DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Asha'man and Aes Sedai bonding each other

tube_ee

So far as I know, we haven't seen any examples of an Asha'man  and an Aes Sedai bonding each other. But it's an obvious thing to have happen.

What would be the result of a reciprocal bonding? What would the wildly differing natures of Saidin and Saidar mean in this context? Will it happen? Should it happen?

I did search, but either I can't format a search string in a way that will get me what I'm looking for (likely), or this has not been discussed other than as a side issue (unlikely).

Ideas?

--Shannon

I think she means that the same Asha'man and Aes Sedai would bond each other.  So each would hold the others bond, I guess.

I have actually pondered this as well, but alas, I have not come to a conclusion that will satisfy me.  :(

I imagine that the result would be similar to any situation when two stubborn people have a relationship without either one having an advantage over the other.

The best that I can come up with is that it shouldn't happen.

An interesting thought, and I am not sure either the arrogance of the Aes Sedai nor that of the Asha'Man would allow a double bonding.  I am fairly certian that neither would allow it, The Aes Sedai i could never see allowing it, The tower, and the Salidar Aes Sedai always speak of control, although they do not know that Allanna bonded Rand, and we see what that got them.  And well the Asha Man bonding is not the same as the Aes Sedai use.

Certianly would be a good to see though.

I do know, i am going to enjoy when the reds bond some Soldiers and find out that they do not have the control they thought they might. :)

If a reciprocal bonding is possible, theoretically both could have these abilities::

-quick healing

-go long periods without food, water, or rest

-sense the taint of the Dark One at a distance

About controlling, I think the warder would need to be weaker in the One Power for controlling to be possible; though I read through just Crown of Swords so far.

No AS did not have warders in the AOL, they had the Daishain but remember there, for the most part was no conflict in the AOL.  The one you are thinking of was in the Trolloc Wars though their name escape me.

ohh okay i always get the trolloc wars and the war of the shadow confused for some reason xD

If a reciprocal bonding is possible, theoretically both could have these abilities::

-quick healing

About controlling, I think the warder would need to be weaker in the One Power for controlling to be possible; though I read through just Crown of Swords so far.

But then again if one died, both would die.

Because of the nature of Saidin it is not possible for Aes Sedai to compel Asha'man with the current weave used to bond warders. If they specifically create a weave, like how the Asha'man have, then it may be possible.

But it does look like their are significant advantages for reciprocal bonding:

-quick healing

I would say all of these abilities will be greatly enhanced because they would have Saidin and Saidar in a feedback loop. So instead of a doubling of these abilities we may be talking about an increase of a factor of 2 or greater.

If you fiddle with the weave they may be able to create a psi-bond and transfer thoughts, memories, Talents and skills across the bond.

Mysterious

Who can say what that would do? The bond is a new thing, relitive that is. :) it was not around in AOL. I think ishy called it an involitary circle, it sure smells of some type of complusion to me, most certianly the Asha'Men one is based in compulsion.

While Moridin may have been thinking of the Warder bond as well, the "involuntary rings" are most certainly those in which damane are forced to link with their sul'dam.

Come to think of it, though, a two-way Warder bond would probably be akin to two channelers collared to each other...

Because of the nature of Saidin it is not possible for Aes Sedai to compel Asha'man with the current weave used to bond warders.
If the Asha'man in question is holding the power. If not, he can be.

most certainly the Asha'Men one is based in compulsion.
They have more than one. They could use the one without the extra bit.

Archived