DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

AMOL deaths??

sillyman

Hmm, I really don't think RJ likes to kill off his characters. I mean, he had a ton of chances to, but he didn't, and since he's aiming for Rand's death in TG, I don't think he'll kill anyone else, BUT rather than speculate on who is going to die, I'm just going to list some things that need to be done before a character is killed off...

Rand, Mat, Perrin - Can't die until after/during TG. Rand's pretty much a certainty, rebirth or reincarnation or transferance to Moridin's body nonewithstanding. Mat won't die because he's got the outrigger novels to be in. Perrin's safe until after/during TG.

Nynaeve, Lan - This is a quandry. For the first few books, Nynaeve was following the path of Queen of Malkier. Since Cadsuane joined up, she's pretty much turning into the future Cadsuane. Even their pasts fit in a way, stronger than many AS in power, bundle of terangreal, bossy way, and of course, there's the fact that Cadsuane seems willing to take Nynaeve under her wing, or empathizes with her at the least (not something Cadsuane does), and I can just see Nynaeve being offered the Amrylin's stole and running off instead (she never did like the WT very much). Lan seems an obvious choice to kill off, since the only viewing Min had of him was a golden crane over his head (way way back in Baerlon, at least, that's the only thing I remember), and that's been fulfilled in book 11.

Min, Elayne, Aviendha - Safe because of Nicola's foretelling and Min's viewings and Egwene's dreams. Still, if I would place a bet, I'd place it on Min dying.

Faile - Seriously, that bint has the luck of the Dark One. How many times did she almost die so far? I guess RJ could kill her sooner or later, since the Broken Crown viewing could also mean Cairhien's crown (a slim possibility, but hey, there's an entire chapter called that).

Tuon - I sincerely doubt she'll see any real action that could get her killed, not to mention the outrigger novels.

Egwene and Gawyn - I suppose Gawyn could end up dying saving Egwene, but I doubt it, since she was going to bond him, and unless she does that soon, then he's safe.

Galad and Berelain - Not sure of those two. I doubt Berelain will die. Galad however... Eh, ambigious at best.

I think that's all of the main characters. Moiraine doesn't qualify because she's been missing since halfway through the series, but she won't die. The supporting characters (other than the AS bonded to Rand or those around Egwene or stuff) are all fair game.

Hmm, I really don't think RJ likes to kill off his characters. I mean, he had a ton of chances to, but he didn't.
Previously he has still needed these characters around. Once they have completed their roles in the plot, once their stories are at an end, then killing them off becomes a possibility. Not before then. And as this is the last book...It may not be a bloodbath, but a does create new opportunities.

Orginally thought Min was going to die, maybe something like she looks in a mirror and for the first time sees an image over her.  Her death would be what makes Rand cry. But people bringing up that dream of the three ladies and a dead Rand now makes me not so sure.

Bashere dead, though hope he does't turn out to be a DF.  Be werid Bashere and Taim on the same side of the DO.

Masema NEEDS to die, as much for the survival of everyone as for the dreams that all the dreamwalkers have had about him needing to die.  I'm just curious who will do it and if it will cause a riot from his followers, some of whom are equally as mad as he is.  I think Amys should kill him.

The more I thought about it the more it became difficult to see anyone as dying.  Even the characters I don't care much for (Gawyn, Faile, etc) made it difficult to pick.  Jordan's writing style makes you enjoy each character on a basic level and others on a much deeper level.

I don't think Lan is going to die, though - the idea that he's been courting death his whole life and then gets it seems ridiculous.  I think he's been courting death and then as Moiraine said, Nynaeve came along and began to grow life in him again...give him a reason to live.  Egwene sees it, too, when she sends Lan to Nynaeve.  Lan and Nynaeve will grow old together.  She'll be Queen of the Malkieri.

Mat will rule with Tuon over the Seanchan

Egwene will rule the White Tower for just this side of forever.

Elayne will rule Andor

and so on.

I think Liandrin still has a part to play though, interestingly.  I thought her story line was never actually closed off, not like Galina's.  Perhaps Liandrin will undo the shield on her and die properly.

Masema NEEDS to die, as much for the survival of everyone as for the dreams that all the dreamwalkers have had about him needing to die. 

Liandrin still has a part to play though...

i have to agree. i think that something big is going to happen with Liandrin that will concern the rest of the characters. and for masema, hes done too much harm for him to escape with his life.

So THAT's who has been dreaming all of this, eh?

I felt bad enough when the young Ashaman was killed during the cleansing of Saidin battle...and I can't even remember his name...can't imagine losing one of the major characters.

Although, Verin almost had to poison Cadsuane...I guess they are all fair game.

• 3 months later...

Damn. My whole long thread of inevitable deaths got lost due to crap computer.. Here we go:

Morgase. Elayne is queen. She is no longer needed, and dies from some heroic act.

Moraine. Saving Rand from new Cyndane(sp?) but dies in the battle

Thom. Avenging Moraine, Killing Cyndane, but gets overpowerd by superfade vs. 2.0

Lan. Dies charging massive DO forces, giving Rand time to deal with Moridin

Birgitte. Elayne cant reach for the source, and Birgitte saves her, just to be killed from some random evil person.

Bela. from drawing to much from the source.

Tam. Dont know how, but he has to go.

Rand. After all is said and done, he needs to die. Rant wont have a real life after all this. The series needs him to die.

Ill get back to this. There is more that needs to die.

I don't know why everyone keeps saying that Morainne and Thom will die when we do have a prophecy of sorts that they will get married.  That kinda implies that they will live after TG since I don't see them having the time to get married after Thom rescues her from the 'Finns. 

Archived