DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Perrin getting it on with berelain?

Lord Nik

i dont understand how perrin lasted as long as he did, he takes on Aiel a foot taller than him with a 10 pound hammer while they have spears.  They grow up around weapons, he just picked it up, and if he turned to the DO then he would become a darkhound?

As someone else said, Blood of Manetheren.  Also, remember: regardless of how the Aiel are built up over the series, they are not supermen.  Remember, the clan chiefs themselves said when they fight the Shienarans, they do happen to lose, they imply it's an even fight.  I basically think of the average Aiel soldier as the equivalent of an elite Wetlander soldier.  The Borderlanders fight as well as the Aiel, as do the Warders.  The normal soldiers, not so much.  Their average skill is shifted, but they reach the same heights and have the same standard deviations in eliteness.

By the time Perrin fought Aiel, he had fought in a ton of battles on his own verses various people, and had a strong basis of training by Lan throughout the first book.  He also has the Blood of Manetheren 'strong in him' according to Moiraine.  The wolfkin stuff probably gives him some some ability as well, not with swinging a hammer but in dodging and fighting tactics in general.  All this training built up.  He's also ta'veren, so if he needed to learn quickly, to fulfill his role as the Wolf King ... he would.

Basically he's probably hell on wheels by now, though not as good as Rand is.  Equivalent to Mat, probably, who hasn't fought in as many battles himself as Perrin did, but has all those memories so it evens out.

Basically he's probably hell on wheels by now, though not as good as Rand is.  Equivalent to Mat, probably, who hasn't fought in as many battles himself as Perrin did, but has all those memories so it evens out.

Equivalent to Mat?  I highly doubt that.  If Rand had both hands but couldn't channel, I'd take Mat in a fight over him any day.  I don't think Perrin would stand a chance against Mat in a one on one fight.  Mat has all those memories, a better weapon, he is more agile, while Perrin is stronger, Mat also has that ridiculous luck.  Before the memories, when the luck wasn't as strong as it currently is, and while weak he beat Gawyn and Galad at the same time, with a weapon obviously inferior to the one that he currently holds.  Yeah, I know, whether Perrin or Mat are the more dangerous fighter is pointless, splitting hairs, and nothing we will ever know for certain.  But aren't pointless debates, that are splitting hairs and no one can ever win the entire purpose of the internet? ;-)

Equivalent to Mat?  I highly doubt that.  If Rand had both hands but couldn't channel, I'd take Mat in a fight over him any day.  I don't think Perrin would stand a chance against Mat in a one on one fight.  Mat has all those memories, a better weapon, he is more agile, while Perrin is stronger, Mat also has that ridiculous luck.  Before the memories, when the luck wasn't as strong as it currently is, and while weak he beat Gawyn and Galad at the same time, with a weapon obviously inferior to the one that he currently holds.  Yeah, I know, whether Perrin or Mat are the more dangerous fighter is pointless, splitting hairs, and nothing we will ever know for certain.  But aren't pointless debates, that are splitting hairs and no one can ever win the entire purpose of the internet? ;-)

You have to remeber that Mat doesn't fight in most of his battles, not that he is a coward, but because he is the general and has to give orders to particular branches of his band, as the battle progresses. Perrin has fought at Falme, killed over a dozen whitecloaks, fought and led an entire campaign against shadowspawn in the Two Rivers. Fought Aiel at Dumai Wells and Malden, riduclously outnumbered in almost all of these encounters and has come out on top. Also in TDR we learn that when Perrin is shooting at the Darkhounds, that Perrin is the second best longbowmen among the youth in the TR. The first being Rand, and the best in all the Two Rivers is Tam.

Not to say, Mat hasn't seen his fair share of combat or victories in battle, but Perrin without any riduclous luck or memories of great generals past, has perform very well as a commander. He has done well with what he has got, Faile provides alot of help by giving Perrin advice from her father, and in KOD he also learned alot more complicated battle tactics from the Seachen General Tylee.

Yeah to debate about this on the internet is stupid and also since that both characters are on the same side. But just trying to point out that Perrin isn't some idiot and would be a forminable oppenent to anybody wether in a battle or duel and he does without any insane amount of luck and the memories of past generals.

