DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

If you are interested in taking part in the bonding with the Red Ajah, pls reply

Sieve

If you are interested in taking part in the bonding between the Red Ajah and the BT, please post your BT characters name and your preference if you have any.  Please answer the following questions:

Character Name:

Would you like to hold the bond, be bonded, or are you willing to do either?

If you are bonded, would you be willing to be bonded to an Aes Sedai who holds bonds to other BT Chars?

If you are holding the bond, are you willing to bond more than one Aes Sedai?

Do you have any questions or concerns? If so please state them here or PM them to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes:  At the moment only Asha'man will be allowed to bond.  If you have a Soldier or Dedicated that you are interested in using in the future then please post your interest so we can plan for it.

Please list any questions or concerns so they can be discussed.  Once each side has a list and the details have been agreed by the DL's we can hopefully pair some people up.  Remember the agreement has to be mutual.

I think that is it for now.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Character Name: Geirrin Hale

Rank:Dedicated (Approved for bonding as an Asha'man, in process of completing final Req)

Would you like to hold the bond, be bonded, or are you willing to do either? Either way

If you are bonded, would you be willing to be bonded to an Aes Sedai who holds bonds to other BT Chars? Yes

If you are holding the bond, are you willing to bond more than one Aes Sedai? Yes

Do you have any questions or concerns? If so please state them here or PM them to me.

Most of my concerns are those that Covai mentioned regarding how the bond will work.  Most of it is up to the bondees to discuss and work out but in general will it be a dog and master type relationship.

One concern I do have is housing.  Are we going to have a barracks or dorm at the farm where the bonded Aes Sedai will be housed or will they share rooms with their bonded.  In cases where the BT character is the one bonded where will he be housed when his Aes Sedai is in the White Tower.

Character Name: Ikkiliad sur Paendrag

Would you like to hold the bond, be bonded, or are you willing to do either? I believe that he will be bonded.

If you are bonded, would you be willing to be bonded to an Aes Sedai who holds bonds to other BT Chars? Yeps

If you are holding the bond, are you willing to bond more than one Aes Sedai? Uh huh, but I won't be holding the bond.

Do you have any questions or concerns? If so please state them here or PM them to me. Nppe

BTW, I'm the Dedicated who gets to bond. *wink*

Character Name: Serge Karminov

Would you like to hold the bond, be bonded, or are you willing to do either? Either is fine with me.  Serge doesn't like girls, so he'll obey orders, but won't like it. :P

If you are bonded, would you be willing to be bonded to an Aes Sedai who holds bonds to other BT Chars? Sure.

If you are holding the bond, are you willing to bond more than one Aes Sedai? Sure.

Character Name: Covai Seriba

Would you like to hold the bond, be bonded, or are you willing to do either? Either. Could be interesting having on the the BT top dogs getting bonded though.

If you are bonded, would you be willing to be bonded to an Aes Sedai who holds bonds to other BT Chars? As long as storywise there's a good reason.

If you are holding the bond, are you willing to bond more than one Aes Sedai? Same as above.

Do you have any questions or concerns? If so please state them here or PM them to me. Just the ones I've voiced before. As long as people realise this isn't just a two week event, I'm fine with it. And if the bond is going to be broken somewhere down the line, please, PLEASE work it all out before hand. The whole "we're bored of it now" really gets frustrating.

Character Name: Martyn Stonebridge

Rank: Soldier (though he'll be up for Dedicated the second he breaks his block)

Would you like to hold the bond, be bonded, or are you willing to do either? Either, though the second option's more likely ^^;

If you are bonded, would you be willing to be bonded to an Aes Sedai who holds bonds to other BT Chars? Doesn't matter.

If you are holding the bond, are you willing to bond more than one Aes Sedai? Nope.

Do you have any questions or concerns? If so please state them here or PM them to me. Just that the Aes Sedai bonding Martyn (if there's going to be one) needs to contact me to work out some details...)

Thanks for all the replies.  Just to update everyone.  The concerns are being noted and addressed.  Any questions/issues will be forwarded to Seggie.  The Reds are doing the same on their end. 

1)  Before you enter into a bond it is extremely important to work out the details with your bonded.  Who will hold the bond.  What are your or your bonded's intentions and expectations.  Make sure that you are completely comfortable with each other before agreeing to the bond.

2)  As Covai said, this isn't a short term thing unless you have worked something out with your bonded storyline wise.  If you are not committed to seeing it through then don't throw your hat in the ring.  If some issues arise after the bonding where either party is unhappy then certainly we can address that and come up with an RP reason for a separation or releasing of the bond.

