• spigots
    • caudrens
    • pie spoon
    • washer woman. shaped washer.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could I get a good reason why Faile is so bad?

Fo me it's her insane jealousy, she acts like such a strong woman in ways with such a huge weakness, maybe its just the way its been dragged out but those chapters with her and Perrin were the least enjoyable for me which is why i didn't care if she lived or died when the Shaido caught her, and that it consummed so much of the book when there were other characters i would have rather read about. Thats just my personnel view though.

Hahahha,have you ever been with a woman? HAve you any idea how little it takes to make us jealous? Im my view, her jealousy of Berelain is perfectly rational to me.

13 for live, 24 for die.  Dreadlord is rolling over in his grave right now.
True, but only because I haven't finished burying him. A little more should stop that.

Hahahha,have you ever been with a woman? Have you any idea how little it takes to make us jealous? Im my view, her jealousy of Berelain is perfectly rational to me.
I've known many women far more jealous than Faile.

no, ive never been with a woman, are all WOT women the same as real life? LMFAO
Give me Domani women, Ebou Dar women or even Aiel but please please please never Faile :P
Maybe you should start off with something a little easier and work your way up? Learn to walk before you run.

Fo me it's her insane jealousy, she acts like such a strong woman in ways with such a huge weakness, maybe its just the way its been dragged out but those chapters with her and Perrin were the least enjoyable for me which is why i didn't care if she lived or died when the Shaido caught her, and that it consummed so much of the book when there were other characters i would have rather read about. Thats just my personnel view though.

Jealousy for one's own spouse to me is a good thing.  A married person should have romance only with their own spouse.

I vote live...

Everyone hats Faile because of her effect on Perrin; but that's really Perrin's problem, isn't it?  Faile is just being herself.  It's Perrin who is acting like a complete woolhead over her.  If Perrin reacted differntly toward her, probably noone would care one way or another.

I like her. I always have. I don't know that I can point out reasons I like her, but I could probably say that for a lot of my friends. There doesn't need to be a why, I just do. Sure, she bullies Perrin. But Nynaeve bullies everyone, and there's no Nynaeve haters out there, are there? As for her jealousy of Berelain...I've been in a very similar situation myself not so long ago. Another woman started flirting with the guy I was dating (about to get engaged to, also) and he seemingly did nothing to discourage it when she sent him gifts or called him on the phone late at night. And I was jealous. If she had showed up in person, it probably would have ended up like the fight Berelain and Faile had in the Stone of Tear. Of course, I wasn't with someone so loyal as Perrin...so it didn't work out. So, I can understand the way Faile acts. I didn't realize she was only 16 or 17. I thought she was a bit older, 19-20ish.

I would be very amused to see you with a FarMadding woman ;)

They remind me of those bloody Scandinavain women :D

Quote from: Danya on October 25, 2008, 02:17:04 PM

Hahahha,have you ever been with a woman? Have you any idea how little it takes to make us jealous? Im my view, her jealousy of Berelain is perfectly rational to me.

Me too, fun for the short term but no good for your health in the long scheme of things.

Quote from: a pale tanned lover on October 26, 2008, 02:09:47 AM

Give me Domani women, Ebou Dar women or even Aiel but please please please never Faile

Maybe you should start off with something a little easier and work your way up? Learn to walk before you run.

I always start from the toes up  :o

Jealousy for one's own spouse to me is a good thing.  A married person should have romance only with their own spouse.

A certain level of jealousy is a good thing in a relationship, it shows you don't want to lose the person your with, where has Perrin had romance with anyone else? Faile is a bit extreme to me and i don't enjoy reading about her, someone should send her another hedgehog ;D ;D

But Nynaeve bullies everyone, and there's no Nynaeve haters out there, are there?
Hehehehehe... wait, you were serious?

There's Nynaeve haters, Egwene haters, Elayne haters by the double handful, Cadsuane haters, I'm fairly certain there's Aviendha haters and maybe even Moiraine haters.

Given that there are absolutely real-world counterparts to Rand's and the Aiel's "plural marriage", I'd prefer to restate that as "A married person should have romance only with their own spouse, if that's what they want." Neither jealousy nor monogamy are hardwired for all people.

