard that she was dating wasn't fit to lick the toejam out of her toenails ;) (if she had any).

They decided to wait until I was on the other side of the world before they got married, just to be sure that I wouldn't show up and ruin it.  Good thing too, because I would have probably smote everyone there.  Except Steve, because he would drive me into the ground like a tent peg (but he would probably hurt his hand from my hard head, so there!)

I disappeared due to differences in personality with the owner of the site (which has been rectified after all these years), yet we still got together for the occasional DragonCon that she MADE me work, all for a free bed and a ticket (Sheesh, the things I put up with).  Jimmy now takes care of her every whim and I get to keep people from bothering her too much (which is what a Warder is SUPPOSED to do).

So yeah, not all that much to talk about.  We did RP that I got run through by a Gholam's hand once, but I will let someone else tell that story.

um i just made sure she didnt find the ones i was on at all, which means i did 'homework' in room, and read, then hid books when i heard her in the stairs...i also just read the books she didnt want me to read when i was out of the house, remembered the side i was on and put it back when i heard the car

it doesnt pay to raise smart kids :p where there is a will there is a way, in general i was the good one so i didnt even get suspected...less she say caugth me not doing 2 months of math home work, which the school didnt catch as they didnt check books, and i could do it in my head...so the homework was too boring to be bothered with :p

Archived