DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Perrin getting it on with berelain?

Lord Nik

We obviously all know something is up/going to happen from the hawk falcon perching going on on* perrins shoulder.

It almost looks like he could marry her (berelain) which would be really ironic and funny because..

of the 3 friends Rand, Mat and Perrin. Mat was the *party'er - have fun - go and be indecent with girls*

And Rand and Perrin were the more responsible types

And Rand now has 3 wives...

Perrin (maybe 2)

Mat has the big number

one...

;)

So the whole Hawk on Perrin's shoulder is just Berelain chasing Perrin but never getting him?

Basically.  Both were trying to put a leash around his neck as per Min's vision, and Faile got one and Berelain was trying (and failing).

My main worry is that Faile will hear the rumors that he /did/ (because they saw him asleep at Berelain's after he passed out) and will go berserk in typical Faile fashion.

So the whole Hawk on Perrin's shoulder is just Berelain chasing Perrin but never getting him?

Basically.  Both were trying to put a leash around his neck as per Min's vision, and Faile got one and Berelain was trying (and failing).

My main worry is that Faile will hear the rumors that he /did/ (because they saw him asleep at Berelain's after he passed out) and will go berserk in typical Faile fashion.

But in Min's vision it is the Hawk and not the Flacon that has the leash attached to Perrin.  At first I thought this symbolized that Faile truely loved Perrin while Berelain just wanted to posess him, but since then I have come to realize that Berelain isn't like that.  It turns out that she is a decent person, and is actually more likable that Faile in alot of ways.

Considering that Faile has been hanging around a couple of Aiel women an awful lot I've often wondered if she and Berelain will eventually set aside their differences and agree to become sister wives.  Don't know how this would come about, perhaps Berelain saves Faile's life or better yet saves Davram Bashere's life.

Considering that Faile has been hanging around a couple of Aiel women an awful lot I've often wondered if she and Berelain will eventually set aside their differences and agree to become sister wives.  Don't know how this would come about, perhaps Berelain saves Faile's life or better yet saves Davram Bashere's life.

Not very likely, unless Perrin starts wearing white.  Min said Berelain would fall head over heels for a man in white.  Coincidentally, the remaining Whitecloaks who are heading towards Tar Valon are passing not far from where Perrin is.  The other option is a gai'shain, but introducing a gai'shain this late in the game... probably not.

I don't see it. I think Berelain is over Perin and only wanted him to screw with Faile. Besides, I still say Perin is a stones throw away from being a dark friend.

Why is that? I can't remember him doing any suspicious stuff?

He went nearly mad with rage when Faile was taken and later said he would forsake everything for her. I said he didn't care about the Light, the last battle, Rand or anything compared to her. He said he was willing to deal with the DO if it meant getting her back and that he would to do so. I saw RJ as setting up a character to turn like Dem/Sam had. Were they not Lews friends/generals before going over? I suspect he won't. I am sure Perin will stay good but I just think that RJ had a reason for all the boring background story line with Perin and Faile. If anything, he made it clear that when it came to Faile, Perin would do anything. What if it turned out she was a dark friend? What if she gets killed by a good guy some how or just dies, will he go nuts? What if some turn of events happened that put Davram or Rand in a position to kill her. For example, she turns out to be a darkfriend and Davram or Rand find her and know. What if they decided to kill her or something...imagine how Perin would react. He would consider that an act of war and as he said, (not in these words) screw the light if it means losing her. What if the shadow captures her, and offers her safe return for his allegiance? I read it as RJ having made it clear that Perin is willing to do anything including becoming a dark friend for Faile. I think RJ set a perfect background plot up should Perin decide to dance with the darkies.

That makes sense him becoming a DF but....

isnt he necessary for the last battle? Wolf King Something's?

Or maybe becoming a DF will help Rand win the last battle! One of those things where everything you do to help your side doesn't work and sets up a series of events that makes Rand win!

... I sorely hope not but very idle speculation can make ideas like this come up... ::)

And what viewing did Min have of Galad and Berelain? 

That makes sense him becoming a DF but....

isnt he necessary for the last battle? Wolf King Something's?

Or maybe becoming a DF will help Rand win the last battle! One of those things where everything you do to help your side doesn't work and sets up a series of events that makes Rand win!

... I sorely hope not but very idle speculation can make ideas like this come up... ::)

And what viewing did Min have of Galad and Berelain? 

That she would fall for an incredibly beautifull man wearing white or some such.

People say a lot of things they may never have to act on. Perrin might have done just what he said but if that situation came up it might have been impossible for him to do so no matter how much he wanted to. Like a father who's children get killed or raped and he vow vengeance but can't actually do it when the chance comes.

**Spoiler**

I just did a "Procurean Read" in a circle of thinkers basically dedicated to WoT. They are writers who love to read and like college teachers disect the books. I went in there a few months ago and was surprised to see WoT was on the hotlist. Tonight they did it and I kept the focus on Perin. The agreement is that Perin will merge with Fain. Fain and Perin merge into a new evil. RJ clearly has this set up. I never would have thought it until we went over each of the characters lines, story, plot and background. Fain was looking for Perin and has the ability to sense Rand.

I cannot believe I didn't see this before though after about two hours of disecting all the miniscule info I am not surprised at the same time. It bases off a chart, I forget the name, something like a Radliorn Skew, that can virtually predict book endings with 99% accuracy. Perin is in fact going to be a leader for the shadow and maybe the head guy under the DO. It is based off of two things, his love and willingness to do anything for Faile, and Padan Fain.

Rand will have to actually kill Perin to get to the DO. The lesson Cadsuane has to teach Rand is parallel to the lesson Verin must teach him; to be able to kill Perin and actually do it and remain sane after.

I will be very happy when Perrin and Fain don't merge at all, and this prediction is demonstrated to be unequivocally ludicrous.  This is one of the more outlandish predictions I've seen.

Oh come on, it was kinda funny...or no? I thought it was anyways.

i dont understand how perrin lasted as long as he did, he takes on Aiel a foot taller than him with a 10 pound hammer while they have spears.  They grow up around weapons, he just picked it up, and if he turned to the DO then he would become a darkhound?  because of the wolf thing?

he could be turned by a darkhound, they can make wolves into darkhounds cant they?

i dont understand how perrin lasted as long as he did, he takes on Aiel a foot taller than him with a 10 pound hammer while they have spears.

Blood of Manetheren.

They grow up around weapons, he just picked it up, and if he turned to the DO then he would become a darkhound?

No. He'd become a Darkfriend who could talk to wolves. If he gave into his wolf side, then he'd be a human who acted like a wolf and who killed for the Shadow.

He's not literally a wolf, you do realize that, don't you?

Archived