DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

whos gonna tell rand

The Big T

is it me or did Min say somewhere that aviendha was going to have 4 kids?

Yes, Aviendha will have 4 kids, and Min also said something would be strange about them, I'm not sure what though.

Min siad she did not know how they would be strange, just that they would.

There's a rumor going around Caemlyn that the father is that guardsman in the palace who is a darkfriend. I can't think of his name right now. I wonder if Rand will find out she's pregnant by hearing the rumor that it's the other guy's? That could get messy.

Or what about Cadsuane? She's supposed to teach him to laugh and cry. Telling him he's a dad might start that process.

Guest The Thin Inn Keeper

I hope tha first thing he thinks is NOT that he'll need to marry her now.

Amen to that.

Can not wait to hear what the maiden have to say after they beat him up again for leaving them behind yet again!

I'm confused ... What does Rand having been beaten up have to do with Elayne and marriage?

Plus, the Aiel are the most liberal society in the books when it comes to sex, marriage etc. Why would they have a problem?

I wonder if Rand will find out she's pregnant by hearing the rumor that it's the other guy's? That could get messy.

That'd be entertaining.

Though presently Mellar is sitting in a cell in Camelyn having been arrested for being a DF... So I think he's in the clear. Still a dead man though.

i wonder how LTT will react about having a biological legacy again
He won't. The biological legacy will be Rand's. Rand is not LTT. Biologically, they are not related to LTT.

but wont he see them as his. LTT seems to struggle to differentiate between himself and rand

"they will pay. I am Lord of the Morning" ect (cant be bothered to find more quotes)

There's a rumor going around Caemlyn that the father is that guardsman in the palace who is a darkfriend. I can't think of his name right now. I wonder if Rand will find out she's pregnant by hearing the rumor that it's the other guy's? That could get messy.

Maybe we'd get a Cairhien docks scene, only with Rand as Lanfear and Elayne as Rand.   :o

Nah, but it would be cool.

He won't. The biological legacy will be Rand's. Rand is not LTT. Biologically, they are not related to LTT.

but wont he see them as his. LTT seems to struggle to differentiate between himself and rand

"they will pay. I am Lord of the Morning" ect (cant be bothered to find more quotes)

Yes, but your original post made it seem as though you considered the biological legacy to be LTT's.

LTT WAS the lord of the morning.  rand just stole that title so he could appear more grandeur infront of the andoran/cairhieren.

Guest Dreadlord

There is a chance that LTT might think the kids are his, as he seems to think he has Rands body and Rand is the voice in his head, not the other way round.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes Min did say Avi would have 4 of Rand's children, this is how it works in my opinion though. Elayne will give birth to twins before the Last Battle but then will die during the LB or soon after. Rand and Avi will have a chance to get jiggy again before the LB and Avi will become pregnant with his children and also have twins. Avi being Elayne's sister will obviously bring up Elayne's children as her own so Min's viewing will be correct, Avi will have 4 of Rand's children but the thing that is strange about it is that she is only mother of 2 of them. That makes perfect sense surely?

It makes no sense at all.

Aviendha will have four children at the same time. So for two of them being Elaynes, Elayne would have to die and Aviendha adopt those kids at the same time as giving birth to her own. Not going to happen.

And btw, Min never said anything was odd with the children, she said something was odd with that, which seems to rather refer to the situation of giving birth. For example, perhaps where the birth takes place.

It makes perfect sense, does it say in Min's viewing that Avi is going to have four of Rand's kids at one precise moment? I'm pretty sure it doesn't so it doesn't matter when Avi adopts Elayne's kids, I never meant Elayne would die at the moment Avi was giving birth to her twins and then adopt Elayne's kids, that would be stupid.

It doesn't matter when Avi adopts Elayne's kids, it could be ten years after TG because Min's viewings don't have a time frame. As long as at some point Elayne died and Avi adopted the twins then Min's viewing would be correct. And there would be something odd about that situation Avi being mother to two kids who weren't her own as such, but no there wouldn't be anything odd with the children themselves. It makes perfect sense to me.

That is not what the viewing says. And it does not fit with Min finding four kids being something special. Four kids all in all is nothing special. Four kids at once however, that is quite special, especially in a world lacking what we think of as modern medicine.

Avienda will give birth to four babies, Mins viewing makes that very obvious.

Archived