A few things..

<b> how on earth is Perrin going to merge with Fain? Makes no sense!!!

proof?!?!?!?! </b>

And as much as I love Perrin and splitting hairs.

Mat would kick Perrins a!@ in a fight. Not only did he beat 2 warders in training. (one of them who killed Hammar in a one on one duel!) But Mat has dominated in every situation. He was an accomplished fighter before the memories... and with them now? I believe he could even take rand (as long as he plays fair and doesnt channel! All this is moot of course same side and everything but I believe Mat is one of the most dangerous non channelers alive. (not including people with f!@#$d up powers like *slayer* and fain.)

And I think Mat could take those guys too!

(you'll never guess who my favourite character is)

A few things..

proof?!?!?!?! </b>

LoL! Ok here is the story. The night I posted that...I was drunk. I hope this doesn't get me in trouble. Anyways, I had one to many bottles of Guiness and was feeling silly. I was going to try and post a big story comparing Luc/Isam to Perin/Fain and make up a buch of stuff. All based on the Radliorn Skew...I thought if I said the "Delorian Skew" it would have been to obvious. Anyways, it wasn't that funny...was just playing.

Anyways I still hope Perin turns to the shadow. We could use him over here...um...aww...nevermind...

A few things..

proof?!?!?!?! </b>

LoL! Ok here is the story. The night I posted that...I was drunk. I hope this doesn't get me in trouble. Anyways, I had one to many bottles of Guiness and was feeling silly. I was going to try and post a big story comparing Luc/Isam to Perin/Fain and make up a buch of stuff. All based on the Radliorn Skew...I thought if I said the "Delorian Skew" it would have been to obvious. Anyways, it wasn't that funny...was just playing.

Anyways I still hope Perin turns to the shadow. We could use him over here...um...aww...nevermind...

Ah ok  ;D

So busy being serious joke went right over my head! Ha got some brewsky theories going. Those can be very ridiculous and awesome

But Mat has dominated in every situation.

One could say the same for Perrin. He's killed a darkhound and scores of whitecloaks and aiel and trollocs. I just don't see why some people think Perrin couldn't stand a chance against Mat.

But as the poster above stated this is stupid to debate so this will be my last post on this topic. 

I think it would depend on the fight. If we're going with hand to hand combat, I think Perrin would crush Mat. Like one punch of his burley arm and Mat's out cold. As long as Perrin can get in close and get a hand on Mat, Mat's toast. But if Mat can keep his distance and get in and out he could do a lot of damage to Perrin.

If they are both armed with spears or bow staffs then Mat's definitely got the advantage. He has the skills, the memories, Perrin would be in trouble.

If they're both armed with hammers or axes, Perrin's got the advantage again because of his muscles and skill with those weapons.

If however we're going Mat with his spear, and Perrin with his hammer going at it, then I would probably give it to Mat because he's got the reach and his weapon can move faster. However, if Perrin lands a blow, it would be devastating and probably the end of the match right there.

But then this is just a dumb silly debate.

No way would Perrin turn to the shadow for Faile's sake.  Recall the discussion between Perrin, Arganda(sp?), Sulin, and Berelain regarding possible ransom for Faile.  Perrin totally rejected it out of hand even though it could have meant that Faile would have been freed.  He said that the Aiel would pay for harming Faile although there was no guarantee that he would get Faile out.

One could say the same for Perrin. He's killed a darkhound and scores of whitecloaks and aiel and trollocs. I just don't see why some people think Perrin couldn't stand a chance against Mat.

But as the poster above stated this is stupid to debate so this will be my last post on this topic. 

Mat would have more of a chance because of the awesome factor.

Perrin lost most of his awesome factor when he met Faile.

Just basing the "fight" on that fact alone would make Mat the winner.

GAME OVER

My last input on the matter as well...

