DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mins iewing of Perrin

scotthunt

Im not 100% sure of this but didnt Min have a vision in the beginning books about Perrin meeting Lanfear. I seem to remember her telling him to run as fast as he could when meeting her. But then she had her body changed and so she is no longer the most beautiful woman. Would anyone mind sharing their thoughts with me??

Yes, I dont think she had a viewing of Perrin with Lanfear, I think it was more a generic warning. SHE had seen the most beautiful woman she'd ever seen and realised it to be lanfear (I think Lanfear told her to look after him for her?! I can't remember), so she passed on her own experience to Perrin - in the form of a warning.

While looking for the exact quote of what Min says i started to read the last chapters of The Great Hunt and i found this:

The Shienarans were making preparations for their evening meal. Lan sat under a tree sharpening his sword; the Warder gave Rand a careful look, then a nod.

He has a power wrought blade that never needs sharpening, doesn't he?

Ontopic: I think Yurian whos posting below is correct. That is what I always believed it was refered to.

I thought it meant Lanfear, and came true.  In the T'A'R Perrin meets her; she tries to entice him to glory.  He even remembers Min's warning, either at the time or after he wakes up.  I'm pretty sure it's in TDR, because Ishmael also speaks with Perrin in the same dream.

While looking for the exact quote of what Min says i started to read the last chapters of The Great Hunt and i found this:

The Shienarans were making preparations for their evening meal. Lan sat under a tree sharpening his sword; the Warder gave Rand a careful look, then a nod.

Ontopic: I think Yurian whos posting below is correct. That is what I always believed it was refered to.

Yes, it is a mistake in the text. Supposedly the newer editions of the book now have it corrected to be a belt knife being sharpened.

I thought it meant Lanfear, and came true.  In the T'A'R Perrin meets her; she tries to entice him to glory.  He even remembers Min's warning, either at the time or after he wakes up.  I'm pretty sure it's in TDR, because Ishmael also speaks with Perrin in the same dream.

i'm pretty sure it was this.

the dream perrin has in that inn(?) and one of his first dreams involving a wolf.

Yes, it is a mistake in the text. Supposedly the newer editions of the book now have it corrected to be a belt knife being sharpened.

Really? I thought Lan's blade was melted down from time to time (after years of use) as it wore down but was handed down for generations. 

Really? I thought Lan's blade was melted down from time to time (after years of use) as it wore down but was handed down for generations. 

At one point in the first two books Lan comments to Rand that Lan's blade is power wrought but of the type used by common soldiers in the AOL, while Rand's Blade is not only power wrought but was the type made for Generals in AOL.

You are thinking of his signet ring, the one he gave to Nyneave.

Archived