DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Birthday Month] Discussion Thread

Jaydena

So it's a bit late but it's here. You are welcome to be involved, to start your own questions, etc.

What is your favorite kind of cake?

What is your favorite kind of tea?

What is your favorite birthday memory?

What is your worst birthday memory?

White cake with white frosting and roses in different colors on it. I also love carrot cake.

Hmmm I don't have a favorite, though I really enjoy the seasonal blends that Lor sent me, which I am out of and they don't send here. *makes note to check on net*

LOL this last year, I had never really had a birthday party, so my friend Rasheta came to my house. They cooked me dinner, threw me a party, and such. It was a wonderful time and one I will never forget.

Oh geez there are several. I had never had a party so for my 11th birtday I invited people without telling my Mom, she said no party. Everyone started showing up and it freaked my Mom out. Though she did go get party stuff. Then my step sister spit up all over my cake. I mean she blew lemonade our her nose all over my first every birthday cake. My other is my step sister asking if she could have a 15th birthday even though it was a 16 and my Mom saying yes and forgetting it was my 16th. She ended up combining our parties, but I had to share my 16th with her and she thought it would be great fun to make out with the guy I was in love with right in front of me. Mind you she only dated him because she saw it in my diary that I liked him. *rolls eyes* So those are my worst memories.

Chocolate and Vanilla Swirl cake with light frosting on top. (Not a big fan of frosting.)

Dunno... not much of a tea drinker.

Getting to pick where I wanted to eat for dinner. ;D

My dad arguing with my grandparents about what I supposedly wanted. *rolls eyes*

I want to ask a question!

What is the best gift you have ever gotten?

Chocolate! Is there any other kind?

Sweet iced tea

Oh I know. I had told my husband that I wanted to see the Lion King a few months before my birthday. It was showing on my birthday. I thought he had forgoteen by the time my birthday rolled around. I ended up having to go into the show crying because he had surprised me with the tickets.

Ahhh. We found out that my dad was to have his leg amputated (sp?) a few days before my 13th birthday. That was the worst.

Tough one. I love chocolate cake but find most of them too sickly, so probably a madeira sponge cake with raspberry and cream filling... or a strawberry meringue.

Earl Grey

When I was about 6 or 7. My Mum made me a cake of a lady in a purple crinoline dress. It was a masterpiece and my pressie was the complete set of Anne of Green Gables.  :D

I'll give this one a miss.

I bet that sucked. And yes, that's spelled right.

It did but it brought my family closer.

You have no idea how happy it makes me to spell something like that right.  :D

There is a low sugar cake and icing mix out now.

It tastes like there is pudding in it. Super good.

Hmmm...

My favorite cake was probably my wedding cake, actually. It was an almond flavored pound cake with cream cheese icing from my favorite bakery on the planet (McIntyre's, just in case anyone is ever craving goodies in the Cobb County area of Northern Georgia).

Southern Sweet Tea, of course! The Nectar of the Gods! *nods*

If you mean hot tea, then I love Celestial Seasoning's Stress Reliever.

The year I moved down here, Dana arranged for my entire family to come visit for my birthday. When I say my entire family, I mean it. My parents, my sister and brother-in-law and my brother, sister-in-law and nephew. I had been really homesick when I had to miss Thanksgiving that year, so he wanted to make sure my birthday was better. *smiles*

The year after we got married, Dana and I had a really big fight on Valentine's Day. As in, he blew it and came home ticked off because even the guys at work told him he was being a #$%#@ about it. My birthday is 8 days after Valentine's Day and I guess I expected him to have learned something. He hadn't. He came home expecting me to cook dinner. I pointed out that I didn't want to cook dinner on my birthday and he blew up. So, I cooked his dinner... then I left and told him to enjoy it. I only drove to the nearest drug store and sat in the parking lot and cried for a while. When I came home he was packing, so we had to have another fight, during which he told me that he thought he'd made a mistake marrying me. Yeah. On my birthday.

Anyone who says the first year after the wedding isn't a rough one... totally needs to come talk to me.

Birthday gift? geez, I don't know if I can answer that! After the fiasco above, Dana ordered me an iPod for my next birthday. He even spent the extra $$ to have it engraved on the back. It says, "Here's hoping for a better birthday. Love, Dana." *smiles* That one was a good one...

Chocolate with chocolate frosting.

Oolong tea.

When my friends had a surprise party for me for my sixteenth birthday. I had been busy with a speech tournament on the actual day and they couldn't believe that I wasn't going to have a party, so they planned one for me.

The first birthday without my mom being there.

Ohhh you know that's a hard question but none the less I will work on answering it. Probably one of the best gifts I have ever gotten was my Aes Sedai flag that Kelly made me. It's the white Aes Sedai symbol on the seven colors with a border of green and it hangs on my wall.

Ok some more questions:

Whats your favorite tea?

What is your favorite food to eat with tea?

If you could have tea anywhere in the world where would it be?

If you could have tea with anyone ever in all of history who would it be?

I love yellow cake with chocolate frosting. That particular combination is delicious. That said, I also like white confetti cake. Oh, and spice cake. That's always been my dad's favorite, we always make him spice cake for his birthday. Oh, and I just thought of another one :P For my sister's graduation party we had this great vanilla cake with strawberry filling. It was huge. Me and my mom lived off that cake for weeks after the party.

