A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

BT / Red Ajah - Meet and Greet ((OOC))

Sieve

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zarinen will hopefully be in for a huge surprise too  ;D

One point, though: some people were given permission to bond even though they had not reached the rank of Asha'man yet. Has that permission been revoked?

Zarinen will hopefully be in for a huge surprise too  ;D

One point, though: some people were given permission to bond even though they had not reached the rank of Asha'man yet. Has that permission been revoked?

No, those that have not yet officially made the rank of Asha'man are being bonded as such with the understanding that they complete their Reqs.  The remainder of their training to actually reach the rank will be retro to the bonding.  That is at least how I understand it.

um i dont think it specify anywhere in the books for sure that the same type of bond is being used, remember the bond weave of the AS is a new discovery of this time and age, however because males cant see the female weaves, they cant have learned it from them, hence the male bond weave is a discovery in its own rigth, and may well hold other aspects then the original warder weave, so it could well be that the two weaves are not the same, and if the AS was to learn the wave the bt used, then the effect would be the same the other way around too

obviously we dont know and for all we know may never know ;)

Liitha, it quite clearly states in the Books that the Asha'man weave absolutely compulses the bondee to obey. How that will hold up against the Oaths, would probably cause a reaction like the AS kidnapped by Pevara and the White - she would have choked to death if the White hadn't persuaded Pevara to tell the woman she didn't have to lie. Could make for interesting RP, something like that  :D

Sieve,

No, those that have not yet officially made the rank of Asha'man are being bonded as such with the understanding that they complete their Reqs.  The remainder of their training to actually reach the rank will be retro to the bonding.  That is at least how I understand it.

Interesting. Hopefully the PTB's will make a clear statement on this asap  :)

what i ment LG there is no proof that the BT bond weave is the same as the AS warder bond weave, it may be a different weave with acordingly different effects as such, ie a reinforsed weave so to speak, and if the AS reinforced theirs acordingly then the warder compulsion effect migth have worked on the bt boys as well

so sort of like there is a ligth weave and a heavy weave, the ligth works on non channelers with the compulsion but not channelers, but the heavier also works on channelers

and that the bt one is the heavier, while the AS one is the ligth one, and such they are not completely equalent weaves just reacting differently to genders or whatnot, but unequal weaves reacting differently to channeler/non channeler

Yeah, the bonding weave for each tower are completely seperate. The White Tower's one has been used for thousands of years. And us at the Black Tower come up with ours the other week while drunk :P

Besides, women don't need the bonded to force a man to do what they want. They just have to keep telling him until he gets sick of hearing it :P

As for having the reqs done for raising, I doubt that there will be a problem with any of that. There's a LOT of detail going into this, so you'll have time to finish your classes on the side :D

*hides before he gets beaten for teasing people with little bits of information...or the nagging comment :D*

Besides, women don't need the bonded to force a man to do what they want. They just have to keep telling him until he gets sick of hearing it :P
Ooh how true!

As for having the reqs done for raising, I doubt that there will be a problem with any of that. There's a LOT of detail going into this, so you'll have time to finish your classes on the side :D

Hmm...I wonder If I have time to get my other BT Character (who is starting out as a Dedicated) into the mix then.  He is in 2 threads already so I may be able to make the cut with him.

Liitha, you should check out the debates on this over at the General WoT Discussions - the subject has been discussed ad infinitum  ;D

*giggles to self* ... I just had this image in my head of the whole lot of us trooping over there for Bonding Counciling  ::)

But whoever brought up the matter originally was right to do so - we need to figure out OOC exactly what the effect will be before we do it IC. Can the AS bond compulse a male channeler in the same way that the other way round can? Not when he is holding the Power. But if he isn't? What if the AS is stronger than the Asha'man?

Do we go with what the general concensus is on the subject, or just make up our own version of how it will work?

But whoever brought up the matter originally was right to do so - we need to figure out OOC exactly what the effect will be before we do it IC. Can the AS bond compulse a male channeler in the same way that the other way round can? Not when he is holding the Power. But if he isn't? What if the AS is stronger than the Asha'man?

I'm guessing that whatever version of the bond that White Tower came up with all those years ago isn't that effective with compulsing male channelers.  For instance, Rand and Alanna - that didn't go so well.  There was also Merise and Narishima - I'm guessing that she couldn't compulse to any degree, considering that both of them were pouting over the matter of his Asha'man pen.  If she could actually compulse him, I'm guessing it wouldn't've been an issue.

That's just my two cents on it, though :)

I guess I should move my Asha'man info over from the other thread. :P

Character Name: Serge Karminov

Would you like to hold the bond, be bonded, or are you willing to do either? Either is fine with me.  Serge doesn't like girls, so he'll obey orders, but won't like it.

If you are bonded, would you be willing to be bonded to an Aes Sedai who holds bonds to other BT Chars? Sure.

If you are holding the bond, are you willing to bond more than one Aes Sedai? Sure.

About Serge: Serge Karminov do be an Illianer, and the prettiest Asha'man in the Tower!  His main flaw is his vanity.  He's pretty and he knows it.  And he likes to chase pretty men.  Did I mention that he sleeps with men?  Girls are just gross.  Except his sister, who he loves very much.  He hates that he can channel, but it means that he no longer has to be a dockworker in the Perfumed Quarter, so that's a plus.  He was part of the Watcher's RP, and bonded to Maegan, the Red Ajah Head.  Not an especially pleasant experience, having a woman in his head.  But he knows how to follow orders, even orders he doesn't like.  Come to think of it, his entire experience in the Black Tower has been one huge set of orders that he doesn't like.  But they taught him how to not die from his channelling, so that's a plus.  Kind of.  There's still the taint, and they make him do chores, and there is a distinct lack of pretty men around.  Maybe going off to the Tower wouldn't be so bad?  But how *will* he manage with all those women around?

Arath's the one who brought the point up :P The male and female bonding weaves are different. The woman's bonding weave gives their bondee more stamia, endurance, etc. The male's bonding weave doesn't as far as I remember (but I don't remember the Aes Sedai getting in fights afterwards :P), but it does provide the male with a limited degree of compulsion over the woman. Its not abosolute, but it does carry weight, more so if they don't notice it. If they notice and realise, they can fight it easily enough.

If people want to vary this and 'double bond', that is place the second bonding weave from the other side, now that's intersting, and definetely something to be worked out in advance. Otherwise I say we stick to the books, and just figure how our characters will react :P

Now THAT'S an interesting thought!

I can totally see Zarinen finally having enough of getting ordered to do weird stuff by who-ever ends up bonding her, and laying her own weave on him while he's sleeping  ;D

I wonder what the effects would be? Probably enhanced awareness of each other, for starters?