DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Discussion] Funny

Far Dareis Mai

Alright, funny is a very subjective thing. Some of you laugh at things, while I just wonder where it all went wrong for you. On the other hand, I tend to laugh at things that bring about the cricket chirp. I actually usually think the cricket chirp after something particularly unfunny is funny. Anyhow, this discussion will hopefully unravel the mysteries behind why something is or isn't funny to each individual person.

I realize that this is rather random, but my husband and I were having a talk about it last night when I showed him this video: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/e34ed3fcb...it-from-joenick

And he gave it a chuckle, but was mostly like 'meh'. I thought it was pretty hilarious.

So, everyone who is interested in participating, please post something that you find freaking hilarious, and try to put into words why you think it is so funny.

I didn't find any of those videos funny actually.

I found this freakin hysterical the first time I watched it:

And then there is Tarentino and the Coen brothers and Demetri Martin, and Lewis Black, and Robin Williams and Jeff Dunham.

It all depends.  I think you need to have the same sense of humor as the person telling the joke. I've told the same joke in front of two different crowds and gotten two different reactions.

you see, I found Eclipse's link rather... blah. main reason is cuz I don't listen to the band and therefore don't know the song. for listening to it for the first time, I was left thinking "I think they were just trying to pull words out of their arses because that clearly says this..."

now I love Jeff Dunham. In fact, I just got back from his performance in Salt Lake the other day. There were some points that I preferred Guitar Guy's opening jokes! that blew me away.

now, the jokes I love best about Jeff and Guitar Guy are the more vulgar/sexual/slang jokes. Such as Guitar Guy's country song called Salty Nuts and Jeff Dunham's Peanut. "I'd like to be an Angelina Jolie adoptee! One who's still breastfeeding. Move over Brad Pitt, I'm the kid and I'm freakin' thirsty! Let's see, today's menu consists of Left or Right. Hmmm. How about right down the middle!"

I guess it's because society likes to hide away such "vulgar" things that makes it more hillarious to the younger population. that's why I think a lot of people like things.

While I very much agree that humor is very subjective and what makes one person pee his pants, would earn nothing but a smirk from someone else.... I do believe quite firmly that any person that makes jokes (especially ones that tend to be more sarcastic and dry) should realize that if he/she dishes them out, they're expected to be able to take them as well. If that does not happen (which I have witnessed in OH so many times) then any jokes coming from such person would not draw any reaction from me but slight mockery :P  (slight because I'd be too lazy to do any more than that).

I also like it when a person makes fun or jokes about himself. That's a true sign that the person is fair and that his ability to make jokes truly is for fun and good times and not to channel out some repressed resentment.

Nyn

you see, stephen showed me this one that he thought was hillarious, but just got a few mild laughs from me. while yes it was hillarious, but not to the same degree I guess :P

now I busted out laughing when he grabbed the cat and turned her around and lifted her tail and said, "This things loaded!"

Archived