I like cinnomon tea, mostly because I like to have a sort of sweet taste to my tea, without putting in sugar. I prefer cinnomon tea for the evening, though, and lemon tea for the morning. Lemon tea has a crisper taste, so it wakes me up.

Oh, and as a couple others have said before me - sweet, Southern iced tea, of course!

I don't have one in particular, but when I was a kid - maybe from four to eleven years old - my mom used to throw me some truly fantastic parties. They were often Disney-themed, based on a movie - there was a 101 Dalmations one, a Sleeping Beauty one, a Jungle Book one. If I remember right, my mom has this Disney book with ideas for parties, complete with cakes. There was a cake that used ice cream cones to make it look like a castle, and a long cake (that was really a bunch of little cakes put together) to look like a snake for the Jungle Book party.

Oh, and another great memory - when I was, like, I don't know, 15 or something, we went to a baseball game and finally got the autograph of my favorite baseball player, Craig Biggio. I'd been trying to get his autograph all season, and finally on my bday (which was also the last game of the season), I got it.

I think that would be last year, which was my 21st LOL. I had school all day, and when I wasn't in class, I was running around trying to plan my own dinner and make my own cake. It was my first birthday without my family. And then I was violently sick after only one drink LOL. Not fun.

Shortbread cookies. They're soo good. Although any kind of cookies goes good with tea.

In England, I suppose. I miss having tea time there, with little sandiwches, and scones. Oh man, do I miss English scones. American scones just do not add up :D

Hmm. I don't know. A princess, maybe :P

Whats your favorite tea?

Southern Sweet<-- iced

Celestial Seasoning's Stress Reducer <-- hot

I honestly don't assign foods with tea. *smiles* Sweet tea is good at every meal. Hot tea, I usually drink while I'm reading my book.

On the deck of a cabin in the woods, while wrapped in a thick blanket and reading a good book. *sighs*

Elizabeth I of England. If it weren't for her, the colonies would never have been born. She managed to hold a country together while people were trying to kill her... I'm fascinated by strong women in times where men dominated the landscape. If Scarlet isn't real, I wanna meet good 'ol Liz!

Whats your favorite tea?

Sweet iced tea. I am not a big fan of hot teas. The only time I drink them is when I have a sore throat.

Dinner. **Look**

Mountian country. On my front porch. with my husband and a blanket.

Wow. There are so many people that I would want to meet and talk with.

I think I would have to start with Amelia Earhart, not just for her flying either. The books she wrote, ideas as to how woman should be viewed, her marriage, there are so many different things that she has been a pioneer.

Whats your favorite tea?

Hmmm I haven't really tried a lot of them but I really like these Celestial Seasonings that Lor sent me, which I am almost out of. I have a Spiced Plum one and a Gingerbread one. Nummy!!

Well I recently discovered chocolate chip scones and those are amazing dipped in tea and I also like muffins.

LOL Ireland or Scotland, I have always wanted to go to those two places and I would love to sit in some pub drinking tea and look out over the rolling green hills of Ireland or the crags and heather of Scotland. *G*

Cleopatra, I am a huge lover of Egyptian history and I always thought that she was an amazingly strong woman, a woman ahead of her times in so very many ways.

LOL well everyone the month is over, on behalf of the Red Sashes, thanks so much for participating in our Birthday month Discussion. Feel free to keep chatting in here.

My favorite kind of cake is PIE. Lemon IceBox Pie to be exact with a raspberry puree swirled beneath it ..... OK OK. Cake... Orange Cake with an Orangy Icing, my mom used to make me those for my birthday.

Refer to Lor above..... if it just has to be hot, then a nice Earl Grey

I've had so many birthdays I've forgotten anything good that ever happened.

What is your worst birthday memory? : See Above.. and on top o' that Girlfriend!

Bad things happen on or about the 28th of March!  to wit:

1535 Bloemkamp Abbey (Oldeklooster) attacked & destroyed

1939 Dutch hunter shoots English bombers down   ;D

1939 Spanish Civil War ends, Madrid falls to Francisco Franco

1944 Astrid Lindgren sprains ankle &  begins writing Pippi Longstocking

1955 Reba McEntire McAlester OK, country singer born... OMG!! (hurls lunch)

1960 Scotch factory explodes burying 20 firefighters (Glasgow Scotland)

1970 1,086 die when 7.3 earthquake destroys 254 villages (Gediz Turkey)

1974 Rock group Raspberries break up   ::)

1979 Major nuclear accident at 3 Mile Island, Middletown PA (no deaths)

1989 New Zealand wins America's Cup over Stars & Stripes, in a New York court   >:(

1995 Julia Roberts & Lyle Lovett split-up  :'(

Danish Butter Cookies in the Blue Tin Hatbox lookin deal..

Overlooking the 18th Green at St. Andrews Golf Course; St. Andrews,Scotland

Captain Henry Morgan... of course!!!  OK..OK.. Sir Robin Knox-Johnston.. The first man (in 1969) to sail single-handed, unassisted and non stop around the world.

Knox_Johnston_Golden_Globe.jpg

on his boat Suhaili, as he sailed towards Falmouth at the end of the Sunday Times Golden Globe Race, 1969.

Archived