DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[MOVIE] Transformers 2

Zashara

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get joy in knowing that with 2/3 of the domestic gross of the first movie in the first 5 days, there will be a third movie coming out that Emp will have a seizure ranting about.  Your $7.00 not spent seeing the movie really hurt them Emp!  Fight the good fight!

*sneaks into thread* I have not read the whole thread but I liked the movie okay. I liked the fact that it had its amusing moments and the action was good....too me anyway.

The small bits I had issues with was at one point it looked like Prime was fighting like seven megatrons....so I had a "who the hell is he fighting" moment LOL There were several times when Bumble bee was there and then a fight would happen and he was gone..so another wtf moment LOL The twins were really bad I have to agree

I grew up with the transformers show and i'm still a child at heart so I guess that's my main reason for likin it. *shrug* I don't expect that everyonen will like it but i did and that's really all that matters *laughs*

I get joy in knowing that with 2/3 of the domestic gross of the first movie in the first 5 days, there will be a third movie coming out that Emp will have a seizure ranting about.  Your $7.00 not spent seeing the movie really hurt them Emp!  Fight the good fight!

Seven Dollars!??  What is that like a Tuesday Matinee where they don't even give you chairs?  You just stand there while the staff vacuums around you.

I now have to see this movie, and I'm going to like it. just because.  How bad can it be?  Megan Fox is hot and Shia Labouf is a funny little guy.  In fact his rapid fire manic ass speach patterns made me appreciate both the original Transformers and Eagle Eye, and Disturbia was awesome.  I grew up on Transformers, and I tend to like Bay movies.  This movie might be the best of the year.  :P

Except G.I. Joe, that better be good, or I'll be as pissed as Empy is about the Transformers.

JD,

Winning, because knowing is only half the battle, since the 80s.

That's Arcee you're thinking of. she was introduced in the '86 movie, the only one that counts, and continued on into the series. She was pretty much the quintessential (spot the pun, Transgeeks) 1980's token girl character, right down to her pink paint job.

Predating her were Elita One, Chromia, and Moonstar, female Autobots who had remained on Cybertron while Prime went gallavanting off to Earth, where they ended up forming an underground resistance against Shockwave's rule of the planet. They were in I think just one episode in the second season.

Later on Beast Wars would introduce Airazor for the good guys and Blackarachnia for the bad guys, and after Airazor turned out to be kind of boring, they killed her off and had Blackarachnia defect over to the good guys, where she continued to be a badass right up until the change from Beast Wars to Beast Machines where she became about as much of a loser as all the rest of the characters did.

Beast Machines also gave the good guys this ugly thing called Botanica, but even the five people who actually liked that show hated her.

Arcee was theoretically in Bayformers 2 for like five seconds, as a purple motorcycle, which ruins the whole joke about her name, but it wasn't her first time as a motorcycle anyway.

Also, all of that came from memory, not research. Make of that what you will.

Also, all of that came from memory, not research. Make of that what you will.

Uh huh.

And for her next trick, Reyler will perform a season 1 through 3 synopsis of the upcoming feature "Battle of the Planets".

Everyone else can just relax and accept that Transformers is awesome.

So I saw Transformers over the weekend. It was certainly a movie. There is no disputing that fact. It was a film which was made and screened and no one can take that away from director Michael Bay. Just like they can’t take away his record-breaking weekend which makes Transformers 2 the second highest opener ever behind The Dark Knight, and causes some of us to wonder whether this whole “civilisation” thing was worth it in the first place.

Sure the film may have been ripped to shreds by critics like a baby dipped in gravy and thrown to wolves, but there’s that huge pile of money it made to basically render all their arguments moot. Sticks and stones may break Bay’s bones but names will never get past the security on his mansion made of platinum.

That said, Transformers did suck pretty badly. But surely we’re getting a little hyperbolic with our criticism? I mean, Bay can at least compose a beautiful shot of something exploding while a pretty girl strikes a spine-bending pose.  Surely it could have been worse, right? I mean, I bet I can think of like, ten ways it could have been worse right now.

1-If the contant flashing, blinding light on screen had induced epileptic fits like that one episode of Pokemon.

2- If instead of just making the Twins hideous racial caricatures, it also went out of it’s way to show the other Autobots being racist to them.

3- If instead of Arcee receiveing 2 lines and little screen time, the movie had revolved around her physically abusive relationship with Bumblebee

4- If President Barack Obama had actually made a cameo in the film, and the Autobots told him they don’t take orders from “the dark-skinned humans”.

5- Is Sam was revealed to have been a Transformer all along.

6- If Michael Bay had just gone ahead and changed the names of the Decepticons to the Terror-Cons, which all came from France.

7- If instead of having the main protagonist be Sam Witwhicky, it was Adolf Hitler.

8- If the Autobots only managed to beat the Fallen with the power of Love.

9- If the movie had somehow given people cancer.

10- If Uwe Boll had directed it.

There. See? I don’t know what all you people are complaining about.

So I still haven't seen the movie, nor will I probably unless it vaults to the top of my priority list.  What I will say is everyone I've spoken to has LOVED Transformers 2. 

I asked "too much action?"

They said "Very Exciting!"

I asked "No plot or character develpmont?"

They said "...huh"

I asked "What about the giant robot balls?"

They replied...excitedly "Yeah, there was this great scene where this army guy was like right under the robot balls, and he said 'I'm right under the balls, or testicles' or something.  It was sooooo funny."

I asked "I heard there were robot characterizations that were horribly racist..."

They said "the funniest part of the movie were those two robots"

This is from a collection of roughly a dozen people I've quizzed.  The reason movies like this do so well is not everyone is smart like those of us on the internets.  Or maybe they can just kick back, relax, and be willing to be entertained without overthinking.  Not sure.  I have a feeling I'll dislike it, not because I hate Bay movies but because I'm guessing it's a lot like Bad Boys II (Sometimes there is such a thing as too much action).  But anyway everyone I've talked to that's seen the movie liked it.

Oh, and Texans are racist.

JD,

Will wait for the DvD.

I just saw the first Transformers again (the first Bay Transformers) and I couldn't stop laughing when what's his face talked about how his grand father conquered the arctic circle.

Hax

Is from the Arctic Circle, but that doesn't make me bad ass (a lot of other things do).

I'll just say that I did not enjoy the movie. Also I thought Megatron got killed like twice throughout the movie because most of the action scenes were a convoluted mess, especially the finale. There wasn't much flow to the battle at all. It was just big explosions and mostly unrecognizable robots shooting each other.

p.s.

I want to know what the rest of the Autobots were doing when a certain something happened in the woods. Correct me if I'm wrong, but why was there never an explanation?

Archived