DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Thread Previously Known As (Something Else) (Chapter 1 spoiler)

Ziggdiezan

What about the ter'angreal key that Rand uses to access the Choedan Kal? Didn't that little male figurine have a sword? I think I remember it piercing his hand more than once. The Choedan Kal were created about the time of LTT to help him seal the Dark One's prison. Rand recognizes the sword he was given because he had seen it so many times on that ter'angreal. It fits right in his hand because of how much he handled the ter'angreal and its point had pierced his palm so many times.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about the ter'angreal key that Rand uses to access the Choedan Kal? Didn't that little male figurine have a sword? I think I remember it piercing his hand more than once. The Choedan Kal were created about the time of LTT to help him seal the Dark One's prison. Rand recognizes the sword he was given because he had seen it so many times on that ter'angreal. It fits right in his hand because of how much he handled the ter'angreal and its point had pierced his palm so many times.

That ter'angreal did not have a sword. Rand had an angreal which had a sword (the small fat man) but the access key held a globe.

I know its a bit weird to be making wondering about the sword when the chapter came out yesterday but its really getting to me, haha. Where do you think he knows the sword from, if its obvious im sorry maby i missed something in the books. thanks guys

From Charal Drianaan te Calamon, The Cycle of the Dragon. Author unknown, the Fourth Age - Let the Prince of the Morning sing to the land that green things will grow and the valleys give forth lambs. Let the arm of the Lord of the Dawn shelter us from the Dark, and the great sword of justice defend us. Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Is this a reference to the sword in question?

I know its a bit weird to be making wondering about the sword when the chapter came out yesterday but its really getting to me, haha. Where do you think he knows the sword from, if its obvious im sorry maby i missed something in the books. thanks guys

From Charal Drianaan te Calamon, The Cycle of the Dragon. Author unknown, the Fourth Age - Let the Prince of the Morning sing to the land that green things will grow and the valleys give forth lambs. Let the arm of the Lord of the Dawn shelter us from the Dark, and the great sword of justice defend us. Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Is this a reference to the sword in question?

A couple of us have brought that quote up already.  Its unclear whether its a literal reference to an event or not.  Its part of the reason I think its Justice personally.

That ter'angreal did not have a sword. Rand had an angreal which had a sword (the small fat man) but the access key held a globe.

Thanks, Luckers. Well, shoot. That destroys that theory. But, maybe, then, the sword is the one from the fat man angreal.

Interesting theory but i think it fails at the "Buried for Centuries" requirement, if it was the sword of the man sculpted for the CK and it was hidden, it would be 2k buried at least.

Based on the evidence, and political implications i think that the sword is Hawkwing's, but we can't make a sure call until tGS comes out.

Based on the evidence, and political implications i think that the sword is Hawkwing's, but we can't make a sure call until tGS comes out.

Actually....we can.  I've received confirmation from what would be called a 'very reliable source' that the sword is indeed Justice.  And that's ALL that was confirmed to me.

Actually....we can.  I've received confirmation from what would be called a 'very reliable source' that the sword is indeed Justice.  And that's ALL that was confirmed to me.

Who is this "very reliable source"?

I will not divulge who it was, to prevent them being inundated with PMs and emails for more details.  But it is indeed someone who has read the manuscript in full.  They told me that it was ok for me to let you guys know the tidbit about Justice.

:)

It was fairly obvious anyway based on that previous quote that several of us dug up.  Good deal.

Claire's information is accurate.

Oh look! Pictures of Justice!

http://www.brandonsanderson.com/blog/754/My-Sword

This finally makes that Hawkwing quote to Amalasian make sense...after the capture he mentioned something along the lines of "It's not the size of the sword that matters..."  Basically, his entire world empire was an attempt at over-compensating.  Sad but true.

This finally makes that Hawkwing quote to Amalasian make sense...after the capture he mentioned something along the lines of "It's not the size of the sword that matters..."  Basically, his entire world empire was an attempt at over-compensating.  Sad but true.

Could you tell me where you found this quote?  I've got a theory about the two men and haven't found any writings of any verbal exchange between them.

*shakes her head* I still have a Brown streak in things like this.

The Angreal your thinking of is the little green Buddha-like statue with a sword across it's lap. He found that in Tear and kept it with him which helped him to defeat Asmo in Rhuidean.

The Key for the Chodan Kal is holding just an Orb in it's hand, no sword.

Could you tell me where you found this quote?  I've got a theory about the two men and haven't found any writings of any verbal exchange between them.

*shakes her head* I still have a Brown streak in things like this.

I believe its in the BWB...somewhere towards the back. ;)

I don't feel like that means anything. Nowhere in those pictures, nor in the text accompanying them does it call that sword by the name of "Justice". Not to mention that any number of sword replicas from the WoT world could have a Dragon on the scabbard. I know that apparently Claire is a staff member, from what it says below her name and no offense at all but I'm not sure i'm just taking her word based on this and an "unamed source who has read the manuscript in full." I'm not trying to be a dick but am I the only one who thinks it seems a little fishy that we would all read that chapter and start a discussion about the sword...And to then have the answer handed to us a few days later?

I get that we probably would have found out once they release the prologue. But not neccasarily and even still I don't feel like that's something that should have been told to us in the way that it was. No offense to Claire. You're the greatest. I've thought so since the first time I heard of you. Yesterday.  ;D

I don't feel like that means anything. Nowhere in those pictures, nor in the text accompanying them does it call that sword by the name of "Justice". Not to mention that any number of sword replicas from the WoT world could have a Dragon on the scabbard. I know that apparently Claire is a staff member, from what it says below her name and no offense at all but I'm not sure i'm just taking her word based on this and an "unamed source who has read the manuscript in full." I'm not trying to be a dick but am I the only one who thinks it seems a little fishy that we would all read that chapter and start a discussion about the sword...And to then have the answer handed to us a few days later?

I get that we probably would have found out once they release the prologue. But not neccasarily and even still I don't feel like that's something that should have been told to us in the way that it was. No offense to Claire. You're the greatest. I've thought so since the first time I heard of you. Yesterday.  ;D

I can see your point. But, honestly, the clues given in the text SCREAM Justice. And then with the other quotes we have unearthed...

Also, I'm very excited that prophecy is being fulfilled so early in the book. That's a clue that we are finally going to be moving towards the fated conclusion. Something tells me that there will be other important discoveries in this book that will herald the upcoming Last Battle.

Kathana backed her, and when an admin and organiser of DragonCon supports something a staff member has said straight up you can usually trust it not to be bull.

I mean it's not like its april or anything.

Kathana backed her, and when an admin and organiser of DragonCon supports something a staff member has said straight up you can usually trust it not to be bull.

I mean it's not like its april or anything.

Well...Not much I can say to that I guess.  ;D

Archived