DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Help Me Break My Block!

TaiDashan

Hello friends and fellow WT'ers, I need your help.

Firstly see Evanen's Bio.

Secondly, I plan on having someone (Most likely Rochel, Evanen's Roommate) already having discovered her particular block, this RP will be a planned event to trick her into channeling thereby breaking her block.

A few things to note before Ideas/Volunteers start flying  ;D

1.) Evanen can only channel out of purely altruistic motive. (i.e. a good friend about to fall to her death, not simply because someone wants tea :P)

2.) I would like to have as many people as want to in on this so feel free to chime in!

3.) This should be something similar to the story in the books where the girl could not channel unless there was a cute boy around or some such. They dressed a girl up to be a boy and then one day revealed the hoax showing her that she could indeed channel etc.

4.) Because of the block I plan on having Evanen staying Novice a couple of years longer than average as it would have been impeding her progress.

5.) I want this to be fun! Let's come up with some clever ideas on how to "Trick" her into channeling. Scare her, bruise her, whatever it takes I want this to be fairly open as far as Ideas..

With that said, have at it! Who wants to help? What do you think would be fun to see as an RP to break her block? Feel free to ask questions here or via PM.

I guess I would have to go with some sort of staged violence. Perhaps a pair sparring, but making it look like a full blown fight where someone ends up getting "injured" and is about to be "killed". Or staging some sort of "near death experience" with one of her friends. You could also take another approach of staging a "near death experience" with her to try and get her to defend herself with the power. Like "capturing" her and holding her "prisoner" and having the captors seem ready to "kill" her.

Arrange an 'accident' in the kitchens.  A big old cauldron of boiling water is going to over turn on another novice.  'Boiling' water turns out to be a small amount of cold water.

Or something like that.  Maybe, if she's going to be a healer, there can be a knife accident, where a novice or cook cuts her arm open.  Big fake wound that she tries to heal.

Just throwing around ideas.

• 2 months later...

*bump*

New development...

See the post here where Evanen learns that she is blocked. We will need all the help we can get with this especially as we will have to do without our lovely Elgee's MoN char...

I would like to have something staged similar to what was mentioned above...please throw out your ideas.

I'd love to be a part of this if I could! Umm..."tricks, tricks"...*taps lips in thought* You'll have to give me some time to think on something if you haven't thought of something already.  ;D

Although, the boiling water idea and knife cutting are pretty good. In fact, Serena could always "assist" with an Illusion of sorts, if that was needed

Serena Morrigan

Blue Ajah

So, I read "So You Think You Can Channel" and I see that Illusions were already used. I was wondering if Evanen would fall for it again? Or if Serena might find out about the block from Deanna somehow, and be able to use something like that again.

I'm sure Evanen wouldn't fall for the same thing twice...

I'd love to have Miya take a go at it.  Being older and stubborn it might be fun to have her come up upon you and an accepted trying to work through your block only to have her decide that scaring the pants off the poor novivce is getting her no where.  After all, even if you do channel when you're scared it doesn't build your confidence in yourself and thusly only re-enforces your block.

Miya might compare it to learning to ride a horse when you're scared of the large animals.  You might hurt yourself accidentally in your fear of riding a horse if you're not first convinced that the horse won't hurt you and eased into the saddle.

My suggestion would be an rp as follows (if you're up for it) ...

*  You're practicing with someone and getting the crap scared out of you when Miya walks by.

*  Miya decides the accepted who is trying to help you is a "foolish child" and pretty much runs off with you sending the girl to go scrub pots because Miya thought the accepted was getting too much joy out of making your novice scared.

*  Miya then tells you that she's going to help you break that block of yours and she proceeds to take you to lunch, the library, and generally has a great day … occasionally talking to you about what you feel when you are being scared, what you think about, etc.  Then at the end of the day she puts you to bed saying ... "tomorrow I'm going to help you break that block of yours." 

*  Days go on like this, over and over… during each day, Miya uses the op in front of your character doing good works (no matter how simple... evne pouring tea for someone) but never points it out verbally.

*  Ideally you eventually would start to wonder what the hell she's doing to help you break your block and when you finally ask she'd point out that it’s the duty of Aes Sedai to serve all - great and small, meek and bold, powerful and weak and that your fear of using the one power to do something other than help people is completely unfonded because NO use of the one power by an Aes Sedai is without reason and our oaths require that those reasons are of the best intention. 

Instead of scaring the block out of her, Miya would want to try to help her come to understand her real fear and to believe that becoming Aes Sedai will make her fears null and void.  Ideally this will help her get past the block and tie her tightly to the tower.

Oh yea, and she won’t mention it but she’ll be gunning for you being tied to her and thusly the blues too *winks shamelessly*

Thoughts?

I think this is a BRILLIANT idea! It works with both the idea that everyone thinks is why she cannot channel (being scared) and why she really cannot channel! (needing an altruistic reason)

After burning down a building in her grief etc she would naturally develop a fear of doing anything but the most selfless of acts in order to survive...

We could NPC an accepted unless Kara J is up for it  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tai!

Just wanted to touch base with you now that Christmas is over... when would you like to start a thread for this?  Would you like to make the first post or should I?  I'm following your lead since this is about your character coming into her own.  ;D

If you feel like it go ahead and throw something up since i have not gotten word from Kara as of yet, so we can go ahead with the NPC idea...

If you don't get something up i will do so shortly (as in a day or two), just make sure to put a link up here and i will do the same ;)

I do want to point out though (in case it is not clear) that her block is needing to channel out of an altruistic desire (saving Deanne) not simply out of fear.

*edit* Serena, you still game? you are free to join!

*edit edit* Sorry, I have been sick :p should get something up this weekend...

*coughs weakly and falls out of computer chair*  :P

Well,

Miya's pretty old and has a big hang up about looking like she needs help *cough*Prideful*cough*, however, she does have to report to her Ajah Head... maybe Serena and I could be taking a lunch to discuss what I've been doing since returning to the Tower (giving me a chance to tell her about some other novices I'm working with too btw) and when I mention nabbing your character up... Serena could inquire and want to at least observe my attempt to break your block?  After all, it's the sort of thing that might make a girl like or dislike the blues depending on Miya's level of success.  

That would give Serena reason to join us on every rp after the first one, if she likes.  What do you say Carly?  You up for something like that?

• 2 weeks later...