I've never thought about it before but all this talk about who could take whom has got me thinking that instead of fighting each other what would happen if Rand, Mat and Perrin were together again and in cooperation.  I think it would be nothing short of badass to see the three boys reunited and kicking some shadowspawn ass together, each using his individual skills to make them an unstoppable force.  Now that I think about it I really hope we get a scene like that.  Perhaps just before Rand advances to SG to take on the DO or Moridin or whomever he faces there.  Would make a nice contrast to how they pretty much depended on Moiraine and Lan for protection when their journey began.

I honestly think they need to be together to seal the Dark One. They are, after all, ta'veren.  And the Dark One's prison is the pattern.  The Bore is basically a hole in the Pattern, a weakening.

What will happen when all /three/ ta'veren, people who the Pattern warps around, go to the Bore?  I think the Pattern will flow over the Bore and re-seal it.  They only seal it peripherally.  The issue will be managing to survive till it happens with Moridin, Shadar Haran, and so on.

Personally, I believe that with only one hit from his hammer, Perrin would totally defeat Mat in a fight, because Perrin is like three times stronger than Mat.

And all his super muscles would stop Mat's spear going into Perrins heart how?

bah ive done it again!

sigh*

Yea I cant wait till the three boys are back together again. Thats going to be pretty awesome

Um... the same way that Perrin's "super muscles" and fighting skills give him what he needs to defeat in combat each and every opponent he has come up against? :D

However, I agree with everyone else. It is waaaaay past time for our three young Tav'eren to be back together again. I predict that the three of them together will be a crucial part of the plan to defeat the Dark One and the Forsaken.

I would point out that Mat has gotten killed much more frequently that Perrin.  I believe the death count is Mat:3, Perrin:0

Mat has experienced death hundreds of times, and he remembers thousands of battles.  He is faster, more flexible, luckier, and has a deadlier weapon with a longer reach.  Perrin is stronger, and has a wolf's instincts.  I have to give it to Mat.

The real question is: Tuon or Faile?

I wouldn't want either for a wife, but in a fight I choose Tuon.

That's like saying a Lioness Vs a Peacock. One is all puffed up & full of talk. The other is a genuine fighting machine.

Tuon would gut Faile with one hand tied behind her back.  :D

At First neither I kill myself, their both nobles tend to be very annoying and narsisstic when talking to "commoners". I laughed so hard when Tuon even thinks of Mat as "Toy". Which is why I wouldn't want her for a wife. I'd side with Post Malden Faile she seems to have mature and was the only one among the prisoners with the stones,(pun intended) to do anything about captivity in a logical way. But if it is pre Malden Faile then I just wouldn't pick either.

In a fight It would be close, both are trained to use hand to hand comabt, Faile isn't as good at it as Tuon or Berelain for that matter, but she does have knives and tips from her aiel girlfriends, so I'd say 50/50. But Tuon does have the capacity to channel and if she can learn how to control even a drop of it then game over.

At First neither I kill myself, their both nobles tend to be very annoying and narsisstic when talking to "commoners". I laughed so hard when Tuon even thinks of Mat as "Toy". Which is why I wouldn't want her for a wife. I'd side with Post Malden Faile she seems to have mature and was the only one among the prisoners with the stones,(pun intended) to do anything about captivity in a logical way. But if it is pre Malden Faile then I just wouldn't pick either.

In a fight It would be close, both are trained to use hand to hand comabt, Faile isn't as good at it as Tuon or Berelain for that matter, but she does have knives and tips from her aiel girlfriends, so I'd say 50/50. But Tuon does have the capacity to channel and if she can learn how to control even a drop of it then game over.

Are you insane? In a fight Tuon would wipe the floor with Faile..

I have to give it to Mat.

Until a pack of wolves comes in and eats him for dinner.

Ok everyone. This is getting worse than those Pirate Versus Ninjas talks that plague the internet. Lets not bring the best Characters in WoT down to the same level.

Are you insane? In a fight Tuon would wipe the floor with Faile..

Are you Insane? Faile would use her power of metamorphiss and turn into a falcon and bite Tuon and run away and keep that up till she is skelator... 8)

But seriously, Lord Nik is right, this thread is starting to turn into Spike's new TV show Deadliest Warrior except less cool because its on a internet forum.

Archived