DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Galad Vrs Rand

Be'lel speach TDR chapter 55 i think bears out what i have said
It doesn't.

By now Rand is equivilent if not better than Lan
By now, Rand has one hand and is accustomed to fighting with two. He is at a disadvantage.
meaning that Rand was not focussing and thus kind of toying with Toram.
He was hard pushed. And he ended up losing. Maybe if he'd been paying attention, he would have won.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all, people tend to think very low of Valdas skills as a blademaster, which, correct me if i am wrong, seems to be based on nothing but him being a darkfiend.

Since when was Valda a darkfriend?

I believe it was in A Crown of Swords or thereabouts.  A friend is borrowing those books now so I don't have that book presently.  I know it is in tFoH or LoC or ACoS. 

ok lets see whats what 8)

Rand has been a Blademaster since tGH when he defeated Turak( he was a blademaster ) :o

Galad became a Blademaster in KoD defeating Valda ( he was a blademaster ) ;D

Rand could have smacked Toram if he chose to, he was on a taveren kick at the time and didnt take it seriously, he wanted to see if he could taveren twist things and see if he could get to Toram to change in some way, he didn't assume "the flame and void" focus for the fight, he was not in the fight it was just Rand fishing to see what would happen. so using him as a justification to gauge Rand's skill to Lan's is not plausible, also don't forget when Lan fought Toram he wasn't the same , he was far into being corrupted by Fain and was imbalanced ::)

Rand won't take long to adjust his fighting style imo using 1 hand

i think Rand w/ 2 hands would have had a slight advantage over Galad , now one handed i would have to say it would be Galad's advantage (until Rand re-learns his forms) ;)

there is no way in hell Lan would beat Rand and Galad  either one of em would be a serious match for him let alone both  :P

was just thinkin maybe Rand would come up w/ a weave to make himself a gauntlet/ artificial hand made of air for his stump? hehe  ;D

First of all, people tend to think very low of Valdas skills as a blademaster, which, correct me if i am wrong, seems to be based on nothing but him being a darkfiend.

Its Jaichim Carridin in ACOS I think, he serves Sammael. Carridins the one who encountered Shaidar Haran 0.5. Lady Shiane from EotW visited him. In that scene, Carridins PoV shows that he is responsible for the "Dragonsworn." Not sure if any of thats relevant but if it rings bells of what you thought was Valda, that was Carridin. Pretty sure the scene I mentioned was in ACOS, its just when Mat meets Noal after seeing him at the Silver Circuit with Shiane, Sammael and Graendal.

Why would anyone think Valda-or anyone-is crap with a sword based on them being a Darkfriend? Look at Daved Hanlon/Doilan Mellar. Not a blademaster but definitely good with a sword; in the staged ambush on Elayne he killed three or four of his fellow Darkfriends on his own. Granted, they wont have been expecting him to save Elayne in order to integrate himself, but he threw his sword at one who was on top of Elayne.

It's hard to say who would win really. Rand has alot of experience, trained with lan and learnt alot of skills from the aeil. Galad is no slouch either since he was the best student under hammar and coulin and has beaten them as well.

I think it just a case of 50-50 and depends on who turns up on that day. In any case it does not matter since lan can whoop both of their assess  8)

if he wants his hand back so much there's one easy solution balefire that ***** up?

Hahahahaha! Hahaha! *choke, cough, splutter* haha! I never even thought of that! Definitely the funniest thing since the ‘Hitler pissed at the forsaken’ post.  ;D

....  She better spill something useful, FAST.

;D 

I know semi likes to *give* pain and all that, but I can imagine her just laughing any torture off, like ...you guys got sports channels or anything, cuz this is getting painfully BORING.

Yeah I get carried away. On topic though, I’m backing rand.

I believe it was in A Crown of Swords or thereabouts.
It's not and he's not. Valda might not be a nice guy, but he is on the side of the Light. Carridin is the only known Whitecloak Darkfriend. He was revealed as such in TDR, after apearing as "Bors" in TGH.

Rand could have smacked Toram if he chose to
Oh, so he chose to lose. Of course, that makes sense.
No basis for that. Also, he won't have that much time before TG.

the seanchan blademaster rand faced and defeated once he took it seriously

we know b/c it was from rands POV

the toram battle was from mins POV, we cant be sure why he did anything except what min saw and what rand told her which wasnt much

he was there covertly and losing could of been part of some plan to turn toram to his side

we dont know his plan either way b/c of padan fain

so it doesnt count asgainst rand imo b/c we dont know his plan that day

he did have a a plan b/c he could of just traveled from that tent to the palace

Rand was just playin, and scouting the room further, like what better chance would he get being in the middle of the room centre of attention?

While he was trying to keep a skilled blademaster from whacking him with a sparring sword?

he was beat, fair and square, trying to make excuses make no difference.

and since lan defeated he who defeated rand, it goes to say that lan would defeat rand as well.

You cant be serious? watch some sports tournaments its full of one team thrashing another only for the other team to win the whole thing

mat would take out rand easily and even he was very wary of lan.

rand is a channeler, end of story.  when he was sparring against those people at the same time, it is evident that they were allowing him to beat them.

bashere's snivelling remarks afterwards confirms it.

mat would take out rand easily and even he was very wary of lan.

rand is a channeler, end of story.  when he was sparring against those people at the same time, it is evident that they were allowing him to beat them.

bashere's snivelling remarks afterwards confirms it.

u mean the guys who were getting payed extra if they hit him and actually managed to hit him?

I believe it was in A Crown of Swords or thereabouts.
It's not and he's not. Valda might not be a nice guy, but he is on the side of the Light. Carridin is the only known Whitecloak Darkfriend. He was revealed as such in TDR, after apearing as "Bors" in TGH.

No basis for that. Also, he won't have that much time before TG.

Bornhold was a darkfriend too, correct?

Also - Contrary to popular belief, being able to deal with a ton of pain, doesnt make you a better swordsman.. the goal is to0 not take a hit at all anyway...

1 last thing due to being a warder, i think rand would have an advantage over galad, more durability, stamina, etc.

Also - Contrary to popular belief, being able to deal with a ton of pain, doesnt make you a better swordsman.. the goal is to0 not take a hit at all anyway...

not all fights end in a single blow so if u r able to withstand pain its an advantage over some who would get distracted

Archived