3)  Another thing that Covai mentioned is the Dog and Master analogy.  You will have to discuss with your potential bondmate exactly how this will work.  If you are the one being bonded (ie. not in charge of the bond) are you simply their bitch or would you prefer it to be something more than that.  If you are holding the bond how will you treat your charge, will you allow them some freedom or do you expect total obedience?  This is all stuff that you will have to work out ahead of time.

4)  On thing I have to find out about from the DL's is how it will play out regarding housing though some of it may be up to the bondees.  Will we have a dorm at the farm for Aes Sedai who are bonded to Asha'man or will they share a place with their bondmate.  Same thing goes for those of us who may be spending some time in Tar Valon.  Imagine being a male channeler in the Red Ajah Quarters...ooh my!

Alright I think that is it for now.  Thanks to everyone who gave their input.  For those of you yet to respond you may do so at any time.

Been mulling this over and why not?

Character Name:  Arath Faringal

Would you like to hold the bond, be bonded, or are you willing to do either?  Either way is good.

If you are bonded, would you be willing to be bonded to an Aes Sedai who holds bonds to other BT Chars?  If there was a really good reason.

If you are holding the bond, are you willing to bond more than one Aes Sedai?  Only if my life and/or sanity depended upon it.

Do you have any questions or concerns? If so please state them here or PM them to me.  None that haven't already been brought up.

Character Name: Sereth..I think I forgot his last name. Will edit if his bio is on boards.

Would you like to hold the bond, be bonded, or are you willing to do either? Either.

If you are bonded, would you be willing to be bonded to an Aes Sedai who holds bonds to other BT Chars? Preferably not.

If you are holding the bond, are you willing to bond more than one Aes Sedai? Definitly prefer it to be personal, but I would be willing to bond a bunch of sisters.

Do you have any questions or concerns? If so please state them here or PM them to me. Think I'm good.

Because in the bond, there is one dominant factor and one submissive one.

Think of it like a magnet. + and - attract each other, but + and + repel. The bonder is the +, able to compel her bonded through the bond, whereas the bonded looks out for the bonder's safety, even above his own well being. Having two people able to cvompel each other through the bond would be like... short-circuiting the entire system. Not to mention mess the both of them up in the head, as they'd feel what the other feels two times over.

Character Name: Aslan Waaran

Would you like to hold the bond, be bonded, or are you willing to do either?

Either depending situation aka expectation and rules

If you are bonded, would you be willing to be bonded to an Aes Sedai who holds bonds to other BT Chars?

Dont see the problem intialy again depending expectations and rules

If you are holding the bond, are you willing to bond more than one Aes Sedai?

Same as the 2 prior

Yeah more info on rules, regulations etc in general, and in regards to pair ups, for plotlines and whatnot to work its important in bonds that both characters, and character holders match..expectation, chemistry and writing style wise if the bonds are to work over time

i'd asume living arangement would be dependant on each set of bond, for ashies holding the bond, it would be natural the AS live wherever the ashie does, barracks, house etc

one question though, there is some ashie's serving with the band in the citadel..i dont know if there is anyone active though except me...just a point to raise in such a case what would happen with that

in my case Aslan live off base and travel in so if its wishfull or such he'd just not bring her in to the citadel

as for the AS asuamble it would again be like in the books ie pretty much like an ordinary warder just he can channel...the warder live on the road if the AS do, and if they are in Tar Valon then its half by half or something, basicaly up to the AS if she has a room with an extra room for warder where she prefer the gaidin(s) to live, or if she dont have an extra room (maybe used such a room for something else like storage whatever...most the time not specified) and prefer the warder to stay in the gaidin baracks

i belive the barracks are 3 floors, on the botom if i remember corectly are rooms with 2 bunkbeds for trainees, on second floor is rooms with two normal beds for tower guards, and on tird floor is singular rooms for warders

As long as Seggie and Elgee agree then I am going to assume that housing will be up to the bonded to decide how they will work it. 

one question though, there is some ashie's serving with the band in the citadel..i dont know if there is anyone active though except me...just a point to raise in such a case what would happen with that

in my case Aslan live off base and travel in so if its wishfull or such he'd just not bring her in to the citadel

Forgive my ignorance but I am assuming that Aslan is a Darkfriend Asha'man or a Dreadlord among the Asha'man?  If so then I would assume Aslan would either find an AS of the Black Ajah or make sure that he was the one doing the bonding so he could mask his end of the bond so his bonded doesn't disover his allegiances or know where he is at times. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Everyone

As far as your initial concerns Liitha, and this goes for everyone.  Each Division (BT and WT) will post a list of those who are interested in being bonded.  Everyone interested in entering into a bond is encouraged to discuss the details and particulars with those they are interested in.  Everything should be discussed and agreed upon before accepting or entering into a bond.  You should take several things into consideration. 

