DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

dream world

lordofsoup

if you go into the world of dreams physically, and you are changed into an animal or somethingelse, do you stay that way?  When Rand and Rahvin, are fighting, Rahvin tries to change Rand into some sort of beast.  if he would stay permantly stay changed, is there any what that you could change your body into something else?  Could Rand enter into the dreamworld physically, and change his body back so he could get his parts back. 

if any of you have read enders game, and the continuation of the ender's story (speaker for the dead, xenocyde) you would understand where i am comming from.  One of the charaters Miro, who suffered nerve damage, is paralyzed.  He goes (outside) in a spaceship transported by jane, a supercomputer.  Outside, he is able to form the image of his body perfectly, and he is able to make it and be healed from his paralysis. 

would it be possible for Rand to fix himself?

if you go into the world of dreams physically, and you are changed into an animal or somethingelse, do you stay that way?  When Rand and Rahvin, are fighting, Rahvin tries to change Rand into some sort of beast.  if he would stay permantly stay changed, is there any what that you could change your body into something else?  Could Rand enter into the dreamworld physically, and change his body back so he could get his parts back. 

if any of you have read enders game, and the continuation of the ender's story (speaker for the dead, xenocyde) you would understand where i am comming from.  One of the charaters Miro, who suffered nerve damage, is paralyzed.  He goes (outside) in a spaceship transported by jane, a supercomputer.  Outside, he is able to form the image of his body perfectly, and he is able to make it and be healed from his paralysis. 

would it be possible for Rand to fix himself?

Miro made a new body, in hyperspace, and transferred his old mind into the new body.  When it returned his old body was a corpse, not healed.

I don't think Rand can make a new body for himself in TAR.  I think the injuries are part of the price he has to pay.

In ‘the Fires of Heaven’ Chapter 34 ‘A Silver Arrow’ Moghedien says to Nynaeve:

I think I will turn you in to a horse. It is quite possible, here. A horse, a mouse, a frog…a cricket. And every time you come to Tel’aran’rhiod, you’ll be a horse, untill I change it. Or some other with the knowledge does so.

Rand can't fix himself in TAR.  Egwene shows this when she went to Salidar in TAR in the flesh.  She had just got strapped and she made it go away so she could sit a horse, but as soon as she left, her sore bottom came back. 

In ‘the Fires of Heaven’ Chapter 34 ‘A Silver Arrow’ Moghedien says to Nynaeve:

I think I will turn you in to a horse. It is quite possible, here. A horse, a mouse, a frog…a cricket. And every time you come to Tel’aran’rhiod, you’ll be a horse, untill I change it. Or some other with the knowledge does so.

Nynaeve and Moghedien weren't there in the flesh. And I think she's lying there. She can change Nynaeve and maintain that change as long as she is in TAR. I think she can even keep Nynaeve from returning to her body (which would result in starvation in the end), but she can't make it so that Nynaeve would be a horse every time she entered TAR.

Rand would not be able to fix himself because once turned into an animal he would have an animal mind. That is why he said he was losing saidin because obviously animals cannot channel. Since he is there in the flesh he has to leave on his own using the power, if he were there normally he could just wake up. He would be normal again if he left, but he wouldn't be able to leave.

I wondered about that too...if making a change to a person's physicality in TAR could be permanent.  Moghedien had more knowledge than anyone else in the World of Dreams, even Lanfear.  She may have been able to manipulate it in such a way that someone could permanently be an animal.

But if TAR reacts to a person's own mental projection or imagination, then it would be a contest of wills...willing yourself to become normal again against the possibly stronger will of the person who turned you into whatever it was.

Rand can't fix himself in TAR.  Egwene shows this when she went to Salidar in TAR in the flesh.  She had just got strapped and she made it go away so she could sit a horse, but as soon as she left, her sore bottom came back. 

That seems the best and simplest argument against. The rules governing TAR are strange. You can get hurt there, and it remains, but not healed.

Archived