DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Do you want any sequels/prequels after AMOL?

Razor

What books do you want to see written the most after WOT is done?   

41 members have voted

1. 1. What books do you want to see written the most after WOT is done?

• 1) None, leave Jordan's masterwork alone
    • 2) Outrigger series, Mat and Tuon retake/unify Seanchan Empire
    • 3) Prequel Tam's story
    • 4) Prequel...older history
    • 5) option 2 and 3
    • 6) option 2,3, and 4...I want everything WOT I can get
    • 7) option 2 and 4
    • 8) option 3 and 4, I dislike Mat or the Seanchan enough I do not want to read this

If RJ left enough notes to flesh out Tam's story and Mat and Tuon's adventures I would definately want the books written but only if Brandon Sanderson wrote them. While am interested in reading additional WOT material I would not want WOT to degenerate to the level of Star Wars where the original vision of the primary works is hardly relevant to the newer material.

After a MOL (either one or two books) and the two other possible novels cited above I might trust Brandon Sanderson enough (with Herriot being the editor) to let him expand on the WOT world to areas where RJ left no or only spotty notes. I would however, have serious problems with a third author writing in the WOT universe.

I don't think that anyone should do the outriggers with Mat and Tuon. Maybe release it like the Strike on Shayol Ghul was released, and then it would work.

However, what needs to be done are the prequals. At the very least the one about Moiraine. Unless I am horribly forgetting something important, it's never quite explained how Moiraine knew where to go and how she got there in time. That is a fairly important story to tell.

I agree with the sentiment that I don't want a third author. I've read Sanderson's work, and I truly believe he can do a good job to somewhat mimic RJ. However, I don't think that a third author somewhat mimicing Brandon Sanderson somewhat mimicing RJ would work very well. Lots would be lost.

I'd like to see Mat and Tuon retake Seanchan, but only if Olver was in it. It'd be good to see him become a young man, to see him develop like we saw the others. If Olver became the archrogue type, like Jimmy the Hand from Ray Feists Riftwar saga, it would fit him well I think.

Most of all, I'd love to read the Tuon and Mat story. Tam's story would be good, too. I sure hope RJ left notes enough to make it possible. I think he might have. He said he had 30 years of storytelling in his head. In all probability he told some people (and probably wrote some ideas down).

I have to have the Tam story. I feel that that one is still unresolved mainly in the main sequence story. And it's such a CRUCIAL plot point to everything. I would also love to have the story of Moiraine and Lan coming to Emond's Field. And the outriggers probably aren't necessary in the least, but I'd buy and read anything WoT related. Even if Brandon Sanderson, or somebody else, had to write them.

I have to have the Tam story. I feel that that one is still unresolved mainly in the main sequence story. And it's such a CRUCIAL plot point to everything. I would also love to have the story of Moiraine and Lan coming to Emond's Field. And the outriggers probably aren't necessary in the least, but I'd buy and read anything WoT related. Even if Brandon Sanderson, or somebody else, had to write them.

How is Tam's backstory as you put it Crucial? Don't we already know enough that he picked up Rand from Dragounmount and brought him to Two Rivers to raise? I understand people are curious but *crucial* I disagree with.

I think I rather not see anything else written other then aMoL. I'm just not sure I want to see another Author even Brandon doing them. Though I may end up getting them out of sheer curiosity myself. *sigh*

How is Tam's backstory as you put it Crucial? Don't we already know enough that he picked up Rand from Dragounmount and brought him to Two Rivers to raise? I understand people are curious but *crucial* I disagree with.

How is it not cruical? It's a significant moment in the history of not only Rand's life but the entire universe of WoT. If Joe the Bartender, or some Lord from Illian, or an Aielman, or an Aes Sedai had stumbled upon this baby we'd have a VERY different story. If he hadn't been found and was left to die in the snow, we'd have a VERY different story. But instead, through the power of the weave it just happened that Tam comes to him at just that point and rescues him from death, takes him to his barren wife, and moves out to back woods of no where to raise the Savior of the world, where he'll  be raised not as the future Dragon, but as a regular farm boy. I mean this is it. This is the moment of Rand's birth. New Spring gave us the prophecy and what the Aes Sedai were doing at the time, and that's all well and interesting, but I find the birth of our hero to much more important. I for one, and you don't have to agree, feel that this would be not only a story to settle curiosity, but also a true prequel to the series that shows us where it all really began.

along with  Tams and  Karis  story  i  would very  much  like  to  visit the  story  of Tigraine , Luc and  Gitara IMO these storylines could be in  one book and yes i  also believe they  are crucial  to  seting up the  entire  storyline  of the Wheel of time series.

sequels Rand and the    ladys in his life ( if hes alive),  Egwene and  Logain  i  want to  see what happens with  the  Aes sedai and ashaman  post LB. Mat and Tuon, Nynaeve and  Lan  theres so many  characters  i  would  like to  peek in  on post  AMOL.

How is it not cruical?
We already have the important parts of the backstory. There may be much of interest there, but we do not need it to understand the series, any more than we needed New Spring.
that shows us where it all really began.
There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turnings of the Wheel of Time.

Any Pre-quels that I would be interested in reading would be stories coming from the Age of Legends. I believe that there are tons of good stories that could be enjoyed by WOT fans if those stories are written using close to the same excellence as we have enjoyed from RJ, and expect to enjoy from BS.

As for sequels and outriggers? I love the world of the WOT, and if Tor & Harriet allow excellent authors to explore what happens after Tarmon Gaidon and AMOL, then I am all for that as well.

Archived