I would be very amused to see you with a FarMadding woman ;)

They remind me of those bloody Scandinavain women :D

Quote from: Danya on October 25, 2008, 02:17:04 PM

Me too, fun for the short term but no good for your health in the long scheme of things.

A certain level of jealousy is a good thing in a relationship, it shows you don't want to lose the person your with, where has Perrin had romance with anyone else? Faile is a bit extreme to me and i don't enjoy reading about her, someone should send her another hedgehog ;D ;D

Oh I'm sure they do  ;) we really are horrible horrible women  ;D

I STILL do not see why her apparent jealousy (which isnt all that much) is a good reason to hate her? She has human emotions, oh wow, gotta hate that! To me thats like hating Mat cause he looks at womens bosoms  ::)

I liked how she handled the Shaido captivity thing.  It proved that she could shine.  The problem I always had with her was first, she HAD to be in charge, then she went sprinting into trouble laughing, after her and Perrin made a decision she went behind his back, and finally she has to have Perrin to herself.

She hates that he is tied to Rand the way he is.

[/qOh I'm sure they do  we really are horrible horrible women  uote]

Well i do have a healthy knowledge of women from that area of the world, some are ok but the jury is still out on you :D

I STILL do not see why her apparent jealousy (which isnt all that much) is a good reason to hate her? She has human emotions, oh wow, gotta hate that! To me thats like hating Mat cause he looks at womens bosoms 

But what has Perrin actually done to deserve to be treated like that? her jealousy is unjustified. There is no harm in looking either  ;D

But Nynaeve bullies everyone, and there's no Nynaeve haters out there, are there?

Well, I don't hate people like Nynaeve when they are in a position of responsibility and their behavior is an effect of their belief in upholding that position.  So I hated Egwene in the early books, but liked her a lot more when she became Amyrlin.  I don't mind Cadsuane, I never minded Moiraine, etc.  I don't like Elayne, though, so I guess she is the exception.  She seems to me to have all the bad teenager qualities and none of the good.  I dislike Faile because of the way she treats Perrin and I dislike the way Perrin has changed.  I also dislike Perrin for the way he's changed and become obsessed with Faile.  There is a difference between the two emotions of obsession and love, and I think Perrin is skirting the border.

She has human emotions, oh wow, gotta hate that!

Why else would you hate people, if not for the way they act?

She is Saldean guys. She was raised to be strong and independant. Perrin allowed her behavior because he knew nothing of women before. Then when Elyas

shows up tells him about Saldean women,he puts the advice into practice and she settles down some and things are alot smoother.

She was tring to force him to stand up to her and for himself.

Jealousy for one's own spouse without a reason, is allways a bad thing. A married man should have romance only with their own wife, thats true, but cant be blamed if another woman try to start a romance with him against hes will. Its all about trust..and Fail apparently dont trust Perrin.

"A married person should have romance only with their own spouse" Are you refering to Fails "romance" with Rolan? This "Romance" is all about survival. its ok to like another person, its ok to think another person is hansome and beautiful. The circumstances forced her to make decisions like this to survive, and to get back to Perrin again.

It was Rolan who did have hopes for Fail...not Fail herself, and you cant blame her for that. Infact, the situation did put Rolan in a superior situation, and he was a fool to even think that Fail would ever want him as a husband or lover. She was willing to sacrifice everything to get back to Perrin, even if she did have to start a "romance" with Rolan.

This is a strong sign of love to Perrin in my opinion.

Faile haters? that just doesnt make sense, why because of the way perrin acted to her being captured, r u saying if u loved someone and they got kidnapped and shipped off to russia or something( american viewpoint) u wouldnt do all the things on earth possible to go get them hell i know i would id nuke every country in between if they tried to get in my way, those who say that borders on obession, well welcome to love kids, cause if ur not close to obsession over the other persons personality/ looks/ w-e then u as hell dont know love and ull be one of the millions of broken marriages

if u dont like her cause of her personality, well to the guys i say ok then stick to ur barbie doll women i personaly like women will a little fighting spirit and a little sass, her and nynaeve r the 2 women in the book id most likely hook up with, to the women, well idk not a woman, id say maybe ur a bit or a teenager ur self still and u need get highschool attitude out of u and stop being jealous of her for being strong willed

ps not problem with jealousy, would u rather they call the hookers for you( im sure some of you would)

Archived