1) Availability, some people are on more than other.  So if you are a daily poster or an occasional poster then it would be wise to find someone who closely matches your availability. 

2) Posting style, everyone has one.  Try to find someone who best matches yours.

3) Chemistry, try creating an RP thread with your two characters to see how it goes.  If you can't think of an IC reason (which you probably can't) for your characters to meet then you could create a fictional RP via PM's or some other medium and see if you click. 

4) What are you looking to get out of the bond?  Find what your potential bondmates intentions are.  Do they plan on hanging around either Tower only leaving for important RP's or do they want a live of constant adventure. 

5) Future plans, what goals do they have for their character?  What goals do you have for yours? Do you envision any conflicts?

I'm sure there is more but I think you all get the point.

No one is being forced to do anything, so if you don't find a suitable partner or are not completely satisfied that it is right for you then you can simply wait.  You can wait as long as you need or decide that you don't want to participate at all.

We really want this to work so it is imperative that people take it seriously and invest the proper time into choosing the right partner.  We don't want people making hasty decisions then asking to be excused from a bond because they didn't put the proper effort into finding a suitable partner.  Of course the standard rules apply that if your bonded go MIA for a significant period of time then you can ask to be released, etc...

Seggie and Elgee will decide upon the rules and regs.  As soon as they are available they will be posted.

Aslan isn't a darkfriend.  He's just really weird and has multiple personalities.  Or did last time Arath saw him anyway. :P He's simply never at the Farm because of his assignment to the Band.

My second character, Daevis, is supposed to be out there with him, but I never saw any RP's where he was needed.  I should probably have checked more.  ::)

Aslan isn't a darkfriend.  He's just really weird and has multiple personalities.  Or did last time Arath saw him anyway. :P He's simply never at the Farm because of his assignment to the Band.

My second character, Daevis, is supposed to be out there with him, but I never saw any RP's where he was needed.  I should probably have checked more.  ::)

Duh *smacks self in head*  OOPS  :-[  Now that I re-read it I see the BAND was mentioned just before the CITADEL.  :-[  For some reason I was thinking of the Dark side of things.  Aslan sounds very interesting... ;D

Ok so we have Asha'man or at least some BT personnel assigned to the Band then? 

So my answer to the question that was posed by Liitha would be;  It is something that has to be worked out with the one to whom you will be bonded.  Just let them know OOC'ly that there will be times that you need to be away at the Citadel and see what you can come up with as far as an IC explanation.  Perhaps in your case it might be better to hold the bond.  That way IC'ly whenever you are going to the Citadel you can give your bonded the option of remaining at the farm or returning to Tar Valon.

arath there is the snow festival in the citadel atm where you can attend, it would be prior to the interdiv with cots as well if you have your char there, cause the snow happened midway into the the taking of the gate, and the bt rp is after the shadow themself at least has declared victory wheter the wetlands acknowledge it or not

as for aslan lol the ashies that serve with the band has a own section in the citadel they live it save for aslan, he has a room but dont use it...he has a own plotline where he built himself a hut in the nothingness in the area that would now be known as mantheren as the whole kingdom or should that be queendom has been resurected :P which plotline i named enchanted glen and all rps happening there is noted such in rp title...basicaly its created as an opertunity for me to play off the talent he got

if he is the bondholder then yeah he'd likely want to stick to mainly living there, if he got bonded then this would have to be discussed with whomever he was bonded too, all considering its not that big a backside but that it gives him an interesting home, because he is strong enough to travel so he really can easily go anywhere like citadel for work, back to BT, or even wherever as such as long he know the place he is going too

either i'll have to leave the plot hanging, or if i were bonded with someone of an ajah that could have interest in something nature related like yellow or brown they could go back and forth, if the terms was on good foot with wt he sertainly even if he was the bondholder would be interested if he could manage to get to TV and into the libary in hope that there would be books that could help him discover more about his talent ;)

but yeah really all would depend what the case becomes...so will see who the list from wt has on it when the time comes for pairing up, and then see what the best plotline option would be that suited both.

I support the suitable partner statement.

I'm also going to remind everyone that this is a PG-13 site, not a snogfest ;)  I'm sure that some people will want to have romantic relationships between their characters, but let's not ALL do that, mmmkay?  It gets really old reading through "light of my life" sort of junk.

I'm not sure what this division's stance on relationships is, but I know that for the WT and the WY, you're supposed to get that stuff approved through the DL.. not that anyone has lately.  *goes to set peoples' hair on fire*

<3

Yeah, but that's some hot Warder-on-Warder action... not had any of that in a good long while ;)  Now, let's just hope that everyone else doesn't follow suite, eh? :D  Once is neat, twice is dull, and thrice is freaking annoying and lazy! *nodnods*