8 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your favorite MI character?

• Mike
    • Sully
    • Randall
    • Boo
    • The Abominable Snowman
    • Other (Tell us in your post!)

Welcome to our Movie of the Week #3 - My favorite Monsters, Inc!

OK, I'm going to do things a tiny bit different than the last two movie threads. Since my pockets are overflowing with points, but my clock is not overflowing with time, each day I'm going to post a quote from the movie and a trivia question. Each day you can only answer ONE of the TWO questions, to give everyone a chance to play.

We do also have a poll so that you can tell us who your favorite MI character is, too - so remember to vote!

Got it? Ready? Ok, here we go!

Quote #1 - There's nothing more toxic or deadly than a human child.

Trivia #1 - The sushi bar Harryhausen's is a reference to a real person. Who is he and what did he do?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The sushi bar Harryhausen's is a reference to a real person. Who is he and what did he do?

Ray Harryhausen was a special effects creator noted for his stop motion animation (model animation) techinquies.

I voted other in the poll. My favorite character is the monster that falls on the jacks and gets hit in the head with the soccer ball in the first part of the movie. I giggle every time I see it.

My door would probable have vines and trees painted on it, being outdoorsy and all.

Hmm... my door...

*would be purple!

*would probably have flowers all over it, but not the kiddie flowers like Boo's. They'd be... real flowers. :)

*Maybe it would be stained glass instead of wood... so the light from my reading light would make it shimmer...

eh, I'm flighty tonight, it seems. *laughs*

OK, day #2!! (And I still want to hear about your doors!)

Quote Day #2 - You let me go, I'll give you ... a ride ... in the car.

Trivia Day #2 - Who was originally offered the part of Sully?

That's right! They offered it to him, and when they didn't hear back, they assumed he didn't want it.  ;)

Quote Day #3 - Oh. So *that's* puce.

Trivia Day #3 - The Snowman describes the children in the Himalayan village as "Tough kids, sissy kids, kids who climb on rocks". Where does this originally come from?

Both correct!  :) :)

Quote Day #4 - Sushi? Sushi? You think this is about sushi?

Trivia Day #4 - When Boo pulls on the stacked DVDs in Sulley's apartment and they all come falling down, what DVD is she holding?

Archived