• spigots
    • caudrens
    • pie spoon
    • washer woman. shaped washer.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a girl and I want her to die.  I know that she probably won't, (Perrin's connection to the Broken Crown which is through Faile).  But she is annoying.  As is Perrin's obsession with her.  Loving someone is one thing, but letting the Pattern burn for her?  That's creepy. 

Guest Dreadlord

I just want Faile to die

UNQUOTE

Woohoo you quoted my sig!

Seriously though when I voted it went onto equal between live and die! What is WRONG with you people?!?!

I said live purely because I think Perrin would be unbearable if she died. At least he's happy when she's alive and with him. When she was kidnapped he was bad enough, if she died... I would have to skip his sections.

The only good thing would be if Perrin and Berelain got together, but I think she's destined for Galad.

I truly hate Faile sometimes. I'm listening to the books for a third time, and I hate her more and more with every reading. She is rude, crass, and downright abusive (physically, remember how she beat the crap out of him in the ways?) to Perrin in TSR. After that, all she seems to want to do is push and manipulate him into the one thing he does not want, which is responsibility and leadership over other people.

However, on the flip side, he is Ta'veren, and likely the wheel would weave him into these things with or without Faile. Perhaps she is just a way of facilitating his transition into Lordship as painlessly as possible.

I really would like to see him work a forge again though (like in TDR.) Perrin possible has more depth of character and internal struggle than Rand, and seeing him in his element gives us great insight into his personality.

Like people used to say in some famous mmorpg. Les QQ more PewPew, so I rather see faile dead since she always slows down the pace in a storyline, correct me if I'm wrong (I just have that feeling) + the whinage in those chapters is just Epic.

Voted live because of Min's viewing of Perrin with broken crown (in the first book).

And also because there has been an improvement in Faile's character since her first 2 books; at least from what I read so far.

I don't like Faile as a character, but it's another vote for live, I'm afraid, and for the same reasons as Trakand and Luckers.
Trakand's reason was Perrin would be unbearable otherwise, Luckers said she was abrasive, yet effective. Which do you support? Her living purely so Perrin is just about bearable, or her living because she's not that bad? Or a sort of mix, she's not that bad and she makes Perrin bearable? I don't think she's that bad. In fact I quite like her. I vote live.

I don't like Faile as a character, but it's another vote for live, I'm afraid, and for the same reasons as Trakand and Luckers.
Trakand's reason was Perrin would be unbearable otherwise, Luckers said she was abrasive, yet effective. Which do you support? Her living purely so Perrin is just about bearable, or her living because she's not that bad? Or a sort of mix, she's not that bad and she makes Perrin bearable? I don't think she's that bad. In fact I quite like her. I vote live.

It's a bit of both.  If Faile did die, then Perrin would - in my opinion - be unbearable to read.  However, I can also see her effectiveness in spite of my personal dislike of her character.  Sorry to be unclear on my reasons.

I dont understand why people can hate Faile so much. Come on people, she'slike 16 or 17 years old! When is a 16 year old ever likable anyways? And specially a noble one? Give her a break, I think she does a good job of being Perrins wife and all, considering the circumstances. Its Perrin that makes her horrible cause he's a dumbass. But as pointed out before, he's too important in TG to be killed off early. He's made huge mistakes, but dont forget that Fail always thought taht she didnt want Perrin to rescue her at all. She was planning on escaping on her own and catch up with him. She wanted him to do the right thing, and she's hatedfor it? ITs all Perrin guys, not Faile.

I totally missed all Faile hatred when I read the books myself... Perrin was always one of my favourites and I liked the Faile-Perrin relationship. It was quite a chock the first time I entered dm and found all this Faile-Perrin hatred. How can anyone not like Perrin? he wouldn't hurt a flie... unless it threatened Faile ofc, but I don't think Perrin has reacted in any way different than anyone who has ever been in love has.

Sometimes when i re-read a book, i skip pages to get to the Perrin-faile sections... Not lately, I agree that the whole Faile-chase was boring, but except for that they're among my favourites to read.

I voted live 

When is a 16 year old ever likable anyways? And specially a noble one?

I beg to differ.  I was perfectly likable as a 16-year-old (and noble too).  ;D

Sometimes when i re-read a book, i skip pages to get to the Perrin-faile sections... Not lately, I agree that the whole Faile-chase was boring, but except for that they're among my favourites to read.

13 for live, 24 for die.  Dreadlord is rolling over in his grave right now.

Could I get a good reason why Faile is so bad?

Fo me it's her insane jealousy, she acts like such a strong woman in ways with such a huge weakness, maybe its just the way its been dragged out but those chapters with her and Perrin were the least enjoyable for me which is why i didn't care if she lived or died when the Shaido caught her, and that it consummed so much of the book when there were other characters i would have rather read about. Thats just my personnel view though.

Archived