DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Welcome BOOKLOVER!

Guest Cadsuane

Hiya, welcome to the Band! Corki, our MG, will be along shortly to post an official welcome, and he will contact you by email as well.

I'm Cads, and Archer Regimental Liaison Officer (RLO), and when you spend your week as a Raw Recruit with the Archers, I (and Chaelca, our other lovely RLO) will be in charge of you! So get on my good side now... :wink:

The Archers are the best regiment in the Band! We have the cleanest weapon, no horse dookie, and no latrine digging duties. We also have the COOLEST official drink - Flaming Shots! They are the best Brew to be had!

*hands Book a Flaming Shot*

Drink up, and be merry! :P

So, please feel free to pop into any of our threads and start posting away!

And here I am!

Ok...an email with a load of links has been sent to you, so check your inbox! Here is some more useful info:

If you didn't know anything about us, here is a little bit more, so you know what you are getting yourself into!

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

The Band of the Red Hand is the Travel and Music ORG of DM. Below are ways how to earn points within the Band. As a Raw Recruit, nothing will stop you from earning points as you make your visits to each Regiment and find your home. Such ways to earn points include:

- writing reviews on places to visit/holidays you have been on

- writing reviews on music albums and gigs

- replying to other people's reviews and asking questions

- composing Jak O' the Shadow verses

- getting articles published in our monthly newsletter, The Hornsounder

- monthly roll call in the Band's private boards at DM

- any DM project we may have (currently a Battle Project, and there are a few spaces open, so speak to Horn)

- and much much more I cannot think of right now!

Of course, we are not all about working 24/7, as we do let our hair down now and then! We are famous for our bar brawls, which happen frequently! There is one currently going on in The Stumbling Soldier Tavern at DM! We also like jokes, tales, funny pictures - things that will make us laugh!

Watch out for Redarms, the Band's police force! They uphold our Laws, and can bring anyone to trial for punishment, or spot fine a person with lines. As a Raw Recruit, you escape this for now with 4 free strikes. Once those are used, or you become a full member of a Regiment, you face the Laws like any other Bander! And the Laws have recently been updated, so take a read!

We also have many games - here at DM, which can be found in the stickies, and also at our off board site! Also, take the lessons to learn our ORG Game, based on the luck of dice! You get the selected weapons of your Regiment, and can fight anyone in the Band! It is currently being revised, but the ideas will all be the same!

If I have left anything out (which I expect I have!), do not hesitate to ask questions! Someone will be able to answer them for you!

One last thing...

*hands booklover1 a Marshal-General's Special Battle Brew*

CARAI AN SHEN AN CALHAR!!!!!

Welcome Booklover! I'm Apollo, Captain of the Infantry and local rock 'n roller. Find me sometime in the Rhythm & Brew Bar, or Kristine's Bar on the Infantry offsite boards, and I may just let you dip into the Band's supply of Irish Brew, aka Guinness!

Archived