DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Really Awesome Scenes!

adverge

Two scenes for me.

First is Taim's. "Kneel to the dragon reborn or you will be knelt!" scene.

Second is Narishma's(<3):"His name was Eben Hopwil, remember him!" scene.

I seem to like Asha'man being loud mouthed and demanding.. Oh well

I agree - the scene where Taim and Rand make the Aes Sedai kneel, after that battle... DAMN. That whole page got me all tingly hehe.

The scene where Perrin cuts off one of the Shaido's hands, and has an Aes Sedai heal the stub, in order to find out info about Faile... that shit was MAD.

Any scene where Rand got to make Aes Sedai cower  was always awesome.

Oh. And .. well, this is an extended scene - the part where Egwene ended up getting alot of loyalty from the novices in the White Tower - particularly the part where they all stood for her as she entered the room where they eat - that was SNAP awesome.

A lot of mine have been mentioned, but one I rarely see is when Perrin gets to be a smith again in Tear, if only very briefly. To really see how important getting a bit of normality back in his life was to him. only to get ripped back to his new life.

Nynaeve's Malkier speech in the borderlands- That was by far the most moving passage in the whole series.

That allmost made me weep to :D I did get goosebumps (spelling?) all over the body i did have to take a brake from reading that night...until last day. It was totaly..Epic.

Odd one's I rarely see mentioned that always make me smile.

1)  Aviendah's boat trip.  Just hilariously great writing.

2)  Gareth and Siuan after she is un-stilled.  When you get to see how much they obviously care for each other.

3)  Aviendah in the PoD where she casts the fireballs at the seanchan as the flee the farm.  "Come dance with me!"  awesomeness.

4)  Rand being intriduced and accepted into the Far Dareis Mai society at the end of tSR.  "A son of a maiden has come back to us, and we know him".

5)  Matt after the Shaido attack in tFoH, getting sewn up by Nerim.  "That's my leg, not a bloody side of beef!"  Aside - Nerim is without a doubt the best minor character.  "Perpetually mournful" :)  "My Lord's leg is not a side of beef.  Thank you my Lord, for instructing me".  Hilarious!

6)  Rand's lines at the end of tGH.  (sic) "In a thousand times I have never bowed to you.  I know it.  Come, it is time to die."

7)  Also, at the end of tGH, when Egwene obliterates the Seanchan column. "I will not be chained again".  I like how quietly resolved she is in that scene.  Controlled rage.

8)  Nyneave's reaction to Rand after he kills Rahvin.  He comes up the stairs bloodied, with eyes like ice.  She is actually terrified of him.  And then he gives the "Lan" speech.  Just brutally emotional.

9)  When Elayne and Nyneave apologize to Matt.  No, I cannot do this justice.  Every scene with Matt in aCoS is just perfect.  It's my favorite book in the series because the dialogue and character development is unparalleled anywhere else.  "Bloody women!  Bloody promises!"  Lan and Nyneave, Elayne grows up, the Kin, Matt kicking ass, master of blades, rand's amazing ending (from A Bath onwards) - awesomeness.  Sigh - man what a book.

10)  For some reason the Cyndane and Alivia fight, even though it is not elaborated upon, is awesome to me.  The greatest ever vs a wilder living weapon.  My imagination has a hard time doign it justice.

11)  WH, when Rand bonds the three women.  Lan's reactions are fantastic.  "an intense examination of his pipe bowl" lmao.

12)  Alanna's "let us help you speech" at the end of WH.  I know luckers disagrees, but I really think she has grown up a lot since we first met her.

13)  Rand's callandor lightning ball in tSR.  How moriane is afraid of him as he shakes with the power.  Also, the scence post Rand's reflection fight where he and Moraine squibble.  "Don't harry me Moraine, I won't run for you either."  Just a great scene.

Man I could go on and on.

• 1 month later...

Logain in chains, laughing when he sees the true Dragon blazing with light in teotw.

Rand practicing the sword against five men while the nobles watch at the start of LoC, and Bashere throwing the dagger at him after the fight to try and prove his point about Rand not needing a sword.

The scene in the tent in tFoH where Lan watches Mat with respect, surprise and curiosity while Mat formulates battle plans against the Shaido.

Birgitte admonishing the girls for the way they've treated Mat, after learning that he entered the Stone while the black Ajar and two forsaken were around. I loved this scene espeically because I spent all of the time between TDR and then furious at them for not giving Mat more respect. He does way more without the power than any of them manage with it.

Uno and co watching in awe as Galad carves through rioters with his sword

And, of course, the best scene of all - "Kneel to the Lord Dragon, or you will be knelt"

9)  When Elayne and Nyneave apologize to Matt.  No, I cannot do this justice.  Every scene with Matt in aCoS is just perfect.  It's my favorite book in the series because the dialogue and character development is unparalleled anywhere else.  "Bloody women!  Bloody promises!"  Lan and Nyneave, Elayne grows up, the Kin, Matt kicking ass, master of blades, rand's amazing ending (from A Bath onwards) - awesomeness.  Sigh - man what a book.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My brother and my dad always tell people that book 7 is where the story starts to go down hill.  After my second time reading it, I told them they were nuts!  Basically every scene with Mat has me giggling gleefully.  I mean heck, he freakin fights a gholam in that book!  And there's even a Power battle in Shadar Logoth!  How much cooler does it get???

'Mashira' scene. And 'World's End'.

'Mat vs Galad & Gawyn'. It tells us that Mat isn't just another cameo for Rand.

'You're to be the next Amyrin Seat.' Enough said. Stunned for days.

'Spanking Aes Sedai.' How kinky. <_<; Nah, seriously,because I hate that particular Aes Sedai.

'Apologies to Matt.'

'Verin hardly touched her plans at all.' It shows that being shallow can be fatal.

I think it was really epic when Perrin and the gang go to meet the badass Seanchan to make a deal about the Shaido. They meet and you get the sense that the Banner-Generals are acting all high and mighty and Perrin is like "well we aren't really soldiers like you, but we grew up in forests like this hunting and defending our homes," and he holds up the branch and the two Two Rivers bowman shoot two arrows from either side clear through the branch completely out of sight. And then Perrin is like "but if we have to fight you won't even see us kill you as your armor won't do you much good against a Two Rivers bow. And then Banner-Generals are like "Oh My!" It was really well written and I was even like "Oh ****!" That was pretty cool of Perrin even though he managed to still mention how much he lends himself to Faile.

A lot of mine have been mentioned, but one I rarely see is when Perrin gets to be a smith again in Tear, if only very briefly. To really see how important getting a bit of normality back in his life was to him. only to get ripped back to his new life.

Scenes like this may not be "awesome" but they make the series, for me, go from good to great.

Another small scene that I always enjoy reading when I come upon it is the very first time Egwene finds out about Mat's ter' angreal. The one where Nynaeve kicks Mat, Mat intimidates Nynaeve (finger shake = priceless) and then Mat makes a fool of himself trying to convince Egwene to leave, not realizing she's the Amyrlin Seat. And Mat somehow still managing to leave with dignity. I just like the change of roles from Emonds Field where Nynaeve was the authority, Egwene was trying to be more grown up, and Mat was a young wastrel. (well some things don't change ALL